It's been 10 years. Damn

Phoenixgaming1

I have good memories of this game from just the scenery and to how alive Liberty City felt was to just messing around. I only wish the game had a mission replay, since I really liked the story and how Niko was kind of a deconstruction of the previous GTA protagonists. It could just be nostalgia but GTA IV hit all the right notes more than V did for me and I'm glad I got to play it. It also had top-tier radio stations.

Spoiler

vo55KJk.gif

As far as a remaster, as cool as it would be I doubt it would be a thing. I also feel like if they did do a remaster they would change or remove a bunch of songs for licensing reasons like they recently did.

Crazy that it's been out for 10 years now. Time sure does fly...

Although I didn't play much of GTA IV, I would like to, at least, go through the story. I hear that it's one of the best stories in the GTA universe and I feel bad for never finishing it. The platinum trophy from what I've read is pretty difficult, so I think a simple playthrough is warranted at the very least. Maybe one day...

after going back and replaying this game, I have to say its one of my favorite gta games. Everything felt so alive, from the city to the way the characters would react to one another. I really hope rockstar does ports this over to ps4

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

10 years is crazy. I remember the day I bought the game and how I was fascinated by it for like a week. Until I realized that I only liked the graphics but had more fun with San Andreas and Vice City. Nevertheless it was an important game.

One of the first games I played on PS3 in 2010. I have even though about revisiting it and try to get some more of the trophies. When I first played it I didn't know anything about trophies, so obviously I didn't care about them. I used cheats to play through the whole story and kind of regret it. I only need the wanted trophy in online but I mainly want to get some of the story trophies since I got none when I first played it.

7 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

It's funny, you see more and more people getting the platinum. 

Most of them did it over 8 or 9 years. 

Took me about 7 years mainly because of the online component. Jan 2010- Nov 2017. Quite a large gap. 

• Like 1

On 25.5.2018 at 1:01 PM, Konoe said:

Took me about 7 years mainly because of the online component. Jan 2010- Nov 2017. Quite a large gap. 

I got the Multiplayer done last year also. 

Still need to do the 100% but I'm currently busy with other games.

10 years, time certainly flies. Can still remember the hype around it at school and lunchtimes spend at a mate's place crashing cars to watch Niko go flying through the windscreen.

Would be cool if Rockstar remade it.