Privacy Mode for Users

Evening people,

didn't found a topic for this, so I thought, to just create one for a new suggestion.

I'm missing something like a "Holiday Mode" or maybe better named as "Privacy Mode" here.

Some people might be not interested in showing everyone there trophy lists and beeing in a leaderboard, but like the good overview and functions this site got, to show a profile.

And well, there are even more reasons like taking a break from trophy hunting, where a privacy function might help to stop getting pressured and always look on the leaderboards.

What ya think about such a function - write a feedback :)

Best Regards

jB-

13 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

I think he means he'd like an invisible mode where he can see his profile to its full extent without being on the leaderboards or seen by others.

Request to be removed from the leaderboards and sign out of the forum?

I'm not understanding why this is being discussed since we've got several ways to "hide" already.

2 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

Some people might be not interested in showing everyone there trophy lists and beeing in a leaderboard, but like the good overview and functions this site got, to show a profile.

I sense the smell of cheating in the air. Give that Piefke one plausible reason why you wanna hide your entire profile. Just one.

Edited by Piano Reeves

Typical for some of you guys, to don't take suggestions serious, because I have flagged games and beeing like a child linking the old dispute threads from over 1 year here ? you can try and find more, but I can just tell you that you won't ?

That suggestion isn't something mainly for me .. I just think, it would be a nice future in here.

Why does it have to be so complicated, to hide a profile? - a manual function, where everyone can decide anytime, when he wants to be on the leaderboards would be way better in my eyes.

Greetings

jB-

10 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Typical for some of you guys, to don't take suggestions serious, because I have flagged games and beeing like a child linking the old dispute threads from over 1 year here 1f612.png you can try and find more, but I can just tell you that you won't 1f609.png

That suggestion isn't something mainly for me .. I just think, it would be a nice future in here.

Why does it have to be so complicated, to hide a profile? - a manual function, where everyone can decide anytime, when he wants to be on the leaderboards would be way better in my eyes.

Greetings

jB-

You can set your profile to private on PSN, that way none of your trophies are visible for others.

• Like 1

and what about any other similar sites (where your list would be still visible even if it would be "private" here)? sounds like "i want it to be private without it being private".

not worth it to implement this here imo.

Edited by Iiah

Well I can just forward this suggestion to every sites forum or support and let them decide, what they think about it.

Sadly PSN doesn't offers such a site, where you can watch your trophys just like here, so if you want a good overview from them, you can't just turn them private and that's why I am asking for such a feature.

14 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Well I can just forward this suggestion to every sites forum or support and let them decide, what they think about it.

Sadly PSN doesn't offers such a site, where you can watch your trophys just like here, so if you want a good overview from them, you can't just turn them private and that's why I am asking for such a feature.

or just ignore things that bother you here currently. way easier.

It's funny, that you guys always mix up 2 different things ..

I don't give a sh** of beeing in the leaderboard or not .. I know, that I made a mistake in trusting someone, who messed up my account, but that's another thing .. there is no reason for me to start a new account, since already the Vita Games in my store costed me more then 1000€ and all other games I played except those 3 flags, I got fair and you won't find an inch of illegal content there.

Yeah, you hit the point by saying "you get reduced to cheated games" .. feels like racism against flagged users - like you loose all rights to forward something and ask for a basical discussion ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Yeah, you hit the point by saying "you get reduced to cheated games" .. feels like racism against flagged users - like you loose all rights to forward something and ask for a basical discussion ?

It happens when most flagged users are blatant liars. Hopefully not your case.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

"Racism"? How does this have anything to do with race?

It doesn't have anything to do with race but it feels like you are something worse and have no right to forward suggestions or use the forums and I think, that's just childish in my eyes ^_^

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Scrolls to the bottom of your profile...

2018_04_05_12h41_10.png

You can use the Delete/Restore Profile for this.

https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete

I already wrote it above twice .. read that quote - that's exactly what I mean:

7 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I think he means he'd like an invisible mode where he can see his profile to its full extent without being on the leaderboards or seen by others.

12 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It happens when most flagged users are blatant liars. Hopefully not your case.

Well I can understand everyone, who might tell incorrect informations in a situation, where you know the consequences, doesn't it?

But does that give some of you the right, to always reduce him to be a cheater .. cmon, stop beeing that mean 

2 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

This has nothing to do with racism. You can't choose your skin color, your gender or your sexual orientation. But YOU CHOSE to play on an account with cheated trophies which implies you're okay with that.

About racism see above .. yeah I chose to don't stop my account, cause I put in a lot of money and I hate cheating myself ..

I hate myself, that I got weak a year ago and asked for help on a friend, who busted me then with that.

Anyways that still doesn't give anyone the right, to mix up a suggestion with that one, doesn't it? ?

So well .. overall I guess nobody accepts my suggestion, so I guess I have to take that as a simple "No, we won't take such a function on our site" .. well then, thanks anyways .. was worth a try ?

I still say you can delete your account the way I showed. You can use that option to restore it again later too, whenever you feel like it. Not sure how this is any different from what you suggest.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Ignoring the flagged games thing on his profile... I can kind of understand where he's coming from?

If you completely remove the profile, you won't be able to check it anymore, right? What he wants is to be able to check his stats etc without anyone being able to do it. It's not just about the leaderboards I think, it's about the visibility of the profile in general.

I often browse through the top of the leaderboards, just looking at trophy lists or also from people I find interesting in the forum, I can understand if someone might feel uncomfortable by this. 

Edited by NanaCheese94

Just now, MMDE said:

I still say you can delete your account. You can use that option to restore it again later, when you feel like it.

I am well aware, that this is possible, but that's not the point of that topic/suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

So, gamers count as a race now? :facepalm: You still haven't brought up a valid point to why Sly should waste his time for such a pointless feature.

I already named the reasons, why such a feature would be great - read my first post again.

1 minute ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I'm disgusted by cheating and if someone would hack my account and cheat trophies I wouldn't play on that account anymore. (And I would never ask for help btw) But you do, so I can hardly believe you hate cheating.

But honestly, do you would suggest your private mode if you had no cheated trophies on your account?

Yeah, as I said I got weak, when I didn't succeeded in those 2 games and the 3rd one (Borderlands) I didn't knew, my coop partner used save files (it was the same guy which I trusted for the other 2 games).

And well, I think, that I would use that feature anyways, even if I had no cheated trophys in there.

I think, there are still times, when you need a bit of break and I wouldn't like to request the delisting and again the listing on the leaderboard or if you got a premium account, you need to write Sly a PM and bother him with that.

Ofc there are people as well, who likes the good overview here .. I mean, there are great futures in here .. and I know some people, who don't like to be on a leaderboard, cause it pressures them to defend their place.

4 minutes ago, Raitandrul said:

The OP wants to be on the website but wants to choose not to be on the leaderboard. This way everyone can see he chose not to be on the leadeboard and not somebody else chose for him (got flagged).

That's not, what I mean.

I don't want, that anybody can look on my profile except me (when I am logged in).

You are saying it, like I want a protection for cheaters and thats not the point.

1 minute ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Ignoring the flagged games thing on his profile... I can kind of understand where he's coming from?

If you completely remove the profile, you won't be able to check it anymore, right? What he wants is to be able to check his stats etc without anyone being able to do it. It's not just about the leaderboards I think, it's about the visibility of the profile in general.

I often browse through the top of the leaderboards, just looking at trophy lists or also from people I find interesting in the forum, I can understand if someone might feel uncomfortable by this. 

Thanks god there is the first one who fully understood the point of this topic ?