How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

42 minutes ago, mekktor said:

[...]By that logic, anyone who uses a save file to resume their game progress should be flagged because save files can be used by others to earn trophies illegitimately.

Not quite the same. You’re still doing it all on one (main) account when re-le-loading your own savefile.

The crux here is that you technically only replicate trophies from one account to (your main) other account with this vita ‘workaround’.

4 hours ago, mekktor said:

This isn't much different to what is already allowed with unsigned users.

Unsigned users can be done only with non-digital titles (disc or cartridge) and there is nothing wrong with it.

Digital-only titles can be "transfered" only by using some sort of hack, cause you basically change the owner of the trophies via external means.

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

But you need 3 (!) accounts in order for this to work, which is again not possible on Vita.

Step 1. Create a blank account w/o signing in to PSN. Play the game the account is meant for to a 100% (or less).

Step 2. Delete your main account.

Step 3. Link the blank account to your main account by signing in to PSN with your main account.

Not three, but two accounts, one of which isn't even a "real" account (no e-mail linked).

No "hacking" or anything remotely similar involved.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fastflowdaman said:

Play the game the account is meant for to a 100% (or less).

You forgot about the account, from which that game needs to be downloaded, otherwise your trophies won't be "blank".

As I can see you just don't understand the process of trophies "binding" to account...

5 hours ago, ScooloV said:

But you need 3 (!) accounts in order for this to work, which is again not possible on Vita.

I think you've got your maths wrong there. You would only need one PSN account and a local user to do this. Of course that's not possible on the Vita (without some kind of workaround). That's the entire reason this thread exists.

The reason I mentioned it was to ask why it should be considered wrong to do it on Vita if it's fine to do it on other consoles.

2 hours ago, ScooloV said:

You forgot about the account, from which that game needs to be downloaded, otherwise your trophies won't be "blank".

You download the game on your main account first. The trophies are "blank" because you play the game on a new local user.

Edited by mekktor

I suddenly realize that I finally can stop buying psv games from my own region psn store. The vita games in Swedish store are always more expensive than other regions like NA and HK. I cannot convince myself to ignore this offer even some ppl say this is not allowed. 

As long as I spend my own money to buy games and then play them to earn trophies, I don't see anything wrong with it. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mekktor said:

You download the game on your main account first.

We are talking about digital-only games from different region, so let say you:

1) buy a game from US_acc#1

2) create BLANK_acc#2 get the platinum

3) sync with EU_acc#3

39 minutes ago, mekktor said:

why it should be considered wrong

Cause you don't copy trophies from blank account, you copy trophies from other account to yours, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to earn trophies on Vita for blank account with digital-only title (only via CFW), cause once you login to PSN, all earned trophies are binded to that account and with that "vitatrick" you just change the owner of the trophies to another.

4 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

We are talking about digital-only games from different region, so let say you:

1) buy a game from US_acc#1

2) create BLANK_acc#2 get the platinum

3) sync with EU_acc#3

Ok, I actually wasn't talking about different regions, so that's why you came up with something different. It doesn't really matter how many accounts are required anyway. What matters is that it's possible on PS3 and PS4, but not on PS Vita.

4 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Cause you don't copy trophies from blank account, you copy trophies from other account to yours, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to earn trophies on Vita for blank account with digital-only title (only via CFW), cause once you login to PSN, all earned trophies are binded to that account and with that "vitatrick" you just change the owner of the trophies to another.

You say that the trophies are bound to the account that originally earned them, and that it is therefore wrong to transfer them. I'm wondering what makes the trophies bound to that account if they haven't been synced. I mean, apparently they are not actually bound at all, considering it is possible to transfer them to a different account.

28 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm wondering what makes the trophies bound to that account if they haven't been synced

That how the trophy system works since PS3. Once you login to PSN at least one time, all trophies will be bound to that account, and that happens on every console. Like try to get trophies on your account from PS3/PS4, not sync and try to login with different PSN ID - you'll get an error, cause all this trophies already has PSN ID inside them, that doesn't allow sync to other.

Same happens to "missing timestamps" trophies, once you get online, all trophies that will be earned after that will have timestamp.

28 minutes ago, mekktor said:

they are not actually bound at all, considering it is possible to transfer them to a different account.

Well you can perform same trick on PS3, but with some CFW, you just erase the "owner" of the trophies and sync to your account, without deleting the trophy information. Same happens with PS Vita, but a little bit different way.

Edited by ScooloV

15 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Using the sign in app to change users then gets the vita to sync the "blank" account's trophies to the currently signed in account.

Which makes users with trophies from different region seems all legit (when in 99% they are definitely played via CFW).

Well, I think I'll get my cake

4d4.jpg

14 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Which makes users with trophies from different region seems all legit (when in 99% they are definitely played via CFW).

Well, I think I'll get my cake

4d4.jpg

that's what the debate here is about...whether or not legit time stamps should be flagged in cases like this...we can try sarcasm, getting personal with other members, extrapolating to unrelated situations, acting like a victim in an unfair battle, providing false facts, etc. but the reality is, there's no right or wrong here...it just comes down to personal opinion of what people (and of course, the site owner) want as acceptable with regards to leaderboards and flags...it's ok to disagree and it's possible a large majority agree with your view on this exploit...

@midgetstrawdogin situations this, I suggest adding a poll to the thread to get an idea of numbers...never hurts...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

@midgetstrawdogin situations this, I suggest adding a poll to the thread to get an idea of numbers...never hurts...

Please don’t poll. When I’m done with my vacation, I’ll pass on literature for studies done on polls and all the ways they can absolutely hurt talking things out.

I’m also a numbers guys, by profession and by nature, but polling numbers are the opposite of any kind of reliable data.

23 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Please don’t poll. When I’m done with my vacation, I’ll pass on literature for studies done on polls and all the ways they can absolutely hurt talking things out.

I’m also a numbers guys, by profession and by nature, but polling numbers are the opposite of any kind of reliable data.

uncle, uncle...this has gotten side tracked enough...no poll is fine...i guess we're at the point of rehashing the same opinions/arguments again or just waiting...for...something...to...happen?...haha...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

out of curiosity, what are you thoughts based on?...have you ever tried going online with a modded console or used cfw on a vita?...have you come across data that suggests more bans for trophy transferring than cfw use?...

what I found through some pretty extensive net research was that many people have had their accounts banned by sony for using cfw on both ps3 and vita...couldn't find much about ps4 (mind you I didn't looking into it much - hackers do not have the ability to take their mods online yet) ...i also found a whopping 0 bans for transferring trophies on vita using this trick...as a matter of fact it used to be as simple as using two memory cards or doing a factory reset (up until 2012-13) to be able to access region-specific digital-only content on one main account...this may be a new discussion on psnp with regards to whether or not it should be flagged but it is not that new of a technology...

Just to make clear, I never heard of ppl getting permanently banned on vita, I am talking about chances.

So it's easier to detect that you ran into an exploit since you are with your account signed in your vita, using the ps store and have no way to clear history and syscalls information. If sony adds a code in the ps store, like they did to catch people who use cfw on a ps3, they can figure out you used some exploit.
On the other hand. You are able to do everything offline and before you go online or sign with your account you are able to wipe history and stuff.

About bein flagged for it. It's impossible to tell if the person in question used a cfw, this exploit or just made the trophies using a software (if the person in question doesn't make a misstake). So, in my opinion, you shouldn't flag people for that.

I'll speculate now. Since they flag people who change their trophies timestamp. You can do it using a original not touched console or a cfw and there is no way to tell the difference by only looking into your account status (only if the person in question screw's up pretty hard). They should flag.

PS: I'm not a CFW promoter and I don't think stealing is cool. Also, I develop games for living.

Edited by arkitekt-gt
add ps text.

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

so this method is approved or not?

If you want to play the games, go ahead and do so. Why do you need to do this shady stuff? Abusing an exploit to change user on the Vita without deleting the local data so the trophy list glitches over to your other account...

• Like 2

eround 6...*ding, ding, ding*...

i assumed stuff was going on behind the scenes but it seems like nothing is actually happening or is going to happen...maybe it's best to act like this thread never occurred?...wait for someone to be flagged and rehash the discussion in a dispute?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BlindMango said:

if you don't sync often, and as always you can be flagged if your time tags don't show up as legitimate, so be careful when syncing the trophies you've earned. If you choose to do this, be aware that as always there are no exceptions to illegitimate time tags, so sync after each trophy you get and if you mess up, hide the game or else it will probably get flagged if found.

This raises an interesting point...  

So, it is possible for this method to fail in such case that due to not syncing for a while, many trophies can sync with new timestamps within seconds?