Error code NP-32091-5

KamakuraHero

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

my problem seems almost exact to this. i actually noticed maybe a few weeks ago my playstation 4 wouldnt sync when i i manually did it, but all trophies were loading and working fine.

i downloaded a bunch of cheap "jumping" games to kill time for the day. i was having problems with all of them. the trophies wouldnt pop then the game would crash not counting the trophies but saving the progress. i didnt know what was happening. i deleted game and reinstalled but the crashing seems random. i had to delete the saves to go back and re earn the trophies. these are quick 2 minute games luckily not something thats under 1% rare. i thought it was the games themselves and developer since they are cheap games. but once i got done i moved on to lego harry potter. which seems to every other time crash on me on startup and kick me to this code. now im getting worried about this error. when i  try to manually sync, it wont. but my trophies are popping. im just having mainly the startup crash. but i want this fixed. i dont want glitched trophies and time stamps

so from what im reading i guess everyone is saying delete your profile? is that a sure fix?

so i back up all my saves, videos, screenshots, to a usb and then do these steps below and it should fix it? (ps rebuild database didnt work)

also do you have to delete all profiles or just the main one, not sure if its doing it on my alts or if my alts impact my main. although i dont care about my alts

How to Delete a PS4 User Account
  1. Open Settings from the main menu of the console.
  2. In Settings, scroll down and select the option that says Login Settings. ...
  3. Select User Management on the screen that follows.
  4. Choose Delete User.
  5. Select the account you want to get rid of from the list.

You only have to nuke the profile that's glitched - the others are fine where they are :).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

my problem seems almost exact to this. i actually noticed maybe a few weeks ago my playstation 4 wouldnt sync when i i manually did it, but all trophies were loading and working fine.

i downloaded a bunch of cheap "jumping" games to kill time for the day. i was having problems with all of them. the trophies wouldnt pop then the game would crash not counting the trophies but saving the progress. i didnt know what was happening. i deleted game and reinstalled but the crashing seems random. i had to delete the saves to go back and re earn the trophies. these are quick 2 minute games luckily not something thats under 1% rare. i thought it was the games themselves and developer since they are cheap games. but once i got done i moved on to lego harry potter. which seems to every other time crash on me on startup and kick me to this code. now im getting worried about this error. when i  try to manually sync, it wont. but my trophies are popping. im just having mainly the startup crash. but i want this fixed. i dont want glitched trophies and time stamps

so from what im reading i guess everyone is saying delete your profile? is that a sure fix?

so i back up all my saves, videos, screenshots, to a usb and then do these steps below and it should fix it? (ps rebuild database didnt work)

also do you have to delete all profiles or just the main one, not sure if its doing it on my alts or if my alts impact my main. although i dont care about my alts

How to Delete a PS4 User Account
  1. Open Settings from the main menu of the console.
  2. In Settings, scroll down and select the option that says Login Settings. ...
  3. Select User Management on the screen that follows.
  4. Choose Delete User.
  5. Select the account you want to get rid of from the list.

Basically this is correct.

The only thing I forgot to do was to backup my capture gallery, but I had all the saves backed up luckily. The games you have installed will all still be there, just need to redownload all the saves.

The only annoying thing is that your system will bring up those "help" messages from time to time, like "did you know you can trim videos in capture gallery" or "did you know you can add friends to a custom list" etc. After the initial annoyances, you'll be as good as new with no issues!

• Like 3

thanks everyone. i backed up all my captures, screenshots and saves last night. oddly at the same time one of my laptops died to. so i was backing both things up like a juvenille song. i only did a quick startup test but the trophies synced with no error and so far game started up with no error. what a weird bug this is. ill leave more info if anything else happens (or keeps happening i should say)

• 3 months later...

Last week I was given a flag because of a game, which I didn't try to break (use any cheats). I tried to present reasonable arguments to prove my innocence to the community. So I had to hide the game. link
Today I encountered a problem which is connected to my first flag and I didn't attach any importance to this, since a long time has passed.
Now to the point.
I play PS4 slim - I bought a new game, run it and the game crushed with an error. I run it again and started to gain trophies, but in 5 minutes the game crushed again. I restarted my PS and continued to play. I didn't receive a trophy which I supposed to get but got other trophies which are correspond to the game flow logic.
According to everything above I assume that in some time I'll be given a second flag. What I supposed to do to solve that kind of issues? Where should I search for a justice? Do I have to hide a game again?

https://ibb.co/Fm53Vwc
https://ibb.co/LgYC5Fz
https://ibb.co/SQjpBVF
https://ibb.co/3MJnd46
https://ibb.co/HFsLKRz

I had this problem last year, twice. I had to completely format the console. But now there is a new problem: they will accuse me of being a cheater because of trophies

11 hours ago, RubberNet said:

Last week I was given a flag because of a game, which I didn't try to break (use any cheats). I tried to present reasonable arguments to prove my innocence to the community. So I had to hide the game. link
Today I encountered a problem which is connected to my first flag and I didn't attach any importance to this, since a long time has passed.
Now to the point.
I play PS4 slim - I bought a new game, run it and the game crushed with an error. I run it again and started to gain trophies, but in 5 minutes the game crushed again. I restarted my PS and continued to play. I didn't receive a trophy which I supposed to get but got other trophies which are correspond to the game flow logic.
According to everything above I assume that in some time I'll be given a second flag. What I supposed to do to solve that kind of issues? Where should I search for a justice? Do I have to hide a game again?

https://ibb.co/Fm53Vwc
https://ibb.co/LgYC5Fz
https://ibb.co/SQjpBVF
https://ibb.co/3MJnd46
https://ibb.co/HFsLKRz

I had this problem last year, twice. I had to completely format the console. But now there is a new problem: they will accuse me of being a cheater because of trophies

You have to nuke your profile, then recreate it to fix this problem but backup your saves first, else you will lose the lot when your profile comes back. Also, delete the saves for the affected game before you backup all the others, else you will be flagged for the subsequent auto-pop.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 12:37 PM, HuntingFever said:

You have to nuke your profile, then recreate it to fix this problem but backup your saves first, else you will lose the lot when your profile comes back. Also, delete the saves for the affected game before you backup all the others, else you will be flagged for the subsequent auto-pop.

Factory reset helped me

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That wasn't needed, you could of avoided all of the hassle of having to reinstall everything from scratch, by just using the "Delete Profile" option in the Account Management menu, then recreating your profile.

I did this in December 2021 +  2022 January and July, the problem came again

• 1 month later...

Got this error code for the 7th time this morning, trophies were popping in correct order on the screen, but are out of sync on my trophy list. Then they stopped popping at all.

So I deleted my profile for the 7th time... :facepalm: and forgot to backup my saves first, lol 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 3:53 PM, RubberNet said:

I did this in December 2021 +  2022 January and July, the problem came again

12 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Got this error code for the 7th time this morning, trophies were popping in correct order on the screen, but are out of sync on my trophy list. Then they stopped popping at all.

So I deleted my profile for the 7th time... :facepalm: and forgot to backup my saves first, lol 

If it happens again and again in a short time span, you should consider replacing your PS4 harddrive.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:45 AM, MidnightDragon said:

I know the code would be different, but does this happen on PS5?

Haven't seen anyone experience it on PSNP.

Edited by zizimonster

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 3:15 AM, zizimonster said:

If it happens again and again in a short time span, you should consider replacing your PS4 harddrive.

Haven't seen anyone experience it on PSNP.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:55 AM, damage_6-9 said:

@zizimonster it has been occurring intermittently since 2018, last time was 5 months ago. Have 2tb internal & 4tb external, think it's mainly due to sheer volume of games I have installed.

I changed both the disk (external and internal) and reset the operating system - I think this is a Sony problem

I think with a lot of games on the console and a lot of information from the games - no comments its Sony ...

3 months no problems - changed the disk and external disk and reloaded the operating system

signs:

- synchronization with error

- game error (automatic exit)

- some trophies do not fall out

PS: Be careful - you will be removed from the list 😔

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

my PS4 trophy profile is broken again =((

Cannot sync trophies with PlayStation Network.
(NP-32091-5)

(NP-32430-2)

An error has occurred.
(NP-32430-2)

Maxim F will be logged out of the PS4 because an error has occurred.
(NP-32091-5)

When will Sony fix this? 🥲

52 minutes ago, RubberNet said:

(NP-32091-5)

(NP-32430-2)

An error has occurred.
(NP-32430-2)

(NP-32091-5)

Not likely since PS5 is the main system now. Rebuild database. If it doesn’t work, have to erase and restore your profile again. And you may have to replace your hard drive. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RubberNet said:

(NP-32091-5)

(NP-32430-2)

An error has occurred.
(NP-32430-2)

I experienced a similar issue regarding not being able to sync trophies with PSN but on PS4 in 2022. And I can assure you that's because my internet connection was acting up at the time - it was actually a DNS problem.

Changing the DNS resolvers might or might not work, but you could always try.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RubberNet said:

(NP-32091-5)

(NP-32430-2)

An error has occurred.
(NP-32430-2)

(NP-32091-5)

When I had NP-32091-5 I had to delete my profile and recreate it. It was the only way to fix the problem. That was over a year and a half ago, haven't had any issues since. Just make sure you back up all your saves and capture gallery stuff first.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 1:55 AM, damage_6-9 said:

@zizimonster it has been occurring intermittently since 2018, last time was 5 months ago. Have 2tb internal & 4tb external, think it's mainly due to sheer volume of games I have installed.

18 hours ago, RubberNet said:

(NP-32091-5)

(NP-32430-2)

An error has occurred.
(NP-32430-2)

(NP-32091-5)

Do you tend to keep your PS4s in rest mode often? I used to have quite a few issues that'd start presenting themselves when I kept my PS4 eternally in rest, including a few where I had to rebuild the database to fix them since a simple restart didn't resolve it (e.g. stuff like my and/or other people's profiles not loading, store not loading, etc.) Ever since I started shutting down my PS4 at least 1-2 times every month, I've had next to no issues like this, and thankfully the NP-32091-5 error hasn't reoccurred for me at any point since 2019, which is the only time I've experienced the issue so far.

If that isn't the case though, it could indeed be because of the number of games you have installed, or your HDDs possibly failing (though I imagine you'd be running into other issues if that were the case), or it could just be bad luck.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 5:10 AM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Do you tend to keep your PS4s in rest mode often? I used to have quite a few issues that'd start presenting themselves when I kept my PS4 eternally in rest, including a few where I had to rebuild the database to fix them since a simple restart didn't resolve it (e.g. stuff like my and/or other people's profiles not loading, store not loading, etc.) Ever since I started shutting down my PS4 at least 1-2 times every month, I've had next to no issues like this, and thankfully the NP-32091-5 error hasn't reoccurred for me at any point since 2019, which is the only time I've experienced the issue so far.

If that isn't the case though, it could indeed be because of the number of games you have installed, or your HDDs possibly failing (though I imagine you'd be running into other issues if that were the case), or it could just be bad luck.

thanks