Should I be worried?

Stargazer2600

So my girlfriend recently moved in and decided that some cloth would look amazing on my entertainment system under my PS4. With the PS4 off, I lifted it and she placed it and I gently placed it back where it was. A few seconds later my PS4 starts beeping like crazy as if it was telling her how horrible her cloth was and then it spit my game out that was in it. I put it back in only for it to be ejected. I unplugged the system and turned it back on only this time the system wouldn't take the disc. So I held the power button until it was off and unplugged the system for 3 minutes ( IGN said this would work). When I plugged it back in the system took the game and it seems ok but wtf happen? I hadn't played my system today so it's not like it was overheated or anything

I can't figure out the cause and I am wondering if this is some sign that my system is gonna brick soon or what. Does anyone have a clue?

Always put ur PS system in a place where air can flow around it freely. You also might want to clean your PS4 from the inside but this will void your warranty if you have any. I've done this and its really nice to clean it. Makes it sound less like a rocket ship taking off and more like a jet engine :P

Only thing I can think of is that obviously ventilation but also if you pick up a console with disc in sometimes it moves the disc slightly causing it to freak out once it's turn back on, next time be sure it hasn't got anything in it before moving it.

Edited by LuciaRosethorn
  • Like 3

How fuzzy was this cloth? My first thought would be that the fuzz got into the system somehow, although I'm not up-to-dates on where the vents are on your PS4. Maybe try some compressed air?

I would also guess it's just as likely that your system got annoyed at being moved instead of the cloth. (Not that PS4's are delicate, I've dropped mine and it still works happily) But if there was any pre-existing issue that could have triggered it. Wasn't there an issue with the eject button on first-gen PS4's? Maybe it's something like that

I had this problem, it's a defect with the console itself. Where the disc goes in there's the cover of the ps4, if you take that off there's a little screw you can adjust to kinda sort the problem out but it wont make the problem go away completely. if it helps you can find a video about it on youtube

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

How fuzzy was this cloth? My first thought would be that the fuzz got into the system somehow, although I'm not up-to-dates on where the vents are on your PS4. Maybe try some compressed air?

I would also guess it's just as likely that your system got annoyed at being moved instead of the cloth. (Not that PS4's are delicate, I've dropped mine and it still works happily) But if there was any pre-existing issue that could have triggered it. Wasn't there an issue with the eject button on first-gen PS4's? Maybe it's something like that

It was just a light satin cloth. I have since turned on a disc base game and everything seems to be ok. Just kinda weird and it freaked me out.

If it's the older more squared original ps4 you have, I had this problem shortly after launch when I relocated the unit. If you look under the system the eject button (for some reason) hangs over the edge. Maybe the added pressure from the cloth did the same thing with your, where it was essentially reading as you holding that down. If it's a slim then I dunno lol

4 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So my girlfriend recently moved in and decided that some cloth would look amazing on my entertainment system under my PS4. With the PS4 off, I lifted it and she placed it and I gently placed it back where it was. A few seconds later my PS4 starts beeping like crazy as if it was telling her how horrible her cloth was and then it spit my game out that was in it. I put it back in only for it to be ejected. I unplugged the system and turned it back on only this time the system wouldn't take the disc. So I held the power button until it was off and unplugged the system for 3 minutes ( IGN said this would work). When I plugged it back in the system took the game and it seems ok but wtf happen? I hadn't played my system today so it's not like it was overheated or anything

I can't figure out the cause and I am wondering if this is some sign that my system is gonna brick soon or what. Does anyone have a clue?

The ps4 is not of a fan of your girlfriend's taste in interior design.

• Like 2

Only thing I can think of is maybe static built up on it and caused your system to tweak out. However, I have some follow-up questions:

Was this an enchanted cloth?

Was this cloth actually tin foil and connected to a car battery?

Does your girlfriend work for Microsoft?

Is the cloth haunted?