Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition [January 11th 2019]

Once again, NA and EU get two different verisons... I have expressed many times in the past how much I hate that. 

Americas

Tales-of-Vesperia-Definitive-Edition_LE_

• A copy of the game
  • Repede metal case
  • Memorial Art Book
  • Set of 3 acrylics character keychains (Yuri, Patty, and Flynn)
  • Exclusive diorama display case stage

Europe:

Tales-of-Vesperia-Definitive-Edition_LE_

• A copy of the game
  • Premium Edition box
  • Repede metal case
  • Four-CD Soundtrack
  • Memorial Art Book
  • Collectible cards set
  • Pin badge set
  • Chibi Chara stickers set

Edited by Venocide

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm curious what exactly you guys were expecting. :P I think the steelcase, box, artbook, and soundtrack is more than enough for me (Premium Edition). Everything else is a nice bonus. It's not that much more expensive than the standard edition either.

To be honest, I thought they would at least include chibi figures, something they've been doing since Symphonia Chronicles. :( 

At least Europe seems to get the better bundle this time lol 

Updated the post, two different versions. 

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

Just now, Venocide said:

To be honest, I thought they would at least include chibi figures, something they've been doing since Symphonia Chronicles. :( 

For some reason I totally forgot about the chibi figures in previous collector's editions despite me owning a bunch of them. :P But yeah, I see what you mean now. That would have been nice. Still worth the price, though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Had a look at the European Bandai Namco store. We'll be getting stickers, trading cards, some pin badges, and a 4 disc soundtrack instead of a display case.

Yeah I didn't spot that at first, updated the post. Bit better than the NA version, if that display case is as weak as the Ni No Kuni 2 case, It'll break easy lol so I'm glad we won't be receiving that. :) 

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

For some reason I totally forgot about the chibi figures in previous collector's editions despite me owning a bunch of them. :P But yeah, I see what you mean now. That would have been nice. Still worth the price, though.

Yeah the price is pretty good, I was expecting it to be more expensive. 

Edited by Venocide

Gameplay footage featuring the English cast. I thought it was confirmed that Troy would be returning to voice Yuri, obviously not. According to the comments section, it's some guy called Grant George and he'll only be voicng the new scenes, that's gonna be weird. Couldn't get Matthew Mercer? All other VAs have returned, and Patty's VA is pretty good, she sounds exactly like I thought she would haha. 

Edited by Venocide

51 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I thought it was confirmed that Troy would be returning to voice Yuri, obviously not. According to the comments section, it's some guy called Grant George and he'll only be voicng the new scenes, that's gonna be weird. Couldn't get Matthew Mercer? All other VAs have returned, and Patty's VA is pretty good, she sounds exactly like I thought she would haha.

That's super weird. Usually when these kinds of things happen, they end up re-recording all of that character's lines so their voice stays consistent (like with Chie from P4G for example). This new guy sounds nothing like Troy Baker's Yuri, so that's kind off-putting. Matthew Mercer would have definitely been a better choice. Still, I'm glad they managed to get all the other voice actors back at least.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Someone mentioned this earlier, but to repeat: why in the world did they print the art book differently for the two different regions?

Maybe to convince people to buy both editions? It's the only reason I can think off as to why both regions have a completely different edition.

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

That's super weird. Usually when these kinds of things happen, they end up re-recording all of that character's lines so their voice stays consistent (like with Chie from P4G for example). This new guy sounds nothing like Troy Baker's Yuri, so that's kind off-putting. Matthew Mercer would have definitely been a better choice. Still, I'm glad they managed to get all the other voice actors back at least.

Turns out they didn't even approach Troy to reprise his role.

43 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Wow... WTF!? I figured it was a different voice actor because Troy didn't want to reprise his roll. It's so baffling that they didn't even approach him, especially since he said he would have been willing to do it. The only reason I can think of is that maybe they thought it would have been too expensive to hire him these days, but that's really no excuse. The game is going to sell great - they could have afforded him.

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

Give me a break. While I care not one whit for voice actors in general, it's always jarring to hear a new voice, and it's particularly jarring to hear a new voice in the same game. 

The guy clearly wanted to do it. Thanks, O-Bamco-a!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 2:14 PM, Venocide said:

Gameplay footage featuring the English cast. I thought it was confirmed that Troy would be returning to voice Yuri, obviously not. According to the comments section, it's some guy called Grant George and he'll only be voicng the new scenes, that's gonna be weird. Couldn't get Matthew Mercer? All other VAs have returned, and Patty's VA is pretty good, she sounds exactly like I thought she would haha. 

wow really? That is going to be a bit strange when we play the game O.o

Matthew mercer would have been a good replacement but I don't see why they changed him, this game is going to sell like crazy, so it would be stupid if it was the money :D 

Edited by Johnathan994
  • Like 1