World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

7 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Good start by sweden! after zlatan absence the team seems better, less independent

That was such a good goal, possibly goal of the tournament for me. That first touch and chip is notoriously difficult to pull off under pressure from GK and 2 CBs.. anyone who's played as a forward will know. Makes up for the earlier penalty that they should have been given. Some of the refereeing in this World Cup has been abysmal.

Edited by Zolkovo

3 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

That was such a good goal, possibly goal of the tournament for me. That first touch and chip is notoriously difficult to pull off under pressure from GK and 2 CBs.. anyone who's played as a forward will know. Makes up for the earlier penalty that they should have been given. Some of the refereeing in this World Cup has been abysmal.

I agree! toivonen and berg  make a very good pair,  a solid and supportive team! I prefer this sweden

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smzthy said:

Every single time I'm about to get a prediction right, someone has to go and score in the last few minutes. Honestly, what a joke.

I guess it’s just luck based for some people.

Every single time I'm about to get a prediction right, someone has to go and score in the last few minutes. Honestly, what a joke.

I guess it’s just luck based for some people.

6 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Where is Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

His not taking part in this world cup cause he didn’t want to.

Sweden played well but it's 11 against 11 and in the end germany wins :P 

The swedes should be proud of their team! great spirit of mutual aid and good connection between the defense and midfield, unfortunately at the end of the match durmaz committed a pathetic foul

Edited by Nimera

1 hour ago, Nimera said:

Good start by sweden! after zlatan absence the team seems better, less independent

No Zlatan no Sweden, though :awesome: 

1 hour ago, ozenco123 said:

His not taking part in this world cup cause he didn’t want to.

This.

Damn last few minutes of the Belgium match :/

I really trusted my prediction :/

@bpmotard with another 3 points after that result ?‍♂️.

Let's hope South Korea can cause an upset.

I really wanted sweden to win the gane, they played very well but germany pressured them until the last minute and scored (luckily for me ofc :) )

8 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I half expected @bpmotard to have predicted that score ? The amount of chances Batshuayi had after coming on, he could have easily ended up Top Scorer of the tournament. I can't believe some of the chances he missed, literally harder to miss than score..

No way I could have predicted that one ahah, but thank you :P

On 2018-6-21 at 2:55 PM, GoldenShaka said:

FINALLY, justice! 

My country gave a HUGE hand to Argentina to be in the World cup, they didn't deserve to be in Russia. 

Let's go Iceland.

I was watching fox sports.la the day of the 3 - 0 defeat and even one of the argentinians commentators said that the only reason why Argentina is playing on the World Cup is because the match against Ecuador was fixed. The channel immediately stopped the transmission and started to air an advertisement over and over again. That was strange.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I was watching fox sports.la the day of the 3 - 0 defeat and even one of the argentinians commentators said that the only reason why Argentina is playing on the World Cup is because the match against Ecuador was fixed. The channel immediately stopped the transmission and started to air an advertisement over and over again. That was strange.

The thing is, seriously,  Messi had done nothing before the match against Ecuador, and then he does a hat trick, in Quito's height, for real?

I can't watch next match, but considering Nigeria and Argentina both need the win, it will be very noticeable if something rotten happens.

• Like 1

That was some quality play from that free kick. Tough luck for Sterling though, he could do with a goal.

Edit: Another penalty. We're about to top the group.

I can't wait for that wrestling match between Tunisia and Panama.

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 3