Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

• 3 weeks later...

Well new info has comes out from Metro.uk. There's more info by following the link but the article is current down.

https://metro.co.uk/?p=8183491&preview=true&preview_id=8183491

Resident Evil is, and always should be, shlock horror and that’s certainly how it’s presented in terms of gameplay. From the gun shop Leon makes his way to the sewers and an encounter with both a giant alligator and a new creature that looks like a mini-William Birkin with the same sort of grotesque mutated eye.

Capcom have already said that the majority of the game will follow the same design, including enemies, as the original, but there’s a clear attempt to try and make things slightly more… if not realistic, then at least plausible. At this point you switch control to Ada, who we’re appalled to find out, after emptying half a dozen bullets into a zombie’s face, is armed with a useless little peashooter that’s only good for staggering them for a second.

Mr. X is incredibly slow but the best you can hope to do is make him pause for a few seconds, and even that takes so much ammo it’s not really worth it. Instead you’re left to deal with the fact that he’s constantly following you, his heavy footsteps always audible, and if you get yourself stuck in a dead end you’re in serious trouble.

Our demo ends when we find all the electronic parts and the game switches to a cut scene showing Sherry’s captor (we’re trying not to spoil things if you don’t know who it is). This is apparently a brand new playable section, not in the original game, where you get to play as Sherry in an area called the Orphanage. But we’re only allowed a second’s glimpse before the controls are wrestled away from us.

ss_06_gl-7df1jue28.jpg

ss_17_gl-3a8d7vine.jpg

ss_02_gl-b240zmcbi.jpg

4LUvQhH.jpg

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 4

With the fixed camera, how on earth would it looked so beautifull and so intense? 

God comparing this to RE6 is an insult to the work of all the people that worked on this.

THE G A M E IS NOT EVEN OUT YET. Christ we're at an age now, where everything has to be exactly the same like the original. Well if you miss the original so much, go play it then. Meanwhile i'll be playing this and enjoying all of the salty tears of those fixed camera purists! ?

4 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it.

Looks better and better every time I check up on it. 

I am the opposite, graphically it looks good though.

11 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

With the fixed camera, how on earth would it looked so beautifull and so intense? 

God comparing this to RE6 is an insult to the work of all the people that worked on this.

THE G A M E IS NOT EVEN OUT YET. Christ we're at an age now, where everything has to be exactly the same like the original. Well if you miss the original so much, go play it then. Meanwhile i'll be playing this and enjoying all of the salty tears of those fixed camera purists! 1f60e.png

It could easily be beautiful and intense in FC however that is not why the game has not impressed me. I plan to gamefly it but it does look a lot closer to RE6 and yes you cannot really judge it until it is available. Unlike the purists I plan to at least play it but my expectations are very low.

5 minutes ago, Bombstriker said:

Why is my man Mr. X wearing a hat? LMAO!!!

who knows

On a side note the topic title is killing my OCD.