Eurovision Song Contest Giveaway (PSN Codes)

eigen-space

@DynaVita, @Kishnabe - you have been added.

---------------

Entry is now closed! If you have responded to this topic before this post, you should be entered. Please let me know if you don't see your name on the list. 

Users that did not have 20 posts at time of entry but have since met the threshold: @HelsingsV, @GunnerZeus

Users that do not have 20 posts and are being removed: @Jaina_Yossy, @TheNocturnalOwl, @ryuzoBR

---------------

First semi-finals are underway in 2.5 hours. Check out this link on how to watch it:
https://eurovision.tv/story/first-semi-final-eurovision-2018-all-you-need-to-know

Congratulations guys!

(Seriously, Israel won? In my opinion, it didn't deserve the first place at all... Plus, Portugal in last? Come on, seriously... We're back at the usual already... We had such an underrated song in my opinion)

9 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Congratulations guys!

(Seriously, Israel won? In my opinion, it didn't deserve the first place at all... Plus, Portugal in last? Come on, seriously... We're back at the usual already... We had such an underrated song in my opinion)

Isn't it an unwritten rule that whoever wins, scores low next year? Also, yeah Israel's song was less than meh imo.

53 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Isn't it an unwritten rule that whoever wins, scores low next year? Also, yeah Israel's song was less than meh imo.

Isreal and Luxembourg managed to win twice in a row, even though they chose to not host the Eurovision for the second time, due to the obvious expenses for organizing the festival. (Yeah, now imagine a poor country like Portugal organizing such a thing... Still, the amount of tourist was too damn high!). Yeah, the scoring system feels a little doubtful most of the times... I did not watch Eurovision this year (I went to a concert on the same day), but I heard some strange things really happenned, like Russia not getting to the finals. (And even stuff that happenned before during the Portuguese Eurovision Contest before deciding who was going to represent us) Everybody talks about interests and stuff when it comes to voting... I don't disbelieve that.

Edited by Caju_94

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

but I heard some strange things really happenned, like Russia not getting to the finals. (And even stuff that happenned before during the Portuguese Eurovision Contest before deciding who was going to represent us) Everybody talks about interests and stuff when it comes to voting... I don't disbelieve that.

This year was actually one of the most interesting years imo because a lot of "sure qualifiers" like Russia, Romania, Armenia, and Azerbaijan didn't make it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Azerbaijan and Romania didn't get into the final. This year just had a lot of really, really good songs, especially the first semi final. Almost any song this year was good enough to get in the final-- and it was interesting that all the auto-quals actually had good songs this year (so sad for Portugal's low score... I actually really like that song live).

I'm glad Russia stayed in the semi-final. Nearly the entire song was off-key and there were points where Julia was supposed to be singing, but the camera panned to her not even moving her mouth. Her backing vocalists were doing a majority of the work, at least in the chorus (did seem like see was singing the verses without much help). It was a rather sad act overall.

The only thing I was particularly mad about was Australia making it to the final. Jessica's entire performance was a trainwreck... from the vocals to the staging to her dancing. She definitely did much better in the grand final, but she really shouldn't have made it out of the semi. I was pretty much in shock as she's supposed to be a big deal in Australia... and I really liked the studio cut of the song.

Israel.... I've never been a fan of that song. But her vocals were one of the strongest of the night. And her act brought so much energy. And she actually did something interesting and fresh. So while it isn't my top pick, and I probably won't listen to it again, I'm not totally mad about it.

There's always so much political bias and it's easy to see with places like Scandinavia and the Balkans voting for each other. Don't get me wrong, Eurovision is good fun but when it comes to voting it's not really a music competition at all. I actually didn't get to watch it this year but I'd be very surprised if the above wasn't true this year. I also don't really know what to say about the winning song.. is this what people like these days?

Edited by Zolkovo