Project Platinum: Artifex Mundi

Lagoon Aris

21 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Queen's Quest 4 is out now?

I can't see it on the EU store at all.

Well apparently it isn't out yet on the store. But the trophy list is already online so it shouldn't take more than a few days for the game to be online as well.
I just thought, I could update the thread already accordingly as I never know if I won't slack off with it again once the game really releases ?

Hey, if you don't mind, I would like to join.

I am at 11 Platinums. I think I qualify for "Glasses Companion" and "Asmodai's Slayer".

my plats:

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala

Eventide: Slavic Fable

Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery

Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne 

Edited by Moosbert

Joining as Carnival Visitor 

With:

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Not sure why I didn't join before.. 

Anyway, I'm also posting to ask for help deciding on something. 

I need a game starting with E, to avoid playing Enslaved (kind of long and annoying collectible trophy too). So, the next thing that I thought of, would be this games..

Now, my question: What's the best series overall, Enigmatis or Eventide? (I will be playing 1 of the trilogies, not single games, so, I need a general opinion on the complete trilogies, not the individual games). 

Added and updated everyone.

49 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Now, my question: What's the best series overall, Enigmatis or Eventide? (I will be playing 1 of the trilogies, not single games, so, I need a general opinion on the complete trilogies, not the individual games). 

Well, looking at both trilogies at whole, I would say, Enigmatis is definitely the better series. I really liked the first Eventide because it was about slavic folklore and I love folklore a lot but the other two games in the series are only losely connected. They share the same protagonist but there are different antagonists, different plotlines and different myths in focus. Enigmatis however is a connected series. It shares the same antagonist over all three games. It has the same cast throughout all games and it tells a story from its beginning until its proper end and you have to play all three games to know the whole story. It's a really great series and the Enigmatis games are my favourite AM games overall. The only other AM series where the titles are connected by storyline is Nightmares from the Deep. All other series only share the title and sometimes the protagonist at most and that's it which is sad, but no can do.

I was actually waiting for more inputs from others.. 

I also like forklore, so that's a plus, but since I plan to play them back to back, the one that's actually a connected story should be the best option. 

I will keep the other in mind too, since I like the theme. 

As for Nightmares from the Deep, I have heard good things about it. 

Now, I do need some sales ? 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I was actually waiting for more inputs from others.. 

I also like forklore, so that's a plus, but since I plan to play them back to back, the one that's actually a connected story should be the best option. 

I will keep the other in mind too, since I like the theme. 

As for Nightmares from the Deep, I have heard good things about it. 

Now, I do need some sales 1f602.png 

Nightmares from the Deep is a great trilogy as well. Especially since all three stories are connected as well. Though it's more of a major plot that goes on through all three games but apart from that, they still have their own stories each. Wouldn't play the third part without the other two though. But those games are quite old. The first game definitely has no fast travel, so you have a lot to walk and abcktrack. Can't remember if the second already had fast travel or not. And you have to do two playthroughs, since you have trophies for Mah-Jong and Hidden Objects which exclude each other. But I think, thanks to that, you get more playtime for your money.

The games regularly go on sales. Just have a bit of patience. I got most of the games through sales. And I only lack the two newest since they haven't seen a sale yet.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Enigmatis is a much better series overall. The voice acting is atrocious but has a good story with spooky elements which the company seems to have abandoned for later series.

Eventide the first game is quite good, but its where they made a formula for their games and it gets less interesting later on.

• Like 2

@Lagoon Aris No fast travel is just a minor issue to me (from what I remember, Clockwork also didn't had fast travel, and it didn't bothered me at all). 

For me, an interesting setting is more important than the actual gameplay when it comes to this kind of games, since I'm mainly playing for the story, not for other reasons. 

@Psy-Tychist

Thanks, Okey, now I understand why you named the 1st Eventide as being better than the rest.

I'm really much more interested in Enigmatis than on Eventide as of now, and I'm having second guesses about my "N" game for the other event.. Nightmares from the Deep has always been something that I wanted to check, and it's really getting tempting.. 

Yes, I know about them being on sale often, but I wasn't "seriously" thinking in buying them until now.. 

Please bump me up to Artifex Master, as I've completed every game on the list, including the bonus ones.

I also wrote text walkthroughs for the vast majority of them, if you want to link those in the main post. They’re hosted over on .org. 

EDIT (November 14) - have also completed Scarlett Mysteries, whenever that's added to the list, so I should stay at Artifex Master.

EDIT (January 2, 2020) - Dreamwalker also completed, so I should stay at Artifex Master.

Edited by themindisacity

• 4 weeks later...