The Platinum Squid Factory

SquidBaronet

Had to erase my last post and start over again, carefully reading Cassylvania's post word for word, and I feel sorry for her/him/them. (Are you a boy or a girl, Cassy??)

And you have a point, I shouldn't be obsessed with gaining platinums all of the time. The only reason I wanted to start over was because the only guideline for my final account would be to have games on it that I enjoyed playing. It's a museum to my favorite games. I enjoyed the stuff Artifex Mundi puts out and wait for them to release a new title because I have found a joy in staring at a screen for hours and cussing silently as I couldn't find that ONE hidden object in ten seconds. How many of you people have played computer games like that? (These titles actually used to be computer games until the company found the popularity so daunting, and yes, the trophies in these games are actual in-game achievements in the original versions!)

I do intend to platinum the games I mentioned, or at the very least finish them. I guess me and Jirard Dragonrider have the same desire to 100% every game and regret doing so in the end, but he warns me not to complete games that are crap. That's why I decided I might trade in my PS Vita, so I can only have PS4 games on my list. RIP Mugen Souls Z.

I had a nightmare when napping that Dragon-Archon and Kent10201 broke into my house and consficated my PS4 and banned me from playing PS4 games ever again. I know that won't happen, but after an incident where some group of crazies threatened to delete my e-mail account if I didn't buy their lifetime anti-hack security, I am getting a bit paranoid. Maybe I should calm down.

I do intend on getting the rest of the Artifex Mundi games and maybe Lara Croft GO(because I enjoyed that title a lot and I do like Lara Croft a bit) but I will try to play and get 100% in other games even if they frustrate me. I did enjoy Yooka-Laylee a lot because I enjoyed the Banjo-Kazooie games(enough to briefly own XBOX 360 to play Nuts and Bolts, yes, I played that craphole of a game).

Edited by SquidBaronet

Reading through this thread makes one thing perfectly clear, CJ doesn't want to listen to anyone of you. You can be polite, you can be rude, it goes in one ear and right out the other.

It's great to see how everyone of you is trying to talk some sense into him in the most civilized way possible and try to help him, because there's clearly something wrong. Nevertheless, if the person doesn't care right now, there's nothing you can do to change that.

Usually I'd say let him do whatever he wants. It's his life, his profile(s), his time and money. But his posts are concerning to say the least. Maybe it's the heated conversation though that got everything out of hand, or he's just trying to troll around. So it might be better for him (and everyone else) to take a break and step away from this thread for a while. Posting here just upsets you and that can be unhealthy too.

Regarding the attacks - @SquidBaronet , you should apologize to @Kent10201 . It's the least you can do. He is one of the nicest persons around here and so is @Mesopithecus . Both have been really supportive on every thread. More than anyone else. There will be a time where you're gonna regret the things you've said, but then it can already be too late.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Regarding the attacks - @SquidBaronet , you should apologize to @Kent10201 . It's the least you can do. He is one of the nicest persons around here and so is @Mesopithecus . Both have been really supportive on every thread. More than anyone else. There will be a time where you're gonna regret the things you've said, but then it can already be too late.

Okay, I will try to honestly apologize and hope for the best. *deep breath* What I say here is what I truly and duly mean. If I end up being a hypocrite, then may lightning destroy my home and kill my parents and force me to live in the basement of my sister Ruth's house and clean up dog poop for the rest of my life. (She just got married to a man who has a Dachshund who has a serious bowel problem and won't poop outside.) I don't type this lightly because I am asking God to be my witness.

To @Kent10201, I read your post and I truly regret what I said before. I didn't actually have a nightmare about you and Dragon-Archon, I was writing a fanfic involving characters that I won't mention and I inserted you two without thinking, and that was mean and insulting to you. I didn't realize you had auto-immunity disease and I put my foot in my mouth without thinking.

(What I am saying in this post is god-forbid honest and I am not just giving a pity play. I will keep saying this until you believe me.)

I am the ultimate loser. I don't make money outside of welfare(a Social Security check I get every month), my parents are paying all of my medical and Internet bills, and they paid a ton for dental surgery since I failed to take care of my teeth. I also am fat because I failed to take care of myself and avoided PE like the plague in elementary so I can't get any job that requires any type of physical activity. It's probably too late for me and I am so lucky I haven't had a heart attack by now. I deserve to be killed because I just dissed everyone who is far worse off than me, and maybe it would be for the best if I just deleted this thread and stopped posting here because everything I say is poison, but let me just state, Kent, that you and Meso have been kind to me and I abused that kindness. I could throw myself at your feet, Kent, but I'm sure you already are so pissed at me you are eager to block me from the forums since I abused your kindness.

I do enjoy checking my trophies on your main site, so I'll still use that, but I won't post in the forums from now on, at least for a month. I'll have to resist hard to not enter the forums because I might get tempted to post, but it's just a sacrifice I have to make. If you want to block me from the forums, that's fine. I'll find another trophy forum and just stay there. Playstationtrophies.org has a nice forum even if it's confusing at times, I love reading their Staff Custom Trophy Lists. Your call, mods. (And yes, I am hoping to be blocked and not allowed to post in the forums anymore because I don't trust myself to avoid being a douche again. :()

4 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

Yes don't visit the forums anymore when people were showing concern and trying to help you that is great move, omega good job!

Well, as Jesaya said, everything you write to me does go through my brain briefly before I vomit it out so, uhm, yeah, it would be best if I just get blocked from the forums so I don't cause flame wars anymore. No more posting in this thread but then again, 80% of the people here are disgusted at me anyways, so I will just have to express my trophy progress in blogs and my Youtube channel via cut-and-paste videos instead. (I'd love to livestream someday but I am still confused about how to Livestream on Twitch. But then if I did, I'd probably start posting trophy roasting videos like Carlohas and roast the trophy lists of everyone here so maybe that's a good thing that I can't. ;))

*leaves the forums and looks for a book club to join, since books can't be called easy junk and I'd have to join groups with real face time instead of typing shit about people and offending them*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 now and I must say I am going to be glad that you can hide your purchases so you have to search for them manually to get them back. I still am fond of Harry Potter(the second book is my favorite in the series as it has the most action in it) but OH MY RISKY BOOTS are the Year 7 and "8" of this game hitting FFXIII levels of linearity! :( (This isn't the game's fault - this is because of the plot of the final Harry Potter book; Harry, Hermione and Ginny are forced to become fugitives after Lord Whats-His-Name takes over the magical world's government and the Death Eaters take over. But I don't have to like it.)

Worse, my game crashed just at the final cutscene of the first level of Year 7, forcing me to go through all of the unskippable cutscenes AGAIN. That's the only caveat I have with LEGO games - you HAVE to watch every cutscene without skipping on story mode! I don't hate the story, but LEGO Harry Potter would have been slightly better with voice acting. ?

On 4/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, Walt the Dog said:

I recommend some DJMax Respect

? NO. Between PaRappa the Rapper and Birth by Sleep's Ice Cream Beat of Doom(which I have started failing again :( Master Mode is much more brutal than ever), I am against rhythm-music games 4EVA. :P I am just not twitchy enough to get the beats.

I have my own (non-violent, mind you!) means of relieving stress. But thanks for the offer.

Edited by SquidBaronet

I finally managed to defeat Zodiark after several tries. I boosted a Dark Matter up to full power by using Knots of Rust and brought him down to low enough to kill him with it before he threw up his Paling. Only Balthier and Penelo survived and now Penelo owns Zodiark. So now I have High Summoner and I went and completed the story for that trophy and got the last technick so now I have 100% Technicks and Magic and am ready to train my butt off to clear the final hunts, defeat Hell Wyrm and get the Sky Pirate's Den full up. Only need Yiazmat, Hell Wyrm, Bag'amman(for the Scrivener, need to find the rest of the monsters) and then finally clear the Trial Mode. I hope the Espers there are not as insanely difficult there.

Okay, just did some World of Final Fantasy today, got to Chapter 15 and ground on Flan Princess for 3 hours and getting nowhere. For some reason it seems that it takes over two fights with Flan Princess to get a level and I don't get much AP from a level up. Ludicrous, why did Square-Enix decide to be so miserly with AP? I'll never get the trophy for mastering a Mirage Board until post-script. :(

Maybe I should just go back to Dream Drop Distance and work on that.

I know I said that I didn't plan on platinums BS games but I had to put down Little Adventures in the Prairie and My Name is Mayo after a comment from @DoctorDrPepper, because what he said made sense. I mean, they deserve to be mocked. Why did PSN decide to give these half-assed games platinums? :P

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

I know I said that I didn't plan on platinums BS games but I had to put down Little Adventures in the Prairie and My Name is Mayo after a comment from @DoctorDrPepper, because what he said made sense. I mean, they deserve to be mocked. Why did PSN decide to give these half-assed games platinums? :P

Moreover, why did you support them? ?

• Like 2

Thanks for the dance party. Loved that credit song seeing Lilikin Emma Kross. ^_^

The second-to-last trophy was Blitzball Ace. I can say that it almost beat out Ice Cream Beat in KHBBS for the worst mini-game ever but I got it after a few more tries. :D Then I found I had missed quite a few chests but someone on PSTrophies.org was kind enough to create a database listing where they all were so I worked backwards and got the rest. Last one was a chest in Mako Reactor 0.

Now I can finally give that game back to GameStop since I promised this would be my last account! Don't get me wrong, the game was fun while it lasted, but I am ready to slip in Ni no Kuni 2.

Hi everyone! i'm new to this site a couple days now, just reading around... @SquidBaronet am curious what your other profile is that has been talked about here, if you don't mind?

Zodiark was only one of a couple monsters i didn't beat in the PS2 version of FF12 *I think it was only him and like 4 or 5 of the last hunt missions :/* Was also my first Final Fantasy game to play/own, only one before that was a Demo from FF8 that came from a Pizza Hut special way back then...

On 4/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, Shana Alter said:

Nobody said you can't play the same games again at worse you had somebody saying you need all AAA games to have a good profile when they had no clue what AAA games are and pointless to get that through to them...

^Could you tell me??

what are Artifex Mundi games? If anything i may end up knowing of a game or something just never hear 'Artifex Mundi' before..

I do hope that i can become friends with you all @Shana Alter @Cassylvania @Kent @Mesopithecus and any i missed? why not we can try with the @SquidBaronet as well? lol 

Also would anyone like to help or make me a sig? no idea how to do one? Maybe even help me make sure i input the trophy card thing i've seen on others?

Edited by coolsnowvil

Nice to see a new face!

9 hours ago, coolsnowvil said:

Also would anyone like to help or make me a sig? no idea how to do one?

It's not that difficult to change your signature. Go to Settings, and then click Signature and you will have the option to make a signature.

However, I don't think I can make you a sig. Your signature is basically you in a bottle and should be unique to you. Asking someone to make a signature for you is completely missing the point, but I understand if you don't have time to brainstomr ideas. What I do is just find a quote from a book I really like and use that under my trophy card. You do you. ;)

what are Artifex Mundi games? If anything i may end up knowing of a game or something just never hear 'Artifex Mundi' before..

Not surprised that many people don't know about this company's titles. It actually is a computer game company and their PS4 titles are basically strict imports from their computer titles so they aren't triple-A titles. Most of their games are point-and-click adventures which are 80% puzzles and hidden-object puzzles. If you are interested, here is a link to their website where you can see everything they have created for PC: Artifex Mundi website.

@SquidBaronet am curious what your other profile is that has been talked about here, if you don't mind?

I don't mind. :D

This is actually my eighth trophy account. I have had eight previous accounts and half of them were just flashes in the pan. My last account was CJ_Mystery which has a lot of great games on the trophy cabinet, including a rare gem in Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which I managed to platinum in a month.

I decided to start over because I wanted to avoid having too many games which I couldn't complete due to my obsession with making every game I play have a platinum on it. Hope that answers your question.

For those of you who accuse me of not taking on a challenging game...

disdone.png

1L68c16d.png

nodood.png

EAT. THAT. :P:platinum::dance:

Though props to GreenZSaber(the guy who is wearing the Prinny shirt in the front of the above screenshot, cut and pasted from his speedrun video during RPG Limit Break 2018's marathon, for providing a very powerful guide. He inspired me to give the game a second chance and I finally did it. :D

Sadly, this is not my 30th platinum, but my 29th, because it was over so quick. I had one easy trophy and though "screw it."

What you need is a beautiful Ultra Rare Platinum to really silence the haters. I recommend Star Ocean 5. You said you were interested in it, in the last KYC thread, and it's got the same difficulty rating as this one. Should be doable. 

Edited by Fidel
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

As of recently, I have become more and more jaded by trophy hunting. Don't get me wrong, I do love playing PS4 games and earning trophies, but my obsession towards getting a 100% clear account is making the experience less fun. There are so many games I have a desire to play but will not because their trophy list is obnoxious and too difficult for me.

Someone I talked with a bit told me that trophy hunting should be fun, and I agree. But unlike everyone else, I have mental conditions that make me obsessed with being a completionist and leaving nothing undone, but also another condition that makes me too lazy to pursue completion. As such, I feel like I am doing the whole thing wrong so I plan on reforming my trophy hunting policies. I won't explain my new policies but suffice it to say they will be designed to play games that I like and keep a 100% account while having a separate account for games I like but will have great difficulty getting 100% on. I won't let anyone know what the new accounts will be called.

As such, I will no longer be updating this thread. I am through earning platinums on this account. I am also going to stop posting on this forum. I'll log on at August 19 to pick up the badges for participating in the Camp Wannalottaplot event, but after that this account will no longer log onto the forums on this account. This will be my last post on these forums. I will still be lurking on the forums reading posts but I'll be logged off. I did enjoy what time I had on these forums but I've oozed a lot of toxic venom (like jellyfish do) and upset a few people so I feel it would better if I just stop posting on this forum, and my gaming desires have changed. Oh, I'll still play Kingdom Hearts III and I have pre-ordered the Spyro Reignited trilogy, but for the most part, I am no longer enjoying playing PS4 games. The only reason I don't sell my PS4 and just stick with Nintendo Switch is because I do enjoy some of the PS4 titles like Ni no Kuni 2 and World of Final Fantasy and do enjoy earning 100% on them. It is just that I am glutting myself on LEGO games and other stuff. I have stopped playing Artifex Mundi games even though Eventide 3 is now coming out, and even though I am platinuming four LEGO games on my newest account, I am not enjoying the experience. I don't think I will play the new LEGO games(LEGO Incredibles and LEGO DC Super Villains). :(

It's been fun while it lasted, guys. I wish all of you younger folks(I am 45 years old as of this post) luck and enjoyment in platinuming your games and will continue reading your amazing updates into 2019 and beyond. ;)