Site Suggestion: Create a Stack Free Leaderboard

As pointed out before; All stacks that are different from the the 'orginal' would have to be manually filtered to be the 'superior' stack (like GTA V), which is a lot of work for a leaderboard most people won't look at more than once.

Also, putting the 'superior' version for people with all the stacks isn't entirely fair. For example, someone could have played GTA V on PS3 when it released and have 100%, and later re-bought it on PS4 and only earned 2 trophies. If you're gonna implement it, you might as well have the version with most trophies earned count.

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

In the meantime if this stackless leaderboard doesn't get up could we push for a " Trophies earned on Tuesday Leaderboard " it may seem arbitrary but I have always felt Tuesday trophy hunters never got the respect they deserved. 

As a Thursday trophy hunter I'm offended. ?

• Like 1

I always wonder how many of the 3,608,782 gamers tracked at the time of writing this actually care about the leaderboards. Especially because once in a while when I check it, I see people with better profiles than mine ranked lower than me. Which I honestly think is not right. Even though it's in my disadvantage I wouldn't mind the regular leaderboards get an overhaul in some way first.

C’mon guys, no need to get nasty or defensive

- the OP isn’t suggesting modifying the main board, or even implying that those who have stacks (l’m one of them) are inferior - just an additional ‘unique games’ board.

I like the stats side of this site, so, for me,

more boards > less boards.

I’m aware that, in the past, I have been one of the first to snipe at or call out folks who suggest silly, arbitrary modified leaderboards -

So Hypocrisy?... yeah, maybe.

But I have only done so when the purpose of the suggestion seems more about diminishing others, minimising their efforts, or worse - to try and create ‘custom’ leaderboards with the sole purpose of elevating the standing of the person suggesting them.

This really doesn’t seem like that - this strikes me as more like the ‘rarity’ leaderboard - an interesting twist on the original board, with a slightly different take on the statistics.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I don't see the point. Would anyone really be interested in this?

1. I thought the reason people did all this auto-popping crap on the same game was to inflate their level and position on the leaderboards.
  2. The information on the leaderboards with regards to trophies and points would not match your profile - confusing
  3. There would be confusion on the games this applies to, which are included and which aren't due to grey areas. Are there that many games out there for this to be necessary?
  4. How would you know which of your games have been excluded in the calculation?

Can some games as well be part auto-popped and part earned?

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I get the idea and it's not a bad one but it seems your more against the auto-pop games then actual stacks. Take my stacks for example (Excluding this month as my trophy list is full of stacks for a trophy comp) I have a couple of stacked games where the play time is over 50 hours, even have one where it is 100 hours per run to get the plat. I think if I am putting in 50 to 100 hours of actual gameplay then I should be be shown on all the leaderboards possible.

I agree with you that if your spending 50-100 hours you deserve the platinum( that's how I felt when I platted GTA5 and Demon Souls a second time). I just think from a coding perspective, it would be easier to filter out a person's trophy list to remove duplicates than track the auto poped plats. Though maybe using time as a factor could solve that, but then people could afk in the game until a time requirement is met.

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I really don't think this auto popping is as big a thing as it is made out. There are very few games that it is possible.

There are quite a few of them to my knowledge. I'll try to find the list that has them all.

21 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I agree with you that if your spending 50-100 hours you deserve the platinum( that's how I felt when I platted GTA5 and Demon Souls a second time). I just think from a coding perspective, it would be easier to filter out a person's trophy list to remove duplicates than track the auto poped plats. Though maybe using time as a factor could solve that, but then people could afk in the game until a time requirement is met.

There are quite a few of them to my knowledge. I'll try to find the list that has them all.

There really isn't, but please post the list here. It will let us all see how much of problem this really is, 

Edited by cjshaitan

39 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There are exactly 5 such games: Motorstorm RC, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, Jet Set Radio, and DC Universe Online. There are a couple other games (e.g., GTA 5 I think?) that have *some* trophies that auto-pop, but those are the only 5 with full auto-popping lists.

24 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

There are exactly 5 such games: Motorstorm RC, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, Jet Set Radio, and DC Universe Online. There are a couple other games (e.g., GTA 5 I think?) that have *some* trophies that auto-pop, but those are the only 5 with full auto-popping lists.

Also Stardrone Extreme Vita->PS3 autopops. (Only 80% autopops the other way around)

GTA 5, if I understand correctly, only autopopped while they allowed PS3->PS4 character transfers, but I think that was limited time only? Atomic Ninjas has two autopopped trophies between versions and there's other games like that (usually tied to an online server bank)

Honestly, autopopped trophies aren't going to change leaderboard positions very much. I would argue that even removing stacks won't matter much since most players that do stacks play many games to begin with. (Quantity of games = higher rankings) 

18 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Before I begin, I just wanna make it very clear that Auto popping games through stacks are allowed and there's no shame in doing it. 

However, I think it would be really interesting to see how different the leaderboards would look if there was a stack free leaderboard. I am probably in the minority here, but I think it's kinda lame when I see accounts with a bunch of stacks. I think it's fine to plat a game twice as long as you have to actually do everything again.

+10000

I was thinking about this two days before. It would be so nice!

I think the idea has some merit but think it would be better to create a uniqueness leaderboard which was done on a trophy basis.  This would remove arguement over which trophy list to use, if you complete the same 'titled' trophy x times it still counts only once for the leaderboard.  This way if you part complete a game on two consoles, with a few tropies only earned on one or the other, you will be credited for every unique trophy you have earned in those games, rather than arbitarily picking one set and ignoring the other, thus ignoring some trophies.

• Like 1