How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

Just now, PliskinCobra said:

but most people who support this just simply want to be able to play games from other account using their main account (be it for region locked games or game sharing).

They won't actually play it on their main account, but rather they will transfer trophies from another account to their main account. There's also issues related to what about online trophies when you gotta play offline? This is not about if people can play games from other regions, but rather if we should allow them to transfer trophies they earned on another account to their main account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

The vita has the option to take screenshots of trophies

I did not know this. Unless you mean pushing select + ps button?

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

but rather if we should allow them to transfer trophies they earned on another account to their main account.

Isn't that kinda the same thing as playing on an offline PS3 that hasn't gotten an account on it yet? 

For example someone buys a second hand PS3 the previous owner didn't format it and has a bunch of trophies on it new owner sets up their psn on it and gets some trophies, while this is like a save file cheat no way to prove it so no one looks into it. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

23 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I did not know this. Unless you mean pushing select + ps button?

Yeah, you have to press the buttons, I can't remember which ones now because it's been a while since I used my vita. The screenshots don't automatically save when you get a trophy like they do on PS4 but it only takes a second to save a screenshot in general. 

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

I wouldn't take the list of flaggable things that literally, and the reason you even went through this is because you too realize this is a gray area. You are abusing an exploit in the console to run otherwise unintended software to be run.

Ummm, how exactly should we take it, then? 

As far as why he "went through this", it was precisely to show that it doesn't break any currently enacted rules.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So we openly encourage violating the TOS to create alternate accounts to obtain more trophies, but this, No No No, this is just toooo far! 

Yeah, totally logical. 

Agreed. It makes no sense to say, "Well, this actual violation of TOS is allowable, but this other potential violation of TOS is verboten."

Edited by starcrunch061

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So we openly encourage violating the TOS to create alternate accounts to obtain more trophies, but this, No No No, this is just toooo far! 

Yeah, totally logical. 

Sony has promoted family sharing.

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Ummm, how exactly should we take it, then? 

I already answered this.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

It's meant as guidance...

But it's pretty obvious stuff tbh. This is a "new" and different gray zone, so wouldn't expect it to be covered, yet anyhow.

Edited by MMDE

55 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

For example someone buys a second hand PS3 the previous owner didn't format it and has a bunch of trophies on it new owner sets up their psn on it and gets some trophies, while this is like a save file cheat no way to prove it so no one looks into it. 

People do this stuff to never get stuck with a game that isn't 100% completed. In this case too you got issues with online trophies. Anyway, you're right in that practically there's not much of a difference, but one is done using an actual other user, taking advantage of an exploit in the console to run software you're not supposed to run earning trophies intended to be for another user and then transferring it to your own. There's definitely a difference.

On a side point, the 100% on blank account is definitely shady stuff and can definitely make your account look as if you're using CFW to just add new trophy lists to your profile. You'll all of a sudden have new trophies you maybe earned months or even years ago on your profile that you previously didn't. Would definitely avoid this, but it also doesn't work with online trophies, so can't be used as an excuse for why you got online trophies that is no longer obtainable all of a sudden appearing on your profile earned years earlier.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Turns out...that didn't actually answer anything. Laws are never "meant as guidance". That's what makes them laws...

That's because it's not "laws". Fairly certain Mango always intended it as guidance, in case people wondered about this stuff. And obviously it can't cover stuff not yet thought about. -_- I really think "it's not on that list" is a poor argument to latch onto. Discuss what is involved, why it should be acceptable or not etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

And now we can do that on the Vita. They promoted it after all.

You'll have to link me to them promoting it on Vita. They've done so on PS4, and I think also PS3, but not Vita.

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Nobody should be using the TOS of PSN as a basis of saying something is wrong.

Your basic premise here is flawed. Sorry, but people shouldn't need to break the PSN ToS to stay competitive.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

When game companies have attempted to stop people from boosting, you can guarantee it's going to be someone who posts on this website telling people a workaround to avoid being detected. When you have to sneakily boost the online because the company might ban you if you go overboard, that's when you know you're clearly violating the TOS, but of course the best place to look to make sure you won't be banned would likely be a published trophy guide on this website that will outline exactly what it takes to not be banned for boosting that game. 

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

People break the PSN TOS everyday by boosting multiplayer trophies to speed them up, so people get that 200 hour legit platinum in less than 20 hours by boosting the online. Aside from that, people also set up boosting sessions with multiple consoles, someone shouldn’t have to do that but online trophies are best done quickly. However any boosting to increase stats faster than the game intended is against the PSN TOS but nobody ever says anything is wrong with that because near enough every guide on all trophy websites promotes boosting methods to get the online done. 

Just now, Sergen said:

When game companies have attempted to stop people from boosting, you can guarantee it's going to be someone who posts on this website telling people a workaround to avoid being detected. When you have to sneakily boost the online because the company might ban you if you go overboard, that's when you know you're clearly violating the TOS, but of course the best place to look to make sure you won't be banned would likely be a published trophy guide on this website that will outline exactly what it takes to not be banned for boosting that game. 

Want to talk about another problem or should we stick to the topic at hand? Another problem doesn't make the first problem less bad or go away etc. 2 wrongs makes a who cares fallacy. :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_wrongs_make_a_right

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You shouldn't take their promotions so literally.

Well, it's what their consoles intentionally allows for too, and Vita doesn't.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Just now, MMDE said:

Want to talk about another problem or should we stick to the topic at hand? Another problem doesn't make the first problem less bad or go away etc. 2 wrongs makes a who cares fallacy. :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_wrongs_make_a_right

Well, it's what their consoles intentionally allows for too.

But the fact of the matter is, people will violate the TOS when it suits them, then say "it's wrong to violate the TOS", so it is being a hypocrite if you use the TOS of PSN to explain that something is wrong and that people shouldn't do it, when you've violated the TOS by boosting multiplayer trophies to get them done faster than the game would have intended.

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Consoles don't have intentions.

Seriously? You wanna take this to kindergarten level? Obviously the developers of the console have intentions for what the console allows for. Had it been intended for Vita, it would have allowed multiple local users, it doesn't, this is even why the trophies can be transferred. I don't think it's even some disabled feature, it's just not available, which is why I think the exploit works (transferring trophies earned on one account to another).

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You're making assumptions you can't possibly back up, so apparently we need to take this to kindergarten level for you to understand. Although your stubbornness doesn't allow you to be open to other views than your own.

There is no "obviously" anything. You haven't interviewed the developers to see what their intentions were. My perception was that Sony developers created a product for one user to start because they had limited resources and intended to add multiple local users in later with a firmware update. Like Sony obviously does with all their consoles, releasing new features long after consoles are released. Obviously my perception is right because I used the word obviously.

It's obvious when they've added features specifically for this on PS3 and PS4. There's even accounts for parents and children. And Sony has promoted this.

This is not the case for Vita, and you've to go out of your way to do various exploits to do something that isn't even the same thing but has some of the same results.

26 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You're making assumptions you can't possibly back up, so apparently we need to take this to kindergarten level for you to understand. Although your stubbornness doesn't allow you to be open to other views than your own.

There is no "obviously" anything. You haven't interviewed the developers to see what their intentions were. My perception was that Sony developers created a product for one user to start because they had limited resources and intended to add multiple local users in later with a firmware update. Like Sony obviously does with all their consoles, releasing new features long after consoles are released. Obviously my perception is right because I used the word obviously.

Daiv is spot-on here. There's no difference in value of his opinion and yours. Personally, I think it's completely unclear why Sony only allowed for a single user on the Vita.

And this goes back to my original point: the idea that our rules for the leaderboard are merely "guidance" feels like nonsense to me, because each of us clearly has different opinions on what is "allowed", what is "intended", etc. The only obvious thing here is that different situations will arise over time, which is why we have these discussions. And this is no different than discussions of law in any other place, whether that be law school, a departmental committee, debates on the Torah, or figuring out whether something was a foul in a game of basketball played on my driveway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Daiv is spot-on here. There's no difference in value of his opinion and yours. Personally, I think it's completely unclear why Sony only allowed for a single user on the Vita.

And this goes back to my original point: the idea that our rules for the leaderboard are merely "guidance" feels like nonsense to me, because each of us clearly has different opinions on what is "allowed", what is "intended", etc. The only obvious thing here is that different situations will arise over time, which is why we have these discussions. And this is no different than discussions of law in any other place, whether that be law school, a departmental committee, debates on the Torah, or figuring out whether something was a foul in a game of basketball played on my driveway.

While what the reason for this might be unclear, even if it's likely either piracy or hardware limitations, maybe mix, you too agree with me on the actual point being made. You're not supposed to be able to do this on the Vita. Daiv just want to go kindergarten level arguing about semantics and how I expressed it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Although your stubbornness doesn't allow you to be open to other views than your own.

I actually think you're very wrong about this aspect of it. I just don't like shitty arguments and will happily argue against them, even if I ultimately agree with the person making the argument. As usual, I've actually not uttered my personal opinion on if I think it should be allowed or not. I'm more on the fence and have tried to point out facts about this. I just hate poor arguments.

I honestly think @DEMONICRUBLE18 has brought up some of the better points in this thread, and has actually been discussing what this is about. Not pretend like it isn't what it is, not discussed other problems so we should ignore this one, started semantics games, or "it's not on the list" (yet) arguments...

2 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Previous owner having earned trophies is not really a problem, and the trophies will not have been associated with any specific account, which ultimately is the big thing alongside it not requiring you to take advantage of some shady exploit in the console.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Yeah, totally logical. 

One thing I forgot to mention about this. I think you forget that you need to do what you say is violating the ToS to do this "other region vita games" stuff too, but it's a case where Sony hasn't promoted it and it's not an intended feature of the console. It's the same stuff, just the "other region vita games" stuff is a step further involving taking advantage of an exploit in the console to transfer trophies from one account to another. So I don't think your argument even makes sense on that level.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1