National trophy Hunting Day Community Event! R2 - OVER

Beyondthegrave07

Would you like to participate?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for earning some trophies on Sept 22nd 2018?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing for U.S. PSN cards
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies?

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone have any ideas what they are going to play or if you're just going to wing it and earn trophies in whatever?

I've been wanting to get Reverie since it plays like a classic Zelda game and the game is about a 5-hour platinum, so I think now's the perfect time to buy it. My backup is to play Burnout Paradise and Teslagrad and get a bunch of trophies. If something goes on sale the next couple weeks, I may pick up something else. Though, this event is hard to choose between playing 1 game or 10 games... I can never decide which is better! :P

I joined, but I don't expect to change my gaming plans.. 

So I will be playing a bit of Gems of War for the guild that I'm in, play a bit more of Fallout Shelter (it I'm not done with it, since I need the Legendaries and 3 Themes for the plat), on top of that I may be boosting something (depends on my regular "random" game boost partners..) and either Nier Automata or NFS Rivals (for the back to school event, I need 1 of those 2 to finish my work). 

So, I don't plan to spam trophies at all. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I joined, but I don't expect to change my gaming plans.. 

So I will be playing a bit of Gems of War for the guild that I'm in, play a bit more of Fallout Shelter (it I'm not done with it, since I need the Legendaries and 3 Themes for the plat), on top of that I may be boosting something (depends on my regular "random" game boost partners..) and either Nier Automata or NFS Rivals (for the back to school event, I need 1 of those 2 to finish my work). 

So, I don't plan to spam trophies at all. 

Which is 100% okay. The event is open to everyone and no matter if you earn 1 trophy or 100, you still only get your name in the drawing 1 time. 

I like to play shorter games in my backlog with lots of trophies for the event. At least that's what I did last year. I plan to do the same except buy a game I've been wanting to play with easy trophies this year. I won't have as much time to play this year, but I'm going to try to make the most of it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Couldn't reply here till I had 25 posts. I enjoyed doing this last year on my old account wolverine123. See if I can get into the 100 club again.

Yeah, I knew you switched accounts and almost put " Deadpool --Rik aka wolverine123", but thought that you'd probably do the same this year with the new account! (No pressure, haha)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, W571WE said:

Awesome, im in.

Awesome, that makes 50 participants so far. I had a total of 60 last year, so it makes me happy that we got 50 participants in a week!

Also, I will tag everyone a few hours before the event. It will be a pita, but then, no one can complain about missing the event. :)

• Like 1

I know @angelgrievous played a few easy games last year, but what did you do @Deadpool--Rik to get 104? Did you already have games ready to play similar to him or prepare trophies ahead of time to pop or both? 

It sounds like a few people will shoot for 100 which will be fun to see. I'm hoping we get to 2000 this year, but we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I know @angelgrievous played a few easy games last year, but what did you do @Deadpool--Rik to get 104? Did you already have games ready to play similar to him or prepare trophies ahead of time to pop or both? 

It sounds like a few people will shoot for 100 which will be fun to see. I'm hoping we get to 2000 this year, but we'll see what happens.

I did the same, just looked back and I played steins gate 0 twice,dying reborn & planet of the eyes.

I'm not playing games like that on this profile so I'll have to plan something different out this time. I've booked the day off work and told my wife I'm being a geek all that day. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

I did the same, just looked back and I played steins gate 0 twice,dying reborn & planet of the eyes.

I'm not playing games like that on this profile so I'll have to plan something different out this time. I've booked the day off work and told my wife I'm being a geek all that day. 

Lol. Best of luck! You don't have to get trophies by playing easy games especially since you could just have a bunch of trophies ready to pop ahead of time on different games. Kind of like the platinum rain events, but a little more extreme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Lol. Best of luck! You don't have to get trophies by playing easy games especially since you could just have a bunch of trophies ready to pop ahead of time on different games. Kind of like the platinum rain events, but a little more extreme.

How do you do this?  My profile is always updating whether I do it myself or not.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

How do you do this?  My profile is always updating whether I do it myself or not.  

For instance, get to the end of a game such as kingdom hearts and beat the game on critical mode on PS4. That would get you 4 trophies at once or get to the last level of soundshapes and not beat the game until the 22nd. I don't actually mean prevent your trophies from popping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

For instance, get to the end of a game such as kingdom hearts and beat the game on critical mode on PS4. That would get you 4 trophies at once or get to the last level of soundshapes and not beat the game until the 22nd. I don't actually mean prevent your trophies from popping.

Oh, okay.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I hope all are well and everyone is getting pumped for the event (game day, baby!). I am more excited to see how everyone does tbh.

I'm totally pumped up!  I'm looking forward to seeing how many trophies I can turn out in one day....anything more than 3 will be a record for me. :awesome:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

No new people joined this week. ?‍♂️ I guess better chances for those participating! Anyways, about 1 more week until sign up. I take ZERO late sign ups, and I have zero empathy who missed the cutoff because this has literally been open for 3 weeks.

I hope all are well and everyone is getting pumped for the event (game day, baby!). I am more excited to see how everyone does tbh.

Its goin to be fun. Hopefully I don't get distracted by... by real life.

• Like 1

The night before seems fine to me. I feel like many people haven't joined because this doesnt show up in the recent forum posts on the homepage as of recent. Lord knows I only click on forum posts I see on the homepage. It gets tucked away so more people don't join and people who already signed up have better chances. Im feeling lucky punk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Just a few more days left to sign up for those interested!

I will tag everyone the night before as a heads up! Does anyone think I should post it sooner?

Maybe 12 hours before, gives everyone time to see it. I've got an alarm set on my phone to remind me, not that I need it, I've already got my day all planned out.

Edited by Deadpool--Rik
Spelling
  • Like 1