Plat Race of the Maidens 2018

Who do you think we win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which maiden will win?

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Plat #13 - Word Search by POWGI

1L00dd95.png

Points: Not sure. Didn't track how many hours I spent, or since it's newish, I don't know how long it takes to plat.

Easy game, not much else to say.

Hope you had a good holiday :)  Looks like there is a guide on PST for this that puts the platinum time at around 16 hours without a solution guide

• Like 1

Update:

Been concentrating on Berseria for the past month, and I just have the last handful of trophies left, which happen to be very grindy. One of them (the Item Collector trophy) has a bit of rng to it. Thankfully, I don't have to find all of the items in the game, so I have a bit of leeway. Currently, working on getting to level 200, while completing another grindy trophy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #17. Cat Quest - 25 Points

1L10438f.png

Not worth a whole lot of points, but this game is thoroughly charming with cat puns galore ^_^  It's an open world RPG where you play as a cat; the battle mechanics are pretty simple but still fun, the world is colorful and has an awesome artistic design, and the music reminded me a little of Zelda.  I am pretty excited that this will be getting a sequel, might be a day 1 purchase!

You had me at Cat Quest 2!!! I had to go look it up and yes it will be a day one purchase. Too bad release is not until next year some time. Here’s the Gentlebro’s website, which has a trailer if anyone wants a peek.

https://thegentlebros.com/catquest2/

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, Edunstar84 said:

On another note: I totally forgot that I wanted to save this for my 75th, so I'm going to have to find a game that I like, has a pretty plat, and quick to do.

That's such a tragedy!! OMG.
If you are open to the idea, you could always get the NA version of Graces :)
If that's too long, Blue Reflection might be a good one... and it's got a really cute plat icon!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

That's such a tragedy!! OMG.
If you are open to the idea, you could always get the NA version of Graces :)
If that's too long, Blue Reflection might be a good one... and it's got a really cute plat icon!

Haha, I'd never touch Graces f again. Once was enough! I've been waiting for Blue Reflection to drop below £20, it hasn't yet, unfortunately. The plat image is cute :D 

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Is Graces f that bad in terms of grinding?

Yes, with an element of RNG. But I took a long time to complete it (200 hours), whereas it might take you 100-120 hours. Also, even though I love the plot and the story (well, it's #3 on my Tales of list), it doesn't really set the world on fire. I have other, longer JRPGs on my backlog list that I wish to complete. Though, it's not as bad as Symphonia or Zestiria. 

10 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yes, with an element of RNG. But I took a long time to complete it (200 hours), whereas it might take you 100-120 hours. Also, even though I love the plot and the story (well, it's #3 on my Tales of list), it doesn't really set the world on fire. I have other, longer JRPGs on my backlog list that I wish to complete. Though, it's not as bad as Symphonia or Zestiria. 

Holy $#!t, 200 hours :o . Knowing my luck it might take me a long time too. I'm surprised to hear Zestiria is worse, that one is on my wishlist. Think I might start with Berseria, then Xillia, and save Graces f for last.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 3:41 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Nawww, I think I had regular luck and it still took me around 160 hours. Tho I can't remember, was there anything besides getting the shards for weapon requests that was RNG?

Oh and how about making Gravity Rush 2 your 75th? You've been sporting the Dusty avatar for as long as I can remember and the game isn't too long or too short.

Edited by Xillia

Plat #18. Earthlock - 125 Points

1L1e2f1d.png

I feel like this game grew on me, the first few hours didn't really grab me so much but as I got into the story, I really started to enjoy it.  I love the trophy list too, it's basically for doing everything in the game - I wish more lists were like this.  I thought the art style and music were both really good, I loved the battle system too where you have the ability to change stance in the battle to perform different actions.  The base battle speed though is kind of slow and I used R2 to speed through the battles, this to me should have been the default battle speed.  Feel like the difficulty curve was fair, despite some of the random encounters toward the start of the game being slightly annoying.  The final boss kicked my ass a few times though before I got a decent strategy down.

I'm considering playing the original, Earthlock Festival of Magic, just to see where the story differs.  I've also heard that two of the characters were more OP in the original version.  All in all though, this was a decent RPG :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 1:01 AM, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #19. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Depair - 312.50 points

1Lafc179.png

I thoroughly enjoyed this, even though I think it's not as good as the first game.  The plot twists were incredible and I really liked the additions that had been made to the class trials, particularly the logic dives.  Chiaki, Ibuki and Sonia are my favorite characters, although Akane also ranks pretty highly.  I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed School Mode from the first game; Island Mode in this one is alright but I found it harder to be as efficient.  I also seemed to have pretty good luck with Magical Miracle Girl Monomi, I think it took me around 3 hours total to get all of the item drops.  Now I just need to buy Danganronpa 3 :D

Wow, that is a lot of good luck :o . I might need to borrow some for Toukiden :awesome: . Which chapter was your favourite? Mine was chapter 3, even though one of my favourite characters bit the dust.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
Listed the wrong chapter -_-

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Wow, that is a lot of good luck :o . I might need to borrow some for Toukiden :awesome: . Which chapter was your favourite? Mine was chapter 4, even though one of my favourite characters bit the dust.

Chapter 5 was my favorite, just because the class trial was crazy.  Will send some good luck your way for Toukiden :D

• Like 1

Hey all,

@Shana Alter asked me to make a quick post just to let you know it might be a while before there is an official update.

In the meantime, here is a little unofficial update just to see what we've been working on (and to look at all the gorgeous plat images)

@Edunstar84 

Edunstar has been working on some mammoth JRPG's with some shorter games mixed in between to help with any burn out.  Despite taking a small break during September, she is back hard at work again on Rise of the Tomb Raider and I hear whispers of Tales of Zestiria being played soon.

1Scc7f43.png1Sbb9dd8.png1S599d1c.png1S1cc282.png1Sc84207.png1S67184a.png1S8f9cfd.png1S1f42ee.png1S83aec0.png1S84e4ca.png1S118e48.png1Sec9cdf.png1Secd2bf.png1S6b7b1f.png

@Shana Alter

Shana has made a good start on a number of her games and scoring some real nice plats, with Cyberdimension and Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal both taking proud places as milestones.  She has also recently earned the platinum on the new Spider-Man game.

1S9fb48a.png1S6c37d2.png1S1e2bd3.png1S318055.png1S93bde4.png1S77372b.png1S4485b4.png

@Mesopithecus

Mesopithecus has been playing a mixed bag of ezpz and mid-length games, and is currently working on Ultra Despair Girls for the Halloween Event.  She is also enjoying Hollow Knight at the moment but time will tell whether the platinum is within her reach or not.

1S4ebc2e.png1Sb34f02.png1S795a53.png1S3e0cd1.png1S0078eb.png1S78506f.png1S4c35df.png1S111c09.png1S76284b.png1S911b64.png1S1571d6.png1S0022b9.png1S097650.png1S9c4b5d.png1S479edd.png1S80423e.png1S04db45.png1Sa3bfcc.png1S2fd459.png

We're not quite at the halfway point for the event, so there are still plenty of plats to be earned ^_^  I'm sure with our maidens plentiful backlogs and upcoming releases (my wallet is crying already) we will be seeing some amazing plats added to this collection. 

• Like 4