Track #180.. !@#!%&

SnowFleurz

5 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

Maintain as much speed as possible in the slight S-turn right before, and immediatly get positioned in the middle. Try not to do any adjustements right before the island jump.

And just make sure not to fly off the road in the turn to the left straight after the jump, I did that multiple times when coming with high speed from the jump.

I have finally beat 180, it took about 3h to master this track. This part was the one that I had most trouble while I was doing (besides the first jump) and the end of the jump forced me to restart checkpoint quite often. 

The 178 took more time (about 4h), but it was easier. I kept missing the end and making some mistakes in easy parts.

Are there any hard tracks left in 181-200? I'll be doing those soon.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:16 AM, lilpain97 said:

Track 180 was definitely the worse track just because the stupid jumps and that corner with a speed boost on it. I had some annoyance with 170 because the double loop as well... Oh how I hate the loops in this game. 

Great way to rub some salt in finishing off the canyons, 3 wall jumps and a double narrow loop. ?

44 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Any advice on how to consistently make the first straightaway jump after wall jump at beginning? I can't seem to get it down

I always tried to stay in the middle (or a little bit to the left) of the road before the jump, but it depends on the speed you have after the wallride jump. 

My gold run and the attempts before it:

Edited by samuel_hsc

1 hour ago, samuel_hsc said:

I always tried to stay in the middle (or a little bit to the left) of the road before the jump, but it depends on the speed you have after the wallride jump. 

My gold run and the attempts before it:

Thanks man, yea just comes down to perfect speed out of wall jump. ?

• Like 1

So, I'm just 5 levels from the platinum, but I can't figure how to make the last jump at 196, it seems so random for me. Does anyone have a tip for this track? The time isn't a problem.

Edit: After a lot of randomness, I've got the jump :) (right after I asked for tips).

Edited by samuel_hsc

On 2/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, samuel_hsc said:

So, I'm just 5 levels from the platinum, but I can't figure how to make the last jump at 196, it seems so random for me. Does anyone have a tip for this track? The time isn't a problem.

Edit: After a lot of randomness, I've got the jump :) (right after I asked for tips).

Just if anyone else wonders, you need a perfect landing on the pavement in middle of track to have the speed to make the final jump in one go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got the gold medal on track 180 yesterday, and for me track 178 was harder than 180 to get gold on it Ôô

(i think i put more time on tracks 178 and 175 than on 180 ^^')

Thx god the black valley part is done now, platinum soon hopefully ^^

I just unlocked Black Series Valley and skipped straight to 180 because I saw this thread and wanted to get it out of the way. To my suprise I got it in less than an hour. For the record I spent more than an hour on multiple black series canyon tracks, and multiple red series tracks. I may have got lucky. I don't look forward to 178 however.

30 minutes ago, THE-73est said:

I just unlocked Black Series Valley and skipped straight to 180 because I saw this thread and wanted to get it out of the way. To my suprise I got it in less than an hour. For the record I spent more than an hour on multiple black series canyon tracks, and multiple red series tracks. I may have got lucky. I don't look forward to 178 however.

For me the hardest one in that serie was 178, then 175 and finally 180 ;)

12 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

It amazes me how nobody else has ever mentioned 172. That was by far the most shit annoying track for me! 1f602.png

Edit: also I found 178 very easy for some reason.

I just got to 172 last night, after I got 180 I went back and did 171 quickly, and called it a night after a few attempts at 172. So far the first half is easy enough, I still need to figure out the swamp part.

18 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

For me the hardest one in that serie was 178, then 175 and finally 180 ;)

Maybe I'll do these next then. I just want to feel like the hardest is behind me. I specifically skipped to 180 for this reason. Previously I did every track in sequential order.

Also I checked Uplay. I have 172 gold medals in 36 hours, I'm quite impressed with myself. Don't get me wrong I definitely spend 2+ hours on some tracks. I'm almost questioning Uplay is tracking my time incorrectly. Still need to get Trackmasters.

Reading these comments and I'm not too happy what I have installed for myself. I've just golded the first 120 tracks, so still have red and black but I'm having a tough time of it. Definitely the creek levels are the hardest. This game along with (off topic) batman arkham city dlc challenges is causing me close to a nervous breakdown.

46 minutes ago, THE-73est said:

I just got to 172 last night, after I got 180 I went back and did 171 quickly, and called it a night after a few attempts at 172. So far the first half is easy enough, I still need to figure out the swamp part.

You mean the very end u turn after the boost? But yea that track was a pain in the ass for me. It's not even close to one of the more difficult ones but by far the most frustration I felt with the game. The track is so short, and so much shit can go wrong when u can't even see what happened it's flat out irritating in my opinion. Every other track even the hardest felt like a good challenge, whereas 172 just felt like straight up bull shit design to me. Lol

25 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

You mean the very end u turn after the boost? But yea that track was a pain in the ass for me. It's not even close to one of the more difficult ones but by far the most frustration I felt with the game. The track is so short, and so much shit can go wrong when u can't even see what happened it's flat out irritating in my opinion. Every other track even the hardest felt like a good challenge, whereas 172 just felt like straight up bull shit design to me. Lol

I haven't watched a video of it, I kinda like to learn on my own, but so far I get to the part where you u-turn and jump past a house. Then next thing you know you are riding in these puddles and its a bit unclear where you need to go. I've only played it for about 20 minutes so far, have everything nailed down until the house jump so far.

35 minutes ago, closertim said:

Reading these comments and I'm not too happy what I have installed for myself. I've just golded the first 120 tracks, so still have red and black but I'm having a tough time of it. Definitely the creek levels are the hardest. This game along with (off topic) batman arkham city dlc challenges is causing me close to a nervous breakdown.

Its addicting though, I like the frustration in a sense.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:56 AM, Angus1343 said:

Any advice on how to consistently make the first straightaway jump after wall jump at beginning? I can't seem to get it down.

Very easy. Wall Jump hit the brakes and turn right before you even hit the quarter pipe. As for the first straight away jump, you can easily get through the turn without braking or letting go of accelerate, just hold right. That should give you enough speed to make the jump every time. 

I know this post is month old but thought I'd share as its fresh in my mind.

Finally got the plat, Uplay says i played solo part for 90 hours

With some time spent AFK, let's say it took me 80 hours

I'm not a trackmania noob, nor a trackmania veteran, let's say an average trackmania player, and still 80 hours ^^'

Fun to see that old topic saying "looks like an easy plat" .. o waaittt :D

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is rather old, and I'm not even in Black Valley yet to bitch about #180, but ooooh boy this game ?

Yesterday I unlocked Red Valley, but I'm still missing Gold on the multilaps 125 and 130.. I went back to get some trackmaster medals on White and Green Canyon to practice the environment a bit more, hopefully I can get those two multilaps soon... But slowly I'm losing faith in my ability to get this game done ? 

Not very reassuring to read so many nightmare stories about Black Valley, when i'm even struggling to unlock the Black Series ? I have no experience with racing games whatsoever, so this one is really hard for me. But it's also super fun, so I guess with the three P's (practice, persistence, patience) I might get there at some point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arcesus7 said:

I know this thread is rather old, and I'm not even in Black Valley yet to bitch about #180, but ooooh boy this game ?

Yesterday I unlocked Red Valley, but I'm still missing Gold on the multilaps 125 and 130.. I went back to get some trackmaster medals on White and Green Canyon to practice the environment a bit more, hopefully I can get those two multilaps soon... But slowly I'm losing faith in my ability to get this game done ? 

Not very reassuring to read so many nightmare stories about Black Valley, when i'm even struggling to unlock the Black Series ? I have no experience with racing games whatsoever, so this one is really hard for me. But it's also super fun, so I guess with the three P's (practice, persistence, patience) I might get there at some point. 

I just started on the game today and have only just finished the white tracks lmao, kinda sweating at the thought of not being to get this platinum lol. Oh well, time can only tell, there's no turning back now since I've already popped a few trophies.

2 hours ago, Twystical said:

I just started on the game today and have only just finished the white tracks lmao, kinda sweating at the thought of not being to get this platinum lol. Oh well, time can only tell, there's no turning back now since I've already popped a few trophies.

I've been playing this game off and on for since it was free on ps plus and I'm struggling hard.  Just finished getting gold on 142 so another 18 to unlock the black series and then who knows.  The multi lap races are the worst.  Normally if I'm on good pace by the third lap I'm a nervous wreck and somehow screw it up.  

Remember guys, it just takes one good run to get the gold on a Track. Keep on it and every Track will eventually get done. I've spent an entire evening on 178 and another evening on 179 & 180. Also the last twenty levels are much easier.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3