Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

Has Dr. Croft unlocked early for anybody else? For me it popped at the end of the cutscene immediately after killing the Nahual and recovering the Champion's Bow. My Lara's Notebook is still at 90% and The Resistance at 88%. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with completing some of the Artifact Collections from the DLC.

Spoiler

p22bxiN.jpg

• 3 months later...

It seems the DLC items still fuck up the game even though I'm playing the patched Definitive Edition. I've just completed the game and Completionist trophy did unlock just fine but Dr.Croft didn't, due to the Andres Lopez photo not unlocking when it should have. Is it even possible to complete the game at 100% if one artifact (even though a story progression one) din't unlock?

edit. Nevermind, Dr.Croft unlocked randomly at the end of the credits, have no clue how it could pop at a completely different time than what was specified in the trophy walkthrough, the photo that I should have obtained in San Juan, according to the guide, appeared after the last scene in the game.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

So… I had to exit game and load back in for Dr. Croft to pop… but Completionist did not.. it says I’m at 98.92% and the last two things I need are two challenges.. but the i game menu screen says they are completed.. this sucks.. even now it’s not fixed  

Edit: I messed up.. the two challenges I was missing I never discovered which meant the icon didn’t show up on the map and seems it doesn’t show up on the list in the touch screen menu.. I noticed the Challeges line didn’t have a green check mark.. went going through it again.. one map said 2/3 and when I checked the list.. I had 2 but I thought it was 2/2. Was I discovered the last two and completed them.. I got the trophy.. sorry about that.. wanted to post if someone makes the same mistake as me

Edited by Sarrias10
Error
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, FinallyGaming_ said:

had to exit game and load back in

I tried this and the completionist trophy thankfully popped. The game was telling me I was missing a document, even though the map showed I collected it and it wasn't there when I went back for it.

• Like 1

Pretty gutted. Finished the game got every collectible but the Pisco Dice mission got me. As it’s still asking me to seek the outlaws despite having it done. So everything is done other than that one side mission technically.

I should’ve checked before I started the game about the glitched mission. I found out when I was already half way through. Well, there goes another game that’ll sit unfinished. ?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Completed and collected everything but in Mission of San Juan, it still said I was missing 2 relics, 1 survival cache and 1 document (I wasn’t). I tried to see if dying and respawning would fix it but instead, I went from 8/9 relics to 7/9!! 

Thankfully closing the game and restarting the game fixed it. As soon as I loaded my 99.4% save file, i automatically had 100% and the trophy for completionist popped.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

Completed and collected everything but in Mission of San Juan, it still said I was missing 2 relics, 1 survival cache and 1 document (I wasn’t). I tried to see if dying and respawning would fix it but instead, I went from 8/9 relics to 7/9!! 

Thankfully closing the game and restarting the game fixed it. As soon as I loaded my 99.4% save file, i automatically had 100% and the trophy for completionist popped.

So, if I encounter the glitch, I just need to close the game app and restart it, then continue playing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

So, if I encounter the glitch, I just need to close the game app and restart it, then continue playing?

Yes, that's what I did when I was on the cusp of achieving 100% - said I had 6/8 caches in San Juan even though I could clearly see I'd unearthed all 8, so I quit and reloaded the game, and that fixed it. Popped Completionist 2 minutes later once I'd gotten the last few things.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had a problem with "Dr. Croft"" due the missing artifact (bug) called "Andrés López photo". This relic is given automatically after San Juan Mission. But, I can confirm that this bug has been fixed in a weird way.

So, having the 100%, "the point where trophy (Dr. Croft) should have popped, according to the trophy walkthrough, Lara's Notebook sits at 90% and the trophy didn't pop".

I had everything else on 100%. And yes, the Andrés López photo was missing. This artifact is given automatically after San Juan's mission. But it did not. So, reading around, I decided to finish the game and get the trophy after the credits. And... BINGO!!! :)

But, before the credits, during the first part of the ending scene, I got "Completionist". Then, during the other part of the scene, I got the ones of end game trophies. After this, the credits rolled and the "Dr. Croft" trophy popped during the after credits scene. 

So funny that I got first "Completionist" and then "Dr. Croft" time after. Should be the way around.

So, do not get stressed. If you are missing this photo, this will happen to you. ;)

• 11 months later...

I'll echo some of the other things people have mentioned but the completionist is kinda bugged but idk if DLC effects or not since I only have the Caiman DLC installed at the moment. I collected 100% of collectibles with my last few items in the Cenote region, the completionist trophy didn't pop and my map showed the my relics in the region at a 4/5 and my documents at a 5/6 even though all 5 and 6 were marked off as being collected. 
I then quit the game then loaded it back up, as soon as I loaded back into my save file the trophy popped. 

TLDR: try quitting then loading back into the game if the completionist trophy does not pop if you know you collected 100% of everything

Edited by wackt1