Is it worth trying to go for platinum from scratch in 2018?

HMS_Victor

I've never properly played a GTA game in my life. I've just messed about in some of the older ones on friends consoles and PCs like Vice City, Liberty City Stories and GTA IV. I've always thought I'm never going to bother trying this game because I didn't want an game on my trophy list that I couldn't platinum. But as I'm getting older now, I realise I'm missing out on good games because of this. I've started getting more into open world games now so I figure why skip out on the series that is basically the king of open world games. I just platinumed Red Dead Redemption and I want to try more Rockstar games.

My question is it possible to start playing now and get the multiplayer trophies and platinum and is it reasonable to expect to get it or will you have to dedicate all your time to it for the platinum?

• Like 2

I haven’t touched the mp since 2014 however I could only assume you would have to boost almost everything as I did back then. Everything is still obtainable atm and no word of it closing (though I can’t imagine it will stay up too much longer)

Be ready to dedicate a lot of time to the mp and researching AWP as it has a chance of glitching. 

Read @ProfBambam55‘s guide for the best advice to the mp in its current state. He’s pretty much the expert in this game and helped me out quite a lot. 

• 1 month later...

I would, the game is worth it and it's one of the harder platinums to get and one of the special ones.

I just last year got the last Multiplayer Trophies out of the way. Now i go back every few months to do everything related to the 100%.

Just did all the 200 flying rats and now i'm doing all the monster stunts. The Single Player stuff for getting the 100% (besides maybe the flying rats) is fun.

Most of the Side Missions i never did before so they are in a way new to me.  

• 2 months later...

It probably took me about 10 hours of gameplay to meet all requirements for AWP, but I didn't run into any glitches and I had some very helpful partners. You will need a dedicated partner to go through the races (you need to win over 100), and 1-3 partners to go through the remaining MP modes. The requirements for fly the co-op are pretty challenging especially if you don't use the optimal strategies. On top of that you're looking at another 5-50 hours boosting to reach max level, depending on your method. The quicker methods require quite a bit of memorizing and set up.

In conclusion, it's doable but definitely not easy or quick. 

Edit: I managed to go from level 5 to level 10 in about 3 full BDB2 glitch runs, earning ~1,750,000 in less than an hour (each run) with a good boosting partner. This is by far the quickest method but as I mentioned requires some set up and a semi-competent and reliable partner. 

Edited by Poindexter2291

• 3 months later...

I will do GTA IV and GTA V from scratch in 2k19.. So why not? I expect it is totally durable depending on how much time you have and how experienced/quick you're to hunt trophies. Early days of trophy support I was terrible. It took me several years to get my first plat! Now 5 years late I got 26 legit platinums and I speed up all the time. ATM, I do like 1-2 platinums each month or something like that I think. Despite I play some a lot of older and harder titles. GTA are hard but there are way harder platinums that been made fairly fast. But sure it's not an "easy" platinum. The worst thing can happen is that you won't be efficient enough and they drop the online support.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A-Rebirth said:

I will do GTA IV and GTA V from scratch in 2k19.. So why not? I expect it is totally durable depending on how much time you have and how experienced/quick you're to hunt trophies. Early days of trophy support I was terrible. It took me several years to get my first plat! Now 5 years late I got 26 legit platinums and I speed up all the time. ATM, I do like 1-2 platinums each month or something like that I think. Despite I play some a lot of older and harder titles. GTA are hard but there are way harder platinums that been made fairly fast. But sure it's not an "easy" platinum. The worst thing can happen is that you won't be efficient enough and they drop the online support.

If you do gta 5 on ps3, you wont be able to get platinum.

4 hours ago, SpyroChampion said:

If you do gta 5 on ps3, you wont be able to get platinum.

Why? Is it unattainable!? :/ I can't find any information about that.

EDIT: Now I see what you're talking about. However there seems to be a method that is accepted by PSNP moderators (without using a mod menu).

See the end of this thread:

Edited by A-Rebirth

• 2 weeks later...

Now I see that the user in that thread been shut down. Obviously not a legitime answer from that guy. Obviously it's not allowed to pay a hacker to get it done. But I guess GTA V is still attainable on  PS4!? So then I will sell GTA V on PS3 and simply get it on PS4 instead. I'm happy I did not start the game yet. I will focus to finnish GTA IV on PS3 now first then...

Edited by A-Rebirth

• 3 months later...