10 Reasons I Love Guaceamelee

Christopher

i will say that this game is in my top 3 vita games i have played. I tried the option to play on the ps3 while using the vita as a controller with the map always on the screen. The map needed to be voomd out a little but its still a neat idea. And as you said the combat could be basic for button mashing or have a little complexity to it. I really like the combo chicken side quest. I tried to use some of the combos in the game. All in all I highly recommend this game to all.

i will say that this game is in my top 3 vita games i have played. I tried the option to play on the ps3 while using the vita as a controller with the map always on the screen. The map needed to be voomd out a little but its still a neat idea. And as you said the combat could be basic for button mashing or have a little complexity to it. I really like the combo chicken side quest. I tried to use some of the combos in the game. All in all I highly recommend this game to all.

I really liked the Combo Chicken sidequest also. Using some of the combos in combat was hard, but very effective. I managed to take out the first boss on hard mode without getting touched by keeping her in a consistent air juggle. 

i'm glad i'm not alone this game is like a10/10  what i like the most about the game is the art style of it. 

Don't be like this fools who haven't and are already judging it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65948389

But I looked at the game and didn't like it?

I bet 5 bucks every single game this kid enjoys is a blockbuster title. He probably has no sense of adventure for games outside of his immediate comfort zone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my favourite PSN games ever, and plays like a dream on the Vita. I recently got the platinum for it, and I only take the time to get platinums on games I REALLY like a(and aren't too hard). I've only got 3, yet I'm level 14. Anyway, I agree with everything in the list, but I'd have put the awesome music in there somewhere as well. The mariachi / electronic soundtrack, that slightly changes when you switch between the living and dead world is inspired.

Edited by rsx901

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Something I really love about the game is:

In other games(like DMC for example) you'll get an alter form(Devil Trigger), that is a playable character's Ace(An extra boost in Strength or over-powering attribute).

Perhaps seemingly useless to some, the "Chicken transformation" holds a nice ring to how I went through my "Hard mode" run; avoiding lots of unnecessary battles(against OP enemies).

Not to mention, that once you've gotten the 5 orbs; the game'll reward you the ability to "fly"(for your Chicken form)...It really becomes hilarious just watching enemies try their best attemping @ doing damage, while simply flying over all of them.

Another thing that I've really liked(especially during my hard mode run) were the "Checkpoints" placed in boss battles(between phases)...If it wasn't for that feature, then I'd be screwed "trying way too hard" clutching them.

Plus the best part is: "there's no Penalty for dying".

Edited by DarknessKey92

Yeah I loved it; thought it was a fantastic game! Combat was extremely enjoyable, characters were great, loved the platforming... basically I definitely agree with everything you said.

I literally didn't even think about playing it again on Hard; it just happened automatically - that's how much fun I had with this game! Really brought back the magic of the platformers for me :D Now to play Rayman: Legends!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...