EU Store no pre-order available

15 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

It's still not out here (The Netherlands) but I thought I read that the US version cost $35

Release EU will be 25th of October.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/22/new-on-playstation-store-this-week-red-dead-redemption-2-castlevania-requiem-more/

Edit:

There was already a topic for pre order thingies, started by myself.

Edited by Trellgoth

19 hours ago, Fumaku said:

any idea what it will cost? might take it up next month

It's pretty expensive in the US ($35). 

Also, purely tangential, but it looks like tri-Ace itself is publishing the remake (not Sega, e.g., who published the game on PS3). I feel like there's some sort of conflict between them and Squeenix these days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's pretty expensive in the US ($35). 

Also, purely tangential, but it looks like tri-Ace itself is publishing the remake (not Sega, e.g., who published the game on PS3). I feel like there's some sort of conflict between them and Squeenix these days. 

It's not unusual for tri-ace to self-publish, they've done so in the past

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's not unusual for tri-ace to self-publish, they've done so in the past

True. It's just the timing of these things, coupled with the fact that tri-Ace has gotten into the mobile game, but not as a developer for Square. Square also seems to be asserting its licenses for Star Ocean rather quietly.

To be honest, I would love for them to go more independent. I feel like the Square-Enix merger was never good for tri-Ace (which flourished under Enix, but started to sag when Square joined them). To this day, I still feel that their work on Lightning Returns was really just cannibalized from a potential VP3. And their work on Star Ocean 5? Well, let's not even talk about that mediocrity.

Edited by starcrunch061

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

True. It's just the timing of these things, coupled with the fact that tri-Ace has gotten into the mobile game, but not as a developer for Square. Square also seems to be asserting its licenses for Star Ocean rather quietly.

To be honest, I would love for them to go more independent. I feel like the Square-Enix merger was never good for tri-Ace (which flourished under Enix, but started to sag when Square joined them). To this day, I still feel that their work on Lightning Returns was really just cannibalized from a potential VP3. And their work on Star Ocean 5? Well, let's not even talk about that mediocrity.

Tri-ace was never owned by square though. They were an independent studio until 2015 when they were purchased by nepro Japan a mobile game company

Also Square Enix own the rights to Star Ocean anyways

I honestly think Tri-ace started to sag after Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile, although Infinite Undiscovery is pretty good, none of the Star Ocean games after 2 are any good

Edited by SnowxSakura

12 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I read that there are a few countries that won't get the game. Just hope Holland isn't one of them

Just checked the blog and it says the following:

RESONANCE OF FATE 4K/HD EDITION (Australia, Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland & UK)
25th October

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/22/new-on-playstation-store-this-week-red-dead-redemption-2-castlevania-requiem-more/

Another entry for RoF isn't listed. Guess you are out of luck for now. :\