Error code NP-32091-5

KamakuraHero

On 28/05/2020 at 1:05 PM, Sombroff said:

Delete your ps4 profile doesn’t means you will have to download again all your games. I believe you will just lost your saves and pictures. You may also lost all your custom directories (if you had), which could be a little messy afterward if you have a lot of games, but nothing should needs to be downloaded again.

You can copy on usb stick (or external usb hard disk) all your save datas at once, no need to copy them 1 by 1. If your device is usb3 it’s very fast. Same for saving all your games pictures. Then, if you need, you just have to copy all those data’s back to your ps4 after create again your main profile on the ps4.

Do all the saved data’s need to be copied to a USB or can it be sent to the online storage? 

On 28/05/2020 at 1:46 PM, Evers_cl said:

If you dont Fix that error, you cant sinc your trophies. Backup your safe files photos etc and then delete your profile from the console.

Do I need to do anything with the “primary console” option thing? 

I have the same problem since I own a Playstation 5. Most of the time, it first logs me out of my account when I start a game on my Playstation 4. Then sometimes I can't play online and I have to log out and in again first before I can play online.

The worst part is that I have problems with my trophies on the PS 4. The last Ratalaika game was platinumed but it didn't show the trophies in my list. Then I deleted the game save and played the game again and I received the trophies a second time!!!!!! With a few exceptions. So I played the PS 4 version on my PS 5 and the trophies for the same game popped up a third time!!!! I had the same problem in Grass Cutter. I think I will platinum my Playstation 4 games on my ps 5 in the future, because these problems do not exist there. I didn't have these problems until I got my PS5.

On 16.4.2021 at 5:32 AM, thommy said:

Do I need to do anything with the “primary console” option thing? 

I tested it, it didn't help.

Edited by Sikutai

On 30.4.2018 at 10:19 PM, angelgrievous said:

Here, give this a read.  It might help:  HELP!!!!

Thank you for the Link.

Rebuilding database didn't work for me but after I initialised my Console (The short Initialising, not the many hours long one) it seems normal, now I can sync my Trophies manually. That didn't worked before. I lost all my Trophy photos, because it is not possible to reinstall it on your PS 4, and I have to download my games again, but that's okay for me (I hope it's okay for my Internet Service provider too). The Save Games from the Cloud are safe.

I hope I'll never experience this Error-Code again.

Not initializing the console but only the main account would probably have been enough. Well, afterwards you are always smarter.

Edited by Sikutai

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just a little update on this thread: be careful with this error code, maybe you will still earn trophies, but will corrupt some timestamps, not sure it's flaggable or not though

anyway me from now on each time i will have this error code i will directly backup my saves&pictures and delete/recreate my profile without hesitation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I encountered this problem yesterday and thought it was the game I was playing at the time as I wasn't aware of this error. I basically downloaded and installed a couple of games, My name is Mayo 2 and Candy Break Halloween head to head, and had Killing Floor 2 downloading in the background. I got the plat on My name is mayo 2 no problems, sync'd trophies, backed up my save and deleted the game. I then played Candy Break and when I launched the game it came up with a blue screen and something about a problem and being signed out with error code np-32091-5. I logged back in and launched the game again and it was fine, although I noticed some trophies didn't pop when I met the requirements. I closed the game and re-launched it and had the error and repeated the above. Now some trophies popped when I met the requirements again, but not all. So I quit the game and deleted my save and repeated the above. I had to delete my save file twice in order to get the game to pop the remaining trophies. Annoying as a 30min Plat game took about 2 or so hours, and the trophies didn't pop in the correct order. e.g. not getting the trophy for beating the cpu once but getting ones that required a few games played. I sync'd the trophies and deleted Candy Break. I launched Killing Floor 2 and again I got np-32091-5 error code. Now I started getting concerned, as I already had Plat and 98% completion on Killing Floor 2, so I knew the game hadn't caused any issues in the past. I continued to play KF2 and got the latest collectibles trophy bringing me back to 100% on the game, sync'd and deleted. I then spoke to my friend and read up about this error code. As suggested, I launched a few new games to create a 0% trophy list but the problem was they didn't create a new list and only 1 showed up when looking at trophies via the shortcut menu. I then rebuilt the database by choosing option 5 in safe mode and afterwards renewed my licenses from the account management menu. So far I've had no game launch issues and a 0% trophy list was created, it did however throw up a different error code when I tried to delete the trophy list. If the problem persists I will just have to delete my profile, thankfully all saves are in the cloud so shouldn't be a issue. Hope this is of help to anyone.

Edit - Still had the problem so made sure all save files were uploaded to ps cloud and then created new profile and deleted the corrupt one. Signed in on new one. Some games showed a padlock so renewed licenses to fix. Deleting the 0% trophy list now works. So far so good.

Edited by sithknight666
Update

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have same problem. Now days i'm not so eager to get all trophies, more like play for fun. So couple trophies that's not popping isn't worlds end for me.  Thing is I finally bought ps 5, that should arrive next week. So the question is, should I make new account or continue with this one? So is this error on my account or on my ps4 only? 

21 minutes ago, kontommi said:

Hello, I have same problem. Now days i'm not so eager to get all trophies, more like play for fun. So couple trophies that's not popping isn't worlds end for me.  Thing is I finally bought ps 5, that should arrive next week. So the question is, should I make new account or continue with this one? So is this error on my account or on my ps4 only? 

It's usually related to corrupted user profile on console. This article might help. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

again i will have to delete my user one more time, it's extremely annoying to backup all saves as ps4 is too slow, man i hate it so stressful...especially when trophies start crashing and don't pop properly smh .  ..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I now also get this stupid error.

I'm just going to wait until there is a better solution to fixing this, and or Sony actually does something about this.

Life is stressful enough without having to set the account up again, and I've come so far with my Trophy/Trophy pictures collection.

I started following this in case someone finds a better, easier way to fix this in the future.

What I've tried and has failed:

Database Rebuild.

7 minutes ago, Mike_here_TV said:

I now also get this stupid error.

I'm just going to wait until there is a better solution to fixing this, and or Sony actually does something about this.

Life is stressful enough without having to set the account up again, and I've come so far with my Trophy/Trophy pictures collection.

I started following this in case someone finds a better, easier way to fix this in the future.

What I've tried and has failed:

Database Rebuild.

Considering this has been an issue for several years, and Sony is now primarily focusing on the PS5, you'll likely be waiting forever. It could be something Sony simply couldn't really fix simply, or didn't care enough to given that it's not an extremely common (or persistent) issue, and a relatively easy (but annoying) one to fix.

You can back up your trophy screenshots to a USB stick. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get them re-associated with your trophies, as I'm sure you're already aware, but at least you don't have to lose them completely.

If you haven't already, try deleting a trophy list you have 0% in, you can download a free game with trophies from the store if you need to. That's worked for some people, but it seems very hit and miss.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Considering this has been an issue for several years, and Sony is now primarily focusing on the PS5, you'll likely be waiting forever. It could be something Sony simply couldn't really fix simply, or didn't care enough to given that it's not an extremely common (or persistent) issue, and a relatively easy (but annoying) one to fix.

You can back up your trophy screenshots to a USB stick. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get them re-associated with your trophies, as I'm sure you're already aware, but at least you don't have to lose them completely.

If you haven't already, try deleting a trophy list you have 0% in, you can download a free game with trophies from the store if you need to. That's worked for some people, but it seems very hit and miss.

Thank you for the reply.

Sadly, I am one of the unlucky ones still trying to get a PlayStation 5.

I tried deleting Sonic Origins that has 0%, but I end up with another error code: (NP-32098-2)

13 minutes ago, Mike_here_TV said:

Thank you for the reply.

Sadly, I am one of the unlucky ones still trying to get a PlayStation 5.

I tried deleting Sonic Origins that has 0%, but I end up with another error code: (NP-32098-2)

Unfortunately, your only likely option then is to delete your profile and re-create it. I don't know if anyone has already posted about the process of this, but here's the general gist:

1. Back up your save data, screenshots and videos that you want to keep. You can back up your saves to the cloud if you have PS+, or to a USB stick. Screenshots and videos will need to be backed up to a USB stick.
  2. Once you're ready, log out of your account. Select the option to create a new account. Skip logging into PSN. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > LOGIN SETTINGS > USER MANAGEMENT > DELETE USER. (Make sure you have all your backups done before proceeding). Select your main account and delete it. Log out of the PS4 again.
  3. Select the option to create a new account. This time however, log in with your main account. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > RESTORE LICENCES, just to be on the safe side. You might also want to check the ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4 option in the menu above RESTORE LICENCES, but that shouldn't have been changed by deleting your profile. It's at this point you're pretty much done fixing the issue, and can proceed to restore your saves, etc.

It can take a while depending on how many saves and screenshots/videos you have. You will also lose any folders you've made, and some system settings will return to default, so I suggest going through them all again to make sure they're how you want them. You won't lose any installed games. I can't remember if you lose your installed themes or not, I don't think you do, but you'll need to reset your theme if you had one once you've re-created your profile. You'll likely also be bombarded with notifications for a while about how to do basic stuff, as your console is basically being soft factory reset, but the trophy issue should be fixed at least.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Unfortunately, your only likely option then is to delete your profile and re-create it. I don't know if anyone has already posted about the process of this, but here's the general gist:

1. Back up your save data, screenshots and videos that you want to keep. You can back up your saves to the cloud if you have PS+, or to a USB stick. Screenshots and videos will need to be backed up to a USB stick.
  2. Once you're ready, log out of your account. Select the option to create a new account. Skip logging into PSN. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > LOGIN SETTINGS > USER MANAGEMENT > DELETE USER. (Make sure you have all your backups done before proceeding). Select your main account and delete it. Log out of the PS4 again.
  3. Select the option to create a new account. This time however, log in with your main account. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > RESTORE LICENCES, just to be on the safe side. You might also want to check the ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4 option in the menu above RESTORE LICENCES, but that shouldn't have been changed by deleting your profile. It's at this point you're pretty much done fixing the issue, and can proceed to restore your saves, etc.

It can take a while depending on how many saves and screenshots/videos you have. You will also lose any folders you've made, and some system settings will return to default, so I suggest going through them all again to make sure they're how you want them. You won't lose any installed games. I can't remember if you lose your installed themes or not, I don't think you do, but you'll need to reset your theme if you had one once you've re-created your profile. You'll likely also be bombarded with notifications for a while about how to do basic stuff, as your console is basically being soft factory reset, but the trophy issue should be fixed at least.

Thank you very much for the help!

I tend to struggle if the step by step is complicated to follow, but yours is easy to follow.

What I may do, is give it another week or so to see if it fixes itself. I checked my old comments about errors, and I've had the error: (NP-32098-2), before, when I played a game that only got released about a day ago, and that fixed itself. I may check all the recently purchased games to see if I can fix it that way, which may also help to fix the main error. If not, then I will get to work on deleting my profile and re-create it.

• Like 1

*Update.*

I still get the Error message, BUT, it is not as aggressive as it was when it first started.

I normally now only get one error when starting up a game. After re-logging in, the Trophies unlock properly.

I do however need to log out then log back in for the Trophies to show on the list and the Total bar.

Syncing to the PlayStation Network still doesn't work, but I can work with this.

Also, this has only just happened today (for the first time), but after I installed a new easy Trophy game, I got no errors, the Trophies came up properly, and it registered to the Trophy list without me having to log out and log back in. Syncing to the PlayStation Network, however, still stays at 0%. But this is manageable.

45 minutes ago, Meowcall said:

I do however need to log out then log back in for the Trophies to show on the list and the Total bar.

Syncing to the PlayStation Network still doesn't work

Excuse me

...if you aren't able to sync your obtained trophies with PSN, what's the point of obtaining them in the first place? :hmm:

13 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Excuse me

...if you aren't able to sync your obtained trophies with PSN, what's the point of obtaining them in the first place? :hmm:

I think they mean manually syncing - as in going to the trophies list and telling it to sync with PSN. Looking at their profile, the trophies are syncing though - as they sync upon unlocking these days.

Back when I had this issue, auto-sync, as you unlocked them, wasn't a thing, so once you got this issue you HAD to backup and delete your profile, otherwise, you couldn't sync any unlocked trophies.

On a side note, to the person having the issue - even though it sounds very much like a corrupted profile, it could also be that you've unlocked trophies in a game that isn't yet on PSN (for some reason). That can also throw an error when trying to sync manually. The way to check that is to go offline and then look at your trophy list - it'll only show the ones on your console and not online. If you see a game on there which isn't on your online profile, the dev hasn't turned on the trophies!

Similarly, it could be a corrupt trophy list. Do the same thing - go offline - and look at your trophies. Delete all the 0% lists. If you're lucky, one of those may be the culprit that's causing the issue (usually because it's not copied the trophy list over correctly).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, turniplord said:

I think they mean manually syncing - as in going to the trophies list and telling it to sync with PSN. Looking at their profile, the trophies are syncing though - as they sync upon unlocking these days.

Back when I had this issue, auto-sync, as you unlocked them, wasn't a thing, so once you got this issue you HAD to backup and delete your profile, otherwise, you couldn't sync any unlocked trophies.

On a side note, to the person having the issue - even though it sounds very much like a corrupted profile, it could also be that you've unlocked trophies in a game that isn't yet on PSN (for some reason). That can also throw an error when trying to sync manually. The way to check that is to go offline and then look at your trophy list - it'll only show the ones on your console and not online. If you see a game on there which isn't on your online profile, the dev hasn't turned on the trophies!

Similarly, it could be a corrupt trophy list. Do the same thing - go offline - and look at your trophies. Delete all the 0% lists. If you're lucky, one of those may be the culprit that's causing the issue (usually because it's not copied the trophy list over correctly).

Ah, thank you for the information, Lord! I didn't know that was a thing, I'll have a look.

And, my Trophies do indeed unlock, Zizi, they just don't sync properly.

Edit: Tried checking them appearing offline, but it's the same.

And without internet, but the error shows if I try to view them.

Edited by Meowcall
New information.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi! I've just got this wonderful piece of error code. I did the reading, TONS of reading, currently backing up my saves and stuff. The only thing is bugging me, how can I guess which game caused the mess? Because yet no trophy problems, everything unlocked perfect. My only issue is that everytime I start a game first time, it crashes and froce log out with 32091-5. And manual sync is not working either but again, I cannot see any "funny" trophy-thing, and I have quite an OCD with trophy hunting so I frequently refresh them here on PSNProfiles.

My only guess is Lawn Mowing Simulator because that was the first time I got 32091-5. But I have 27 trophies in that game with no issues, and as far as I can check I don't see any 0% games. Still, I do the reset because I don't want any future problems and the info with the flagged corrupt profiles scared the hell out of me. Q.Q'