Death’s Gambit Trophy Thoughts

NaseemJohn

18 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Sounds good. I’ll attempt it but are any of the bugs problematic? 

6 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

Yes it seems to crash the game around the Thalamus fight and Endless. I've had it happen to me 3 times now...

Aside from the crashing there's not anything really aside from just weird quirks and that previously mentioned one where if you buy the one ability it screws up your ability inventory and the end boss trophy not popping (which I can confirm myself now, maybe it will pop after beating it in heroic, or that one could be bugged too lol). 

Personal experience I've never had the game crash aside from the time I mentioned before of talking to the one NPC, and it appears it was only doing it at the specific point in the game I was at as I talked to them today after doing a bit more and it wasn't crashing. 

Hopefully the patch next week fixes all the current issues. I've really enjoyed the game so far, though I do like Dead Cells a fair bit more. 

Edited by Gage

this game is a 10/10 difficulty. no doubt about it. the perfect run trophy is ridiculous. doesnt help the stamina management in this game is a chore and the hit boxes suck.

im not so sure NG+ will make heroic bosses any easier. sure you go up in level, but im willing to bet the bosses do as well.

edit: and here is a perfect run already: 

Edited by EightBitArtist

11 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

this game is a 10/10 difficulty. no doubt about it. the perfect run trophy is ridiculous. doesnt help the stamina management in this game is a chore and the hit boxes suck.

im not so sure NG+ will make heroic bosses any easier. sure you go up in level, but im willing to bet the bosses do as well.

OMG, this guy is a monster, how this is even possible???

13 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

It definitely seems easier with mouse. More accurate aiming really helps.

I wanted to buy this game immediately after release but when I see how some of you have glitches & bugs, I guess it's better to wait for now. At least I'll get some rest after Dead Cells. That platinum was hell.

Edited by Lowlliet

The guy in the video said the achievement didn't even unlock for him when he completed it. xD That's two confirmed don't works, one possible glitchy one. 

I didn't think to use the gun for bosses and stuff, seemed real bad during the level. I'll have to take a look through his run and see what all items and stuff he uses otherwise. 

Edited by Gage

So this game is one of the buggiest games i've played in a while. Had the perfect run, get to the final boss with 2 hours left on the clock and the game crashes. I think i am done with this. Fun game but i think it's enough for me. Heroic trophies for dark knight, forgotten gaian, and eldritch inquisitor did not pop for me. That was the icing on this cake for me to say hell no. Those were tough fights...

Good luck to all who try this but i ain't coming back till they patch this shit.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

So this game is one of the buggiest games i've played in a while. Had the perfect run, get to the final boss with 2 hours left on the clock and the game crashes. I think i am done with this. Fun game but i think it's enough for me. Heroic trophies for dark knight, forgotten gaian, and eldritch inquisitor did not pop for me. That was the icing on this cake for me to say hell no. Those were tough fights...

Good luck to all who try this but i ain't coming back till they patch this shit.

Damn, more bugged than I thought

I bought this, had a little play and put it down for now. Will probably defo not go back to it now unless I.reach a dry spell

They are spose to be patching next week tho apparently, but due to all these bugs, I bet it will take them a while to.iron them out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone know if Heroic Bosses are really harder in NG+? I have a higher Level Cap, right? I defeat all boss but still not Endless and Gaian (but I lost the Gaian for the NCP death...), so I saw on the Forum that I need to win against every Heroic Boss in one playthrough... damn. 

• 2 years later...

With the Afterlife update, it's an 8/10 difficulty sort of platinum.

Using a variation of this build, most of the content was easy enough, since the S-class Turtle Shield is broken, and Piercing Light annihilates bosses. However, the Heroic Eldritch Council is utter trash, which killed me 25 times. For that one, a very specific strategy using the Blinding Bombs talent was necessary. Destroy the leftmost crystal LAST, then use the bombs to quickly stun and kill the squid mage it summons, before it can cast a single orb spell. This makes the second phase against the actual boss ten times easier, since she won't be surrounded by those incredibly troublesome orbs. Secondly, deal with the lightning vortexes immediately when they appear, using the Crash Down Invincibility talent to ground pound them.

The "perfect run" can be fairly tough, as well. Although the time limit is quite generous, late bosses are difficult when you've so weak. I loosely followed this playthrough, and it worked pretty well. You start as Soldier, and after acquiring the Cauterizing Sabre in Garde Tum, spec into Longsword Adjustment on the Noble talent tree, so you can use it with finesse scaling. Then, simply get yourself some OP FIN-boosting gear from that giant rabbit and the Lumberkin Acolyte. Unlike the player in the video, I skipped going to the optional snow area altogether. It's really just a waste of time.

To make matters worse, your save can randomly become corrupt at any time, including after the first Endless battle during your "Perfect Run" attempt, which happened to me. The game is supposed to send you back to the title screen after that battle, where you can load your save in the new underwater area, but in my case, all the saves were erased during this forth wall-breaking bullshit. Hourly save backups are totally required to complete this game, and it's tedious as hell. Don't play it on PS4 until they fix it, if that ever happens.