To buy or not to buy? My First Impressions video of this game.

cronocyde

18 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Depending on the price, I'm looking to pick this up this Friday. Finishing up a backlog game first (Yooka Laylee, it's not fun, only a collectathon) but this looks like it be my next game.

I highly suggest that you try this game dude. Seems like a reasonable platinum too as far as I know. A little bit of grinding, but that's like the core of the game anyway. Let me know if you have any questions and sorry for the late response! ?

47 minutes ago, RangyRV said:

The game cover already made me wanna buy this game lol. But I do enjoy games like this.

Really proud of that thumbnail too, I think it looks good ? Thanks for the feedback man, let me know if you buy the game or not! ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive played 2 hours and i cant even do the first wave , the price is definitely good in my opinion but dont be expecting that platinum , psnprofiles is kinda lying because it gives the impression its an easy platinum with 74 platinum owners already out of 250 or there abouts , the difficulty is a 10\10 i would say due to arcade mode , i always say twin stick shooters and platformers make the hardest platinums so guess this game proves im right

• Like 1

9 hours ago, InDebt3Fiddy said:

ive played 2 hours and i cant even do the first wave , the price is definitely good in my opinion but dont be expecting that platinum , psnprofiles is kinda lying because it gives the impression its an easy platinum with 74 platinum owners already out of 250 or there abouts , the difficulty is a 10\10 i would say due to arcade mode , i always say twin stick shooters and platformers make the hardest platinums so guess this game proves im right

I really thought it was an easy plat, thanks for letting me know dude! Really dig the game so far, seems more a grindy platinum than anything else though.

ive done the first 2 waves now so a little progress lol , yeah the game is definitely grindy for sure but i dont mind that to be honest , how does arcade mode work? i know it says 1 sitting but if you die on wave 2 do you go back to wave 1 or carry on from 2 because doing the whole game in 3 lives sounds impossible to me at least

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, InDebt3Fiddy said:

ive done the first 2 waves now so a little progress lol , yeah the game is definitely grindy for sure but i dont mind that to be honest , how does arcade mode work? i know it says 1 sitting but if you die on wave 2 do you go back to wave 1 or carry on from 2 because doing the whole game in 3 lives sounds impossible to me at least

You start on wave one, but you still get health drops and powerup drops and can use whatever character you want. Just leave it and do it last. 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2018 at 1:07 AM, InDebt3Fiddy said:

What @Gage said ?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

Well 7,49 € for two good plats (Vita/PS4) time to buy for me 1f606.png

Exactly! Not too hard platinums and quite enjoyable actually! 2 times in a row though? You're a legend! ?

Edited by cronocyde
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

It's a an extremely easy platinum. Once you get last character, she has god mode abilities to make arcade a cakewalk.

That's good to hear! I still need to get back to it and live stream the game on my channel. How much time to platinum in your opinion? Any tricky stuff I should be aware of?

3 minutes ago, cronocyde said:

That's good to hear! I still need to get back to it and live stream the game on my channel. How much time to platinum in your opinion? Any tricky stuff I should be aware of?

Takes about 6-8 hours I'd say. Difficulty is no more than a 3/10. Nothing is tricky but you need to grind out a hell a lot of gold with the magnet character. My best recommendation is to use level 4 for this. Grinding takes up the vast majority of the time during the platinum run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Takes about 6-8 hours I'd say. Difficulty is no more than a 3/10. Nothing is tricky but you need to grind out a hell a lot of gold with the magnet character. My best recommendation is to use level 4 for this. Grinding takes up the vast majority of the time during the platinum run.

What do you mean "use level 4" for this? In terms of abilities or characters? It's been a while ?

10 minutes ago, cronocyde said:

What do you mean "use level 4" for this? In terms of abilities or characters? It's been a while 1f642.png

No, I mean play on stage 4. And use the magnet character, rinse n repeat to upgrade everything and buy all characters necessary.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

No, I mean play on stage 4. And use the magnet character, rinse n repeat to upgrade everything and buy all characters necessary.

Oh I see, sorry I'm dumb sometimes ? Yeah that make sense, hope to have you on the live stream actually, you would be a great help dude! ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just wanted to thank you for doing those "To buy or not to buy"-posts. They surely help to raise awareness for some really enjoyable games. Riddled Corpses EX is the second one for me, with The Adventure Pals being the first one. Wish you good luck for your future videos! :) 

I really appreciate the feedback my friend, that literally made my day! I'm never sure if I should post these or not because I'm never sure if they're annoying to some people. Especially in this case due to the fact that it's a long live stream, I was not sure if I should post it or not.

For example, I did a first impressions video for the Demo of Detroit and I didn't post it on here because the game already had a lot of exposure and a lot of topics. For smaller games that don't have any topics, I'm trying to bring more exposure to the game, especially if I get the game earlier because that might actually help people to buy the game or not based on the videos.

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time to respond, it really means a lot! Have a good day! ?

• Like 2