Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

2 hours ago, Natoosa said:

Whay I mean is this is really an inventory issue , because after I re-downloaded my dlc outfits and weapons , The outfits I found earlier in the crypts but didn't craft wasn't craftable anymore cuz I've reached the limit 

How is that related to collectables that dont appear in your inventory and have nothing to do with outfits??

There shouldnt be a limit to what outfits u can craft, must just be playing up because u were playing with base game, dlc is probly optimised to work with launch update and.so was causing issues with inventory acquired in.base game

I dont know, but collectables have nothing to with inventory, it uses a different mechanic

Edited by optimusmart

Guys listen. My map marks 96% on Mission of San Juan but i already got everything in there so i just try to re take all the items and some of them i could grab again since they were invisible but shows square button to take them again. Still didn’t get the 100% trophy though. 

Edited by Gonzalo267

48 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

How is that related to collectables that dont appear in your inventory and have nothing to do with outfits??

There shouldnt be a limit to what outfits u can craft, must just be playing up because u were playing with base game, dlc is probly optimised to work with launch update and.so was causing issues with inventory acquired in.base game

I dont know, but collectables have nothing to with inventory, it uses a different mechanic

It should use a different mechanic but in my case and many others its how we were able to get these trophies , outfits and weapons affects the counter somehow , the game is a glitchey mess anyway , same with tomb raider 2013 and rise both had many glitchey trophies 

15 minutes ago, Natoosa said:

It should use a different mechanic but in my case and many others its how we were able to get these trophies , outfits and weapons affects the counter somehow , the game is a glitchey mess anyway , same with tomb raider 2013 and rise both had many glitchey trophies 

It should, but it looks like it doesn't. Some developer must have been half assing it and was trying to cut corners. Damn I miss the days when QC actually caught all this crap before it got to the consumers. 

8 hours ago, Natoosa said:

Exactly

Maybe ur right, but personally, I think the glitches are to random to put ur finger on anything. U could follow the exact same route again, but have it glitch this time

U say thats how some of u got the trophy, but others it didnt work for. Its just to random

Without a thorough testing, we cant be sure, like I say, some say the inventory thing.works.for.them,.some say.it.didnt

There are also other apparent fixes where pplayers are.saying.it worked.for.them, and.others saying.it.didnt

Dont think inventory is the cause, but if u.think.it the cause, what are ur thoughts for those players that still had the trophy glitch even with low inventory??

Thing is with random glitches, its easy to think u have found a solution

Theres another apparent workaround here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider/329945-workaround-glitches-dr-croft-completist.html

And if u read post 13, he collected everything on.the way, but nothing.glitched. If the inventory thing was 100% accurate, then it should have glitched for him

EDIT

I remember one proposed method where the guy said to actually collect EVERYTHING u can in an area before moving as that worked for him, I will try it and dig it out

Another thing to bear in mind, is you guys that have gone through the game again with low inventory, did u play the the game in exact the same way, I.e. so we eliminate other variables as well???

One observation I have made, is that most players that play again for this Trophy, dont have it glitch on them no matter what work arounds they follow

What is likely consistent between them all, they are getting through the game faster and doing less

EDIT 2:

Others have had the purple heart thing glitch on them to when crafting

I believe now that rather than inventory causing the glitch, inventory is just another victim of the glitch.

So far there are reports of these being bugged:

SideQuests

Collectables

Inventory

Upgrades

Also, some things ive noticed while completing every area fully abt 5 times before moving on;

One time the wood resources didnt spawn in, I had to checkpoint reload (my inventory was completely, this happened in Peruvian Jungle).

I found the Critters are gltchy af, sometimes I cant collect them, sometimes they run away into walls and another time I picked up 5 in one spot.

The game lets u collect challenge items, even if u have full stock, not sure what happens with that data 

Nothing is safe in this game 

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

Seems there is at least some evidence to support the inventory theory. Btw, ive not nothing against anybody I debated with, I just like to see extensive evidence before I make my mind up, especially when other variables can be at play

Anyway, ive been researching a bit and found info here, where the apparent cause is thoroughly explained and it appears believeable

You wanna read post #127, #144 and #148

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/1742220359690753179/?ctp=3

Now, this seems like the BEST fix we currently have, but dont take it as absolutely bulletproof.

Reason being is that a shared inventory bug doesnt really explain why survival caches are affected. They dont occupy inventory space, unless of course its a the COLLECTABLE background tracker that is bugged with a limit

Also doesnt necessarily explain glitched SQs or challenges, so they could still glitch.

Its also worth noting, that the poster says he couldnt buy anything after reaching the limit. But one poster there says that after reaching the limit, he could still buy weapons......

One more thing he noted is that having a uncrafted outfit is ok, its crafting it that makes it occupy storage space

The poster seems to believe that 332 is the limit, but some have said it glitched on a few less or more.

And because Caches are hit which dont take up space, I think that if the limit is the bug, then its the limit on the background collectible tracker rather than inventory, this may explain how SQs could be affected. After all there are 336 collectibles, whereas he believes the limit is 332

Seems the problem is that equipment and collectables occupy the same background tracker which they shouldnt

CONCLUSIONS

Maintaining low inventory is the best known fix, although perhaps not 100% certainty, seems to be pretty reliable

57 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

The poster seems to believe that 332 is the limit, but some have said it glitched on a few less or more

My first playthrough glitched at 328 , when I loaded an old save it glitched at 332 , maintaining inventory and collecting relics , documents and murals first is how it worked out for me , I didn't playthrough the whole game again btw , just kept trying different methods with my old save till one worked 

10 minutes ago, Natoosa said:

My first playthrough glitched at 328 , when I loaded an old save it glitched at 332 , maintaining inventory and collecting relics , documents and murals first is how it worked out for me , I didn't playthrough the whole game again btw , just kept trying different methods with my old save till one worked 

Maybe on ur 328, u had 4 from SQs done and caches, the 332 seems like an average number

The belief is that collectables share the same space as inventory, which would make 100% impossible as there are 336 collectables. I think its rather inventory using the collectables space, but dont know that limit, perhaps 375 or somet

I dont think its tied exclusively to inventory limit, rather background tracker limit, this may explain the few inconsistencies with it, and also explains why Caches and SQs glitch 

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Ive been completely put off playing shadow of the tomb raider untill they fix this issue. Have they even acknowledged the bug and working on a patch?

I've submitted a ticket to sqare enix support about 5 days ago and they said that they're working on it

Edited by Natoosa

Hi, I've read the whole thread and just joined to say I can't get Completionist due to a single, simple Monolith. Or that's what it looks like. Also, it seems this is a separate, much smaller technical issue (fewer variables) than the whole inventory/artifact mess.

Anyway, I've already got Dr Croft. Save file says 99%. All maps are 100% with every item category maxed, except The Hidden City which says 99% and is missing a single Survival Cache (33/34).

Like a couple of other users here, my problem seems to be that I can't get the "Ferocious warrior" Monolith cache, as I don't get the dig prompt.

The Monolith itself can't be read any longer (no prompt), since it's already read and activated. Like it should be. Its map icon is white, as in not solved, and shows the circle and riddle when highlighted. Unlike Monoliths I've solved, which are dimmed and inactive on the map.

The cache icon isn't shown on the map at all. Monolith caches aren't shown until dug up, as opposed to regular Survival Caches which will show if you have the right map. This indicates that the cache hasn't been found and collected. If it had, it would be on the map but be dimmed. (Right? Can someone who's already got this particular cache please verify?)

At the actual dig site, there's no "mound model" - those are usually spawned after a successful dig and remain there even when you exit the area or reload the game. (Again, I would be grateful if anyone can check this as well.)

But no matter how I try, I can't dig at the appropriate spot, as I don't get the prompt. Or, appropriate spot or not, I've actually gone over the entire cliff island inch by inch while mashing square, to no avail. Suicide, fast travel, restart game or console, finishing the game and returning - it doesn't matter.

Also, it would be interesting to hear if it's exactly the same issues with the other Monolith/s people can't get, someone mentioned San Juan?

3 hours ago, samplerInfo said:

Hi, I've read the whole thread and just joined to say I can't get Completionist due to a single, simple Monolith. Or that's what it looks like. Also, it seems this is a separate, much smaller technical issue (fewer variables) than the whole inventory/artifact mess.

Anyway, I've already got Dr Croft. Save file says 99%. All maps are 100% with every item category maxed, except The Hidden City which says 99% and is missing a single Survival Cache (33/34).

Like a couple of other users here, my problem seems to be that I can't get the "Ferocious warrior" Monolith cache, as I don't get the dig prompt.

The Monolith itself can't be read any longer (no prompt), since it's already read and activated. Like it should be. Its map icon is white, as in not solved, and shows the circle and riddle when highlighted. Unlike Monoliths I've solved, which are dimmed and inactive on the map.

The cache icon isn't shown on the map at all. Monolith caches aren't shown until dug up, as opposed to regular Survival Caches which will show if you have the right map. This indicates that the cache hasn't been found and collected. If it had, it would be on the map but be dimmed. (Right? Can someone who's already got this particular cache please verify?)

At the actual dig site, there's no "mound model" - those are usually spawned after a successful dig and remain there even when you exit the area or reload the game. (Again, I would be grateful if anyone can check this as well.)

But no matter how I try, I can't dig at the appropriate spot, as I don't get the prompt. Or, appropriate spot or not, I've actually gone over the entire cliff island inch by inch while mashing square, to no avail. Suicide, fast travel, restart game or console, finishing the game and returning - it doesn't matter.

Also, it would be interesting to hear if it's exactly the same issues with the other Monolith/s people can't get, someone mentioned San Juan?

If it is the apparent collectibles tracker bug that has hit you, and if its right, then that would likely make this Survival Cache your last collectible u tried to pick up??

Also, have u tried buying armor or crafting one, if the bug has hit you, u should be unable to.craft or buy....??

The other way to fix it, would be to load a save BEFORE you bought something, and not buy it, sounds like u have 1 or 2 outfits/weapons too many. Again, assuming it is the inventory bug.

Id check if u can buy or craft something first, that will tell u if its the inventory bug.

If it is the bug, and u have no earlier save, then u cant fix it.

Theres also a Document in San Juan that can be repeatedly picked up apparently, I wonder if everytime u pick it up, a collectible tracker slot is filled......???

• Like 1

Following in @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui's footsteps, I completed my fourth playthrough utilising his advice, popping both :gold: Completionist and finally :platinum: Chalice of Torment. Here are some things to note from my playthrough:

• I did have the loyalty bonus outfits.
  • The only three things I purchased throughout the playthrough were the knife upgrade, rope ascender, and lockpick (all utensils which are required for certain collectables, of course).
  • I collected everything I could along the way, before progressing the story. This included entering crypts to loot the collectables in there as well.
  • I did not open any sarcophagi until the end of my playthrough, after everything else in each map had been accomplished.
  • I played using the frame, but this was pointless on my end anyway, since my television would trim out the details.
  • I did not examine all of the Artifacts.
  • I skipped as much cutscenes as possible.
  • When entering base camps, I would unlock skills as per usual, however I would not upgrade weapons or change outfits.
  • During one instance, an Artifact I collected still had the ':square:' prompt over it, even though I had picked it up already. I did not attempt picking this collectable up again.
  • I did not collect anything in Croft Manor.
  • Originally, I had the Croft Edition with all of the bonus outfit and weapon DLCs. I deleted the game and my save files, then redownloaded the game to attempt this fourth playthrough, avoiding downloading any of the bonus content.

I would like to thank @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui for providing us with this solution and @Deluziion90 for attempting it with me. I understand this method is not working for everybody, so it's not a definitive fix, but it's a fix no less. I recommend those who are having difficulties with these trophies to try it out, even if the solution hasn't worked for you before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Following in @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui's footsteps, I completed my fourth playthrough utilising his advice, popping both :gold: Completionist and finally :platinum: Chalice of Torment. Here are some things to note from my playthrough:

• I did have the loyalty bonus outfits.
  • The only three things I purchased throughout the playthrough were the knife upgrade, rope ascender, and lockpick (all utensils which are required for certain collectables, of course).
  • I collected everything I could along the way, before progressing the story. This included entering crypts to loot the collectables in there as well.
  • I did not open any sarcophagi until the end of my playthrough, after everything else in each map had been accomplished.
  • I played using the frame, but this was pointless on my end anyway, since my television would trim out the details.
  • I did not examine all of the Artifacts.
  • I skipped as much cutscenes as possible.
  • When entering base camps, I would unlock skills as per usual, however I would not upgrade weapons or change outfits.
  • During one instance, an Artifact I collected still had the ':square:' prompt over it, even though I had picked it up already. I did not attempt picking this collectable up again.
  • I did not collect anything in Croft Manor.
  • Originally, I had the Croft Edition with all of the bonus outfit and weapon DLCs. I deleted the game and my save files, then redownloaded the game to attempt this fourth playthrough, avoiding downloading any of the bonus content.

I would like to thank @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui for providing us with this solution and @Deluziion90 for attempting it with me. I understand this method is not working for everybody, so it's not a definitive fix, but it's a fix no less. I recommend those who are having difficulties with these trophies to try it out, even if the solution hasn't worked for you before.

Glad I was able to help you guys out ?

@optimusmart you dont have to go all "detective" on the solution I provided. Look at my post before, it says "for those that have 100% on all maps, but 99% overall" - that excludes people with 99 or 97% on a specific map due to a collectible that they cannot pick up - that is an entire different glitch (and it is likely due to the fact they cant find the survival cashe rather than being glitched) - I've seen a ton of youtube walkthrough videos on each map and not one comment said "oh this artifact was glitched for me and i cant pick it up". All comments said the walkthrough was helpful in some sort of fashion or another.

Look at what other people posted - artifacts they collected "near the end" did not register, doesnt matter which artifact - clearly this is the inventory issue. Now being the smart kid that you are, you came to the conclusion that "collectibles" shouldnt be inventory. That is correct if you are thinking about Uncharted or any other type of game. You don't know how the developers made this game (i.e. coding), even though collectibles should not be inventory in a perfect world or by common sense - it counts as inventory in this game based on the facts I described and the information I derived.

You dont have to assume inventory is a variable, or assume any other indirect mechanics such as: talking to certain people or doing side missions in a specific order. Or maxing out stock of a survival cashe before picking up the cashe. These have nothing to do with inventory. If you think talking to people or doing side missions in a specific order or not viewing map when you collect backpack has something to do with inventory... idk how stupid you really are. Survival cashes have nothing to do with inventory. Only weapons, outfits, collectibles (relics, morals, documents) have to do with inventory.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

Glad I was able to help you guys out 1f600.png

@optimusmart you dont have to go all "detective" on the solution I provided. Look at my post before, it says "for those that have 100% on all maps, but 99% overall" - that excludes people with 99 or 97% on a specific map due to a collectible that they cannot pick up - that is an entire different glitch (and it is likely due to the fact they cant find the survival cashe rather than being glitched) - I've seen a ton of youtube walkthrough videos on each map and not one comment said "oh this artifact was glitched for me and i cant pick it up". All comments said the walkthrough was helpful in some sort of fashion or another.

Look at what other people posted - artifacts they collected "near the end" did not register, doesnt matter which artifact - clearly this is the inventory issue. Now being the smart kid that you are, you came to the conclusion that "collectibles" shouldnt be inventory. That is correct if you are thinking about Uncharted or any other type of game. You don't know how the developers made this game (i.e. coding), even though collectibles should not be inventory in a perfect world or by common sense - it counts as inventory in this game based on the facts I described and the information I derived.

You dont have to assume inventory is a variable, or assume any other indirect mechanics such as: talking to certain people or doing side missions in a specific order. Or maxing out stock of a survival cashe before picking up the cashe. These have nothing to do with inventory. If you think talking to people or doing side missions in a specific order or not viewing map when you collect backpack has something to do with inventory... idk how stupid you really are. Survival cashes have nothing to do with inventory. Only weapons, outfits, collectibles (relics, morals, documents) have to do with inventory.

I think ur misinterpreting what im saying bud, im not trying to discredit the fix or anything, im just trying to elaborate and dig further

Its not detective, gaming is just a throwaway hobby so most of us dont really pay much attention to the finer detail, I just try to approach the information in a manner I would approach it the real world, not really much more to it

I agree with there being some sort of tracking bug, its just for me, with it being a inventory limit, the flaw is that Survival Caches and Monoliths shouldnt be affected, but they are (they dont occupy inventory space)

This is partially the reason why it may be the 'collectible inventory' rather than equipment inventory, thats all I was theorising.

And the thought with SideQuests challenges etc, is that they also add to the collectable inventory or tracker. I wasnt comparing a SQ to a item, they are different mechanics. Was comparing the fact that they ALL add to the collectible tracker, that could be the attribute that is glitching.them all

There has been reports off almost everything glitching, that the thing these all have in common is that they ALL add to the collectible tracker/inventory

Just theorising that anything that is added to the collectible tracker can become bugged when the limit is exceeded

I agree with the inventory bug, its just to escape any flaws in it, am just theorising that it may be the collectable inventory rather than equipment inventory as that better fits. 

The fix is right, Im not disagreeing with u, just trying to dig further to try and explain some of the flaws, im allowed to right??

Guys my Problem is a bit Different. I do collect all maps to 100% as i saw that Cozumel was not at 100% then i go to Cozumel to Complete that map and all was fine until i Saw that it stuck at 92% in Cozumel because one of the Relics wasnt count but now its Grey and the Box is Open. I try to hit it again but the square buttom dont pop up again so guys what can i do to get the 100% overall? My overall Progress now shows me 99,88% and it shows me 4 sets not Collected:

Laras Notebook 90%

Pantheon oder Götter 87%

Der Wiederstand 88%

Exodus 85%

It look like i have 2 different Glitches xD

Edited by Blackfinity777

Okay, I've read all this but can't seem to find someone having the same issue as me. 

In the Hidden City Location, I have collected all the documents and relics, but it still says I'm missing 4 of each, but I've even counted and recounted the greyed out ones and compared with several maps online so I know I definitely have them. 

Any advice? 

Or shall I just follow everyone else and starts a new game + and work through each zone to get them all. 

1 minute ago, Bexi_Beans said:

Okay, I've read all this but can't seem to find someone having the same issue as me. 

In the Hidden City Location, I have collected all the documents and relics, but it still says I'm missing 4 of each, but I've even counted and recounted the greyed out ones and compared with several maps online so I know I definitely have them. 

Any advice? 

Or shall I just follow everyone else and starts a new game + and work through each zone to get them all. 

You need to read @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui comment, seems like his method works.
The same happened to me, after patch 1.04 i got less documents and relics but the map appears as finished. 
Devs have to think hard about this kind of situation by putting many collectibles. sometimes its better to put a few or not to include them in the trophies, its boring to have to do everything again

Its just about developement i played so many games with a big ammount of collectibles and i never had bugs like in Rise of Tomb Shadow of Tomb or The Crew.... btw they are Game and Fun Breaking bugs or Glitches. I mean The Batman Games Specialy Arkham Knight with a bug ammount of Riddles never Bug like this Shit