Site Suggestion: Create a Stack Free Leaderboard

How do we define stacking? Deadpool has two trophy lists, but PS4 has ultra violent unlocked from the start, so it takes 1 playthrough instead of the 2 it takes in PS3. The game is exactly the same, and even the trophy list is exactly the same, but the trophy hunting experience differs. Do we consider that a stack or not?

There are too many examples of this, I don't think this would be a viable concept.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

How do we define stacking? Deadpool has two trophy lists, but PS4 has ultra violent unlocked from the start, so it takes 1 playthrough instead of the 2 it takes in PS3. The game is exactly the same, and even the trophy list is exactly the same, but the trophy hunting experience differs. Do we consider that a stack or not?

There are too many examples of this, I don't think this would be a viable concept.

There would definitely have to be some careful consideration. I'm not familiar with the Deadpool game, but I assume its like GTA5, where the PS4 version has more trophies overall.

Keeping it as simple as possible, Only one list would be accepted for each game and in terms of different versions like GTA5, the version with the higher amount of trophies would count, while the other version would not be counted(on that leaderboard only of course).

Edited by sepheroithisgod

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Keeping it as simple as possible, Only one list would be accepted of each game and in terms of different versions like GTA5, the version with the higher amount of trophies would count, while the other version would not be counted(on that leaderboard only of course).

So if you only got the plat in the version with the least trophies you wouldn't show up on this hypothetical board? What about games with the same number of trophies? Which stack is the one that counts? :hmm:

3 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

So if you only got the plat in the version with the least trophies you wouldn't show up on this hypothetical board? What about games with the same number of trophies? Which stack is the one that counts? :hmm:

So it would be account based in the way I picture it.

Let's look at an easy example using GTA5:

Player A: GTA 5 (PS3), GTA 5 (PS4)-------> Since there are two copies on the account, it will filter which version has fewer trophies.GTA 5 (PS4) would count on the leaderboard.

Player B: GTA 5 (PS3)-------> GTA 5 (PS3) would count on the leaderboard because that is their only version.

Player C: GTA 5 (PS4)-------> GTA 5 (PS4) would count on the leaderboard because that is their only version.

Why not make a leaderboard where only stacks count. If you play a game on 4 regions, 3 of them will count on the leaderboard.

That way you could browse through all the players who stack games and feel you're better than them.

1 minute ago, dzstrpc said:

Why not make a leaderboard where only stacks count. If you play a game on 4 regions, 3 of them will count on the leaderboard.

That way you could browse through all the players who stack games and feel you're better than them.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm lol

Again I'm not hating on people who do it, I think stacking has devalued trophies way too much. For example, Sound Shapes, you do the game once and then you can auto pop the trophies of ps3, ps4, or psvita. The auto popping just devalues trophies.

• Like 1

Not gonna happen.

Or next it be can I choose only what I want to see on the leaderboard.

Can be RPG only?

Can every sport game be removed cause I don't play sports.

When did things get so complicated...

7 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Not gonna happen.

Or next it be can I choose only what I want to see on the leaderboard.

Can be RPG only?

Can every sport game be removed cause I don't play sports.

When did things get so complicated...

Don't really see how that's connected to the topic. I don't play sports games either, but more power to those that do, just one version of it on this leaderboard(though I'm not really sure if sports games have multiple versions).

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Don't really see how that's connected to the topic. I don't play sports games either, but more power to those that do, just one version of it on this leaderboard(though I'm not really sure if sports games have multiple versions).

It's connected because you want to customize the leaderboard to your taste. You want to see it without stacking because it may be interesting to see where one stands in it. Then while Sly is at it making that happen mind as well create options to negate certain genres too. For me its sports since I don't play it.

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

It's connected because you want to customize the leaderboard to your taste. You want to see it without stacking because it may be interesting to see where one stands in it. Then while Sly is at it making that happen mind as well create options to negate certain genres too. For me its sports since I don't play it.

I won't lie, leaderboard by genre would actually be a really cool addition, but stacking is not a genre.

To be clear though, I'm not saying I don't like game stacking, I have two Demon Soul, Borderlands 2, and GTA 5 plats. I just feel they devalue trophies way too much.

I'd rather have a leaderboard that removes lists done in less than an hour. Similar concept to yours, but it would appeal to those who don't go after the quick and easy plats and auto-popping plats.

Of course, people could always work around this... So maybe base it off of the 50th fastest achiever or something like that.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'd rather have a leaderboard that removes lists done in less than an hour. Similar concept to yours, but it would appeal to those who don't go after the quick and easy plats and auto-popping plats.

Of course, people could always work around this... So maybe base it off of the 50th fastest achiever or something like that.

Yeah, I like the idea, but you could just afk for X time til the game is allowed on the leaderboard. The fastest achievers could definitely weed that kind of behavior out, but would be a problem for new games that don't have 50 plats yet. 

13 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Creating arbitrary cut-offs like "1 hour" or "50th fastest achiever" is pretty much never good for a leaderboard, since people can just work around that specific cut-off. Similarly, blocking stacking trophies because they devalue trophies seems to completely avoid the real problem too. What about Japanese VNs? There are literally hundreds of those that can be platted in 1 hour or less. Those certainly devalue trophies much more than having a second copy of Demon's Souls, don't they?

All of these problems seem like they would be better solved by the rarity leaderboard, where plat-bait games are worth hardly anything and thus both of these problems are solved at once, and in a way that isn't so trivial to get around.

• Like 2

I mean no offense. Options to customize what we want to see is awesome. Im all for your idea for the site. Just stating that if we can choose to rule out stacks, there easily could be option to rule out certain genres (as an example) or games that only have 10, 20 trophies with a plat. or even games consider "easy". Kinda devalue trophies no? 

Just thought of something neat! What about no stacks and no bronze...bronze is so cheap Sony wont even give 1 cent for it. 

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

Creating arbitrary cut-offs like "1 hour" or "50th fastest achiever" is pretty much never good for a leaderboard, since people can just work around that specific cut-off. Similarly, blocking stacking trophies because they devalue trophies seems to completely avoid the real problem too. What about Japanese VNs? There are literally hundreds of those that can be platted in 1 hour or less. Those certainly devalue trophies much more than having a second copy of Demon's Souls, don't they?

All of these problems seem like they would be better solved by the rarity leaderboard, where plat-bait games are worth hardly anything and thus both of these problems are solved at once, and in a way that isn't so trivial to get around.

You're not wrong at all. They definitely devalue trophies to some degree, but rarity is definitely a different thing than what I was suggesting. I wasn't trying to pick out super easy or quick plats because some of those games are extremely fun and are worth playing(Granted, I'm well aware that most of those people that play the JP VNs don't understand anything or get any enjoyment out of it).

The problem with a rarity leaderboard is its way too dependent on how many people play the game. For example, most Call of Duty plats are pretty easy but always stay in that Ultra Rare rating because so many people get the game. Then you get a game like Dark Souls Remaster that has a 20% completion and is an objectively harder game.

PS Plus games in particular really screw up rarity since so many people get access to them.

This sort of thing would require effort to implement, and effort doesn't seem to be a thing that is in abundance from someone anymore. 

True Trophies does have genre specific leaderboards and some other sorted ones if people are interested in that sort of thing. Don't think they have one like OP is wanting. 

23 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

For example, most Call of Duty plats are pretty easy but always stay in that Ultra Rare rating because so many people get the game. Then you get a game like Dark Souls Remaster that has a 20% completion and is an objectively harder game.

Say wha? Aren't most Call of Duty games like 7/10 or higher on the platinum difficulty polls? The only one that I've played is World at War, but it's a *far* harder plat than Dark Souls (or any Soulsborne game).

16 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Say wha? Aren't most Call of Duty games like 7/10 or higher on the platinum difficulty polls? The only one that I've played is World at War, but it's a *far* harder plat than Dark Souls (or any Soulsborne game).

Well, World at War, Black Ops 2, and Black Ops 3 are definitely the hardest in the series, but look at a game like Ghosts that's a 4/10 with a 4.25 rarity. 

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Well, in all honesty, I think a rarity leaderboard would solve this problem, but from what I understand, the current implementation of the leaderboard hardly changes anything because of sheer number of trophies outweighs the rarity in most cases.

Of course, I think you should have the standard 15, 30, 90, and 180, but add a multiplier for each rarity and make it pretty cutthroat so that it makes a difference in the standings.

I'd suggest:

Common x0 (worth NOTHING)

Uncommon x0.10

Rare x1

Very rare x5

Ultra rare x10

Or something like that. No matter what though, the rarity values are going to be arbitrary. It's all going to be based on what the staff decide. Having a customized leadboard is going to have a degree of arbitration.

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

7 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

#RemoveSkipFromLeaderboard

#MakeLeaderboardsGreatAgain

#SaveVNs

#StopVNSkipping

• Like 1

I get the idea and it's not a bad one but it seems your more against the auto-pop games then actual stacks. Take my stacks for example (Excluding this month as my trophy list is full of stacks for a trophy comp) I have a couple of stacked games where the play time is over 50 hours, even have one where it is 100 hours per run to get the plat. I think if I am putting in 50 to 100 hours of actual gameplay then I should be be shown on all the leaderboards possible.

• Like 2

I really don't think this auto popping is as big a thing as it is made out. There are very few games that it is possible.

You know the most amusing thing about all this is that people buying stacks are giving the devs more money. More money means the devs can continue to make more games. If you like the game you should be doing everything in your power to get these "stack buyers" to pick up every copy possible. Then you will get more games from them. See how it works. 

In the meantime if this stackless leaderboard doesn't get up could we push for a " Trophies earned on Tuesday Leaderboard " it may seem arbitrary but I have always felt Tuesday trophy hunters never got the respect they deserved.