That's it! I'm contacting Sony (SOLVED)

Aecesaje_

First I want to introduce my problem, I explained it in a previous post here (I will put my previous post at the end of this one), basically what happened is that I can't see the messages that I receive on my PS4 and every single message I had before this problem was deleted, but I still get the notification for each message I receive.

I won't create a new account because of this sh*t, I will fix my problem. 

So I made some research about this problem and it seems that I'm not alone in this boat. At the PlayStation Foruns people are saying that they had the same problem and it took them between 1 week to a whole year to fix it (well I'm not waiting a year to get my account fixed). They said that they contacted Sony about the problem and that they fixed it, seems easy right but the problem is that they had to call them or email them almost every single day.

But I decided, if I want my account fixed I will have to go through Sony's costumer service. I will try first by email and I will give it a week or 2 before trying to call them. I don't know if the see the emails but I hope so, I will also try to make a post on the PlayStation Foruns since I have a bigger chance to get a Sony employee to see and fix my problem.

That's it, I know people will ask why I made a post about this, well when I'm really mad I tend to write.

Here's my previous post:

"So, this problem started yesterday while I was boosting AC: Brotherhood, I noticed that I was receiving messages because I was getting notifications on my PS3 but when I checked my phone they were not there, I tried refreshing the app and still nothing, I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still nothing, I tried cleaning the cache of the app and something happened, every circle I created was gone but I was still getting notifications on my PS3. When I ended the boosting (got the plat btw), I turned on my PS4 to see if the circles I had created where there and they were not, none of them, but I was still getting notifications from the boosting group, when I clicked on the PS button to see the message it would open an empty group (with just me inside) and close it right after (the only thing I saw was the chat background for mileseconds).

Today I went to the PS4 to see if the problem was solved (I was still thinking that the servers were probably in maintenance) and the problem was still there but then I thought "Maybe I can receive messages from other people". I head up to my secondary account and when I open it everything was alright there, I could see every circle I created on that account, so I found my profile there and sent a message but when I head up to my account I got the notification for that message but I couldn't enter the circle to respond, just like yesterday. Now I'm pissed, I want to see my messages but I can't and if I want to answer anybody I can't either. The thing that pisses me off the most is that I promised to help other people to get the platinum but I simply can't (they are probably thinking that I'm some sort of a liar or a piss of sh*t). I need to leave the group to stop getting all that notifications (my PS3 notifications most be full of notifications to be seen). Once I get everything resolved I will join the group again but now I just can't."

Edited by maiathewinners

I guarantee Sony is going to give you suggestions that you can use that won't help you fix the problem, their customer service department is highly incompetent and they're minimum wage slaves. It probably took that guy a week because when they were contacting Sony, they took that long to find someone on the line who was competent enough to sort it out for them. Good luck, I hope it all works out and it's not the first time today where I've seen people getting screwed by something on PSN that wasn't their fault. 

• Like 4

Wait, Sony has an email now? I swear when I had store issues in 2015 the only communication channels they had were Twitter and phone, which was super annoying since they just tweeted me to call them. 

Can you see your messages on the Playstation website? That could be a possible workaround until they get it fixed (if they get it fixed) on your PS4

Don't waste your time emailing, just call them about it. And if calling the first few times doesn't work, demand to talk to thier supervisor. It almost always works when dealing with telecom companies, I don't see why it shouldn't work with Sony.

Goodluck.

58 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Wait, Sony has an email now? I swear when I had store issues in 2015 the only communication channels they had were Twitter and phone, which was super annoying since they just tweeted me to call them. 

Can you see your messages on the Playstation website? That could be a possible workaround until they get it fixed (if they get it fixed) on your PS4

They always had an email AFAIK.

I remember contacting them back in 2014 for the first time via mail.

And I do agree, they have by far the most useless support one can imagine.

11 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

They always had an email AFAIK.

I remember contacting them back in 2014 for the first time via mail.

And I do agree, they have by far the most useless support one can imagine.

They must hide it pretty well because I still can't find it, although it took me 7 clicks to even find a contact us page: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/

I'll say their support is a mixed bag. I got wonderful support when I was having trouble with my Sony Rewards account, although I do feel they offered up the info I needed a bit too easily. When I had to contact support in 2015 it was also pretty okay, nothing to write home about. I hear so many nightmarish stories, though, so I don't blame people for being cautious.

Have you tried rebuilding the PS4 database? It doesn't delete any games, save data etc. That will probably be the first thing they suggest to you anyways, right before doing a factory reset.

Edited by skateak

6 hours ago, skateak said:

Have you tried rebuilding the PS4 database? It doesn't delete any games, save data etc. That will probably be the first thing they suggest to you anyways, right before doing a factory reset.

It isn't a system bug, it is a account bug. The only way to fix this is telling Sony about the problem and ask them to fix it

Update: 

I GOT MY ACCOUNT FIXED

Today I tried to contact Sony, first I tried the forums and it works right there. There was a guy that helped me asking when the problem started and what was going on. That guy was the moderador of the forums and I think he sent the problem to Sony's tech team because some hours after talking to him through the forums my account got fixed. I'm very happy that this problem was fixed in just a few days. I have to thank everybody here too for trying to help me, you guys are great.

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, maiathewinners said:

Update: 

I GOT MY ACCOUNT FIXED

Today I tried to contact Sony, first I tried the forums and it works right there. There was a guy that helped me asking when the problem started and what was going on. That guy was the moderador of the forums and I think he sent the problem to Sony's tech team because some hours after talking to him through the forums my account got fixed. I'm very happy that this problem was fixed in just a few days. I have to thank everybody here too for trying to help me, you guys are great.

Awesome dude. Cool to see it fixed.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 5:44 PM, Sergen said:

I guarantee Sony is going to give you suggestions that you can use that won't help you fix the problem, their customer service department is highly incompetent and they're minimum wage slaves. It probably took that guy a week because when they were contacting Sony, they took that long to find someone on the line who was competent enough to sort it out for them. Good luck, I hope it all works out and it's not the first time today where I've seen people getting screwed by something on PSN that wasn't their fault. 

That's basically most Customer Service Departments now.

Nobody wants to properly train these monkeys to deal with peoples concerns, so you end up with workers who don't care and a very high turnover rate.

I like Sony for their consoles, their stereo systems and their games. Everything else about them is piss poor.

• Like 1