Which 4 active sword skills did you use?

Erkawest

Would be interesting to know if anybody bothered with the second wheel. I myself only used these 4 warrior skills the entire game, didn't need the test

Triangle: Poison sword

Square: Flame sword

Circle: Second wind (heal)

X: Spartan kick

I barely used ranged active skills as they didn't help much imo. Only the bow special was good AoE damage during battleground fights

Just now, Erkawest said:

Oh so you didn't use poison/flame at all? Using those was like the only good damage output, without them you barely made any damage lol

Nope cause Alexios had a tendency to set himself on fire anyway so wasn't messing with that. Same with the poison.

Well that probably explains why it took me 96 hours to plat the game lol. Had to level up more to get through a few missions.

12 minutes ago, Feral said:

Nope cause Alexios had a tendency to set himself on fire anyway so wasn't messing with that. Same with the poison.

Well that probably explains why it took me 96 hours to plat the game lol. Had to level up more to get through a few missions.

Took me 68h, my swords were either on poison or fire every fight and used the other after cooldowns etc, until lvl 3 when I could use permanent flame boosts on the sword. The flames melted through the enemies.

Best was using flame/poison boost and then doing the special attack, the damage was crazy this way

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Took me 68h, my swords were either on poison or fire every fight and used the other after cooldowns etc, until lvl 3 when I could use permanent flame boosts on the sword. The flames melted through the enemies.

Best was using flame/poison boost and then doing the special attack, the damage was crazy this way

Nice! Just roasting all your foes lol.

Can imagine that it made taking down Medusa, the Minotaur & co pretty easy then.

:triangle: - Battle Cry of Ares

:square: - Shield Breaker

:circle: - Second Wind

:cross: - Rush Assassination

I know :cross: doesn't technucally count for the topic but we loved the ability for closing the distance as well as being able to get up or down a wall smoothly while killing.

It was different here and there but that was the final set and we didn't utilize the second weapon wheel because more times than not it got in the way.

For those wondering why we didn't have poison/fire on it's because we had a set of legendary daggers with an auto poison ability. We set ourselves on fire more than our enemies so we stopped using it, and engraved a weapon here and there with auto poison. (I don't remember the name but it turned weapon damage into poison damage.)

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Oh so you didn't use poison/flame at all? Using those was like the only good damage output, without them you barely made any damage lol

Pfft, my damage output was lying within the overpower ability, very useful that.

But yeah, mine were the Bull Rush, Second Wind, Shield Breaker... and the 4th can change every so often.  Can't remember which I have on, but it's one I wouldn't really use compared to the other three.

Bull Rush is good for crowd control and Shield Breaker, very useful for shielded enemies... man I hate those sort of enemies x.x

31 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Pfft, my damage output was lying within the overpower ability, very useful that.

But yeah, mine were the Bull Rush, Second Wind, Shield Breaker... and the 4th can change every so often.  Can't remember which I have on, but it's one I wouldn't really use compared to the other three.

Bull Rush is good for crowd control and Shield Breaker, very useful for shielded enemies... man I hate those sort of enemies x.x

Just think of my 68h without even purchasing shieldbreaker. Those heavy armored Cult guards were the worst. But usually R2 or jumping behind them did the trick

• Like 1

Just now, Erkawest said:

Just think of my 68h without even purchasing shieldbreaker. Those heavy armored Cult guards were the worst. But usually R2 or jumping behind them did the trick

Yeah, I try to flank enemies whenever I can, but sometimes my timing's not the best, so that just made them more easy to deal with... especially ones with the larger shields.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I try to flank enemies whenever I can, but sometimes my timing's not the best, so that just made them more easy to deal with... especially ones with the larger shields.

Let's say I preferred the challenge... Lol. Well Spartan kick on captains standing close to edges was great.

I remember an epic moment when I stood on top of a building, lured enemies to climb up to the roof then just kicked them down to the death. Was an easy way to clear outposts

Just now, Erkawest said:

Let's say I preferred the challenge... Lol. Well Spartan kick on captains standing close to edges was great.

I remember an epic moment when I stood on top of a building, lured enemies to climb up to the roof then just kicked them down to the death. Was an easy way to clear outposts

Oh, I did that once, there was a captain there, I tried fighting him, he was getting annoying to deal with... so I just kicked him off the cliff.  It was a fort at the edge of a cliff I was in (too bad I died not long after trying to kill the leader in the fort xD ).

My main wheel was. 

X: Hero Strike

Square: Shield Breaker

Circle: Ring of Chaos

Triangle: Second Wind

My second wheel only has Spartan Kick on X.

I also engraved my dual daggers to have poison damage and engraved my two handed hammer to have fire damage. My bow also shoots fire arrows but I engraved it with the ability that lowers overpower attacks to 2 adrenaline.

In combat I generally just use the daggers and focus on dodging. I use Hero Strike whenever it's up and I'll use Shield Breaker on any heavy shields. If my Adrenaline is full or I'm fighting an enemy with fire I'll use my overpower attack with my dagger.

If I'm getting surrounded by basic enemies I'll use Ring of Chaos to clear them out. I'll also use it to stun a high health mercenary if they are doing a heavy attack.

If I'm getting surrounded by tougher enemies I'll use overpower with my hammer since it can hit four enemies per overpower use.

This is my late game build. Took me a while to come up with this setup but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Just realized you can actually double up abilities.

Oh wow, had no idea of that. Would have been good knowing when you wanted to just switch out one or two skills and keep the rest, like exchange Spartan Kick for Shield Breaker