6.00 Beta now LIVE

JapanimeGamer

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

But to be fair, I just asked cause I'm curious about people mind sets and now I understand yours. Can't be scared of hypotheticals lol.

Just to throw some reverse spin at you, who is to say that me using the 6.00 beta does not make my console less likely to 'brick' as it now has added security and stability that your console does not have ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

Hopefully I would have the ability to delete 1-5% games if possible

Probably the first thing I checked for.

Not at this stage of the beta at least and I agree that this is very unlikely to ever happen.

12 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

Why not though? What if there's a game I barely have played long enough and I didn't like it and a trophy suddenly pops up :/

I get that some people claim to have OCD, whereas others just want the perfect gamer card but lets be serious for one second, it really does not matter.

Not only that but there are far too many possibilities of 'accidents' or 'my dog did it' 'I must have been hacked' scenarios and Sony just does not want the headache of that (they also don't want the headache of PSN name changes but I thin due to the mass demand for it they might just allow it).

Edited by JapanimeGamer

13 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

Why not though? What if there's a game I barely have played long enough and I didn't like it and a trophy suddenly pops up :/

It would open up a can of worms that Sony would never be able to close. People would want even higher percentages to be deleted, and then they'll get calls of customers complaining because some guy hacked their password and deleted all of their trophies.

That's what alt accounts are for, testing games you aren't sure if you're going to like or not.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It would open up a can of worms that Sony would never be able to close. People would want even higher percentages to be deleted, and then they'll get calls of customers complaining because some guy hacked their password and deleted all of their trophies.

That's what alt accounts are for, testing games you aren't sure if you're going to like or not.

You're correct about people wanting higher percentages to be deleted but 1-5% is as low as they would probably allow it imo. Hell I wouldn't want it any higher because if it were any higher than 5% I would complain.

1 minute ago, ryan32289 said:

You're correct about people wanting higher percentages to be deleted but 1-5% is as low as they would probably allow it imo. Hell I wouldn't want it any higher because if it were any higher than 5% I would complain.

This will never ever happen.

Microsoft do a lot of great things that Sony do not yet do, but even for them this will always remain a big NO-NO

15 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

I think trophy list deletion will happen at some point. It's a good feature and would actually make platinum speed matter for once. You could delete a game like God of War 3 and then redo everything to beat your time to plat and climb on the leaderboard. Overall, there isn't any downside.

To those that claim someone can call and complain about the feature. There are plenty of possible safeguards. Create a trophy deletion Pin number that is separate from your password. This will ensure it is entirely your fault if someone deletes a trophy.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I think trophy list deletion will happen at some point. It's a good feature and would actually make platinum speed matter for once. You could delete a game like God of War 3 and then redo everything to beat your time to plat and climb on the leaderboard. Overall, there isn't any downside.

Server-based games that don't continuously check for trophy data will become impossible, such as BioShock 2 before the prestige add-on.

• Like 1

I usually get invited to all of these betas but not this time.  I thought maybe I was just unlucky or they were trying different users but then I started to think about some of the shit I've been sending to Sony lately.

So you know when there is a crash and you can send additional info when it happens?  Well, it's been happening far too often for me and it's starting to irritate me.  So I've been using those "additional information" boxes to let them know.  I guess maybe that was my undoing?  Oh well, doesn't sound like I'm missing out on anything.

6 minutes ago, JapanimeGamer said:

I would be surprised they even read those boxes to be honest.

You were probably just unlucky not to get chosen as it is (I assume) totally random.

Yeah, you're probably right.  

Did you by chance get a special avatar?  We got one for the last beta which was pretty neat.

Just now, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, you're probably right.  

Did you by chance get a special avatar?  We got one for the last beta which was pretty neat.

I have not noticed one? not sure where it would be, but I didnt not get any notification of one.

Honestly it is just like not having the beta at this stage, until they add more features for us to test which they will soon.

Odd, I got an E-Mail on Wednesday saying I was selected for the Beta. But the E-Mail stated I would get a notification on the PS4 when the Beta began. Here it is Saturday, and I still haven't gotten anything. 

But it sounds like I'm not missing anything. This firmware update makes no sense. The numbers in the firmware usually mean something. When the first number changes (in this case 5.55 to 6.00), that means a hefty change to the interface that adds something new entirely (the second number would be an overhaul to existing features). A stability update could have simply been left for 5.56.  

EDIT: Nevermind, got the PS4 notification...I had to restart my PS4. 

Edited by TheViper4Life

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Odd, I got an E-Mail on Wednesday saying I was selected for the Beta. But the E-Mail stated I would get a notification on the PS4 when the Beta began. Here it is Saturday, and I still haven't gotten anything. 

But it sounds like I'm not missing anything. This firmware update makes no sense. The numbers in the firmware usually mean something. When the first number changes (in this case 5.55 to 6.00), that means a hefty change to the interface that adds something new entirely (the second number would be an overhaul to existing features). A stability update could have simply been left for 5.56.  

EDIT: Nevermind, got the PS4 notification...I had to restart my PS4. 

I expect the better stuff to arrive next week in an update to the Beta which is currently at stage 2. So when it hits stage 3 / 4 hopefully it will be worth it.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:40 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

To those that claim someone can call and complain about the feature. There are plenty of possible safeguards. Create a trophy deletion Pin number that is separate from your password. This will ensure it is entirely your fault if someone deletes a trophy.

Highly doubt this will ever happen due to all the issues related to it. Most importantly, it can screw up a trophy list for you. Trophies can actually become unobtainable. Also, this would make it impossible to tell if anyone cheated. People would have trophies out of order and too fast all the time. If someone screws up cheating, they would just delete it and try again. Completion ratio would be completely pointless too, if it wasn't already. :P Yeah, I know that is why you want this.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

On 03/08/2018 at 0:40 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

We already have trophy deletion for 0% games. Doesn't that please you? If there's a trophy list on your profile that you don't like, just hide it.

• Like 1

1% trophy deletion will happen in your dreams. Deal with it.

I'd rather like to see a small update for old-gen systems to delete 0% trophy lists from the consoles without having to delete profiles or format the storage.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

We already have trophy deletion for 0% games. Doesn't that please you? If there's a trophy list on your profile that you don't like, just hide it.

To be fair that will only hide the game from someone else viewing the other persons profile.

I am against deleting trophies, but it would be great to see us be able to hide any game we want from even ourselves.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Highly doubt this will ever happen due to all the issues related to it. Most importantly, it can screw up a trophy list for you. Trophies can actually become unobtainable. Also, this would make it impossible to tell if anyone cheated. People would have trophies out of order and too fast all the time. If someone screws up cheating, they would just delete it and try again. Completion ratio would be completely pointless too, if it wasn't already. :P Yeah, I know that is why you want this.

You are definitely right about my own reasons for wanting it. ? However, I think if Sony took the time to add the feature they would make sure that it wouldn't screw over your trophy data, or add a warning message for players. It would be the player's fault if they delete a trophy list that has closed servers and tried again or some other unobtainable trophy.

As for cheating, I don't quite know how the site keeps records on cheaters, but if you catch them in the act, recording it should be the same. It would also probably help wash away the negative viewpoint of hidden trophies since most people think of cheaters when they see hidden trophies. It would also benefit those "unaware" that they join a hacked lobby in something like Black Ops II because they could just delete it for those type of well-known hacker infested games.

• Like 1