Why are so many people in a hurry?

RiverBeaver

9 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

you become throttled through the entire game and thats the absolute worst. just when you start beginning to have your own pace, your suddenly slowed down. it becomes extremely boring. i have had the game on pause for hours at a time because its exhausting. is hould be able to be more free to move at a quicker pace. i want to play more and not be forced to watch a bunch of slow talking and take forever to grab a bowl of soup. and god forbid you accidently bring your horse in the camp without being yelled at. and when your on a mission trying to loot corpses your constantly being yelled at to HURRY UP, yet the rest of the time your constantly being throttled to move as slow as fkn possible. 

This. Maybe people try to play fast to compensate for the slow gameplay ;) I actually wish I was more in a hurry at the beginning, I would enjoy the game longer. Right now I'm at 51% of the story and I'm getting a bit sick of it to be honest. All the horse riding and slow moments killed it for me. I'm very curious about the rest of the story but I find myself caring less and less about all the side stuff (including trophies). The game looks great, tons of animations and a big world, it's nice on the surface, but it you look deeper - you can't really do much in that world in terms of gameplay. I'm not saying RDR2 is bad, but it's nowhere near a 10/10 game and after a while it's often quite boring. 

I think some people are mainly interested in the story and that's why they're progressing through it faster than others. I can completely understand that because the story is pretty well done. The only thing I can't understand is people killing themselves over the gold medal trophy by replaying missions countless times without even playing through the game first.

• Like 1

Well, I have 50+ hours on the game already and I'm at 45% story completion. I'm using a guide just to be careful and not miss some trophy locking me out of the platinum, but that's it, just a list to assure all the side missions are complete (missing a side missing on a 60h story is soooo awful). I'm taking my sweet time fishing and hunting down those perfect pelts. Hunting is probably my favorite activity in the game... Something about it that is so fascinating ahah

4 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

Reading this forum i feel like a lot of people are in a hurry to complete the game, and I see people even getting angry/scared they miss something for a trophy. ?
This game was in production for 7+ years, I don't mind that people want to finish they story line quick or something, but i feel with this game (RDR2 Forum) many people are freaking out on here.

Don't forget to enjoy the game guys and girls.
Have fun. ?

So people that don't want to miss a trophy are according to you rushing the game? Where do you get that from? Might have to do with the story beeing 60+ hours and they don't want to replay it again for a single trophy. yeah it's a great game but having to redo story simply for a trophy might be a little to much time for most people. 

I have no idea where you get the everyone in the RDR2 forum is rushing the game. Asking for advice for a really grindy potentially missable trophy has nothing at all to do with rushing. By your logic anyone using a trophy guide is rushing through the game. So what if the game was in productions for 150 years doesn't matter either, people don't rush games simply because they took long to develop... I see you played all minigames by chapter 2 so that must mean you are rushing the game...

Edited by Quink666

I've been taking my time with it, because people reported missable trophies. For a game like it, where the story takes a long time and the longest trophy could be missable, I wanted to make sure I proceeded with caution. I was relieved to get Lending a Hand when I expected it, so I think I should be able to finish the story in the next day or two. I might then go for the 70 golds, by the time I'm done with that, I hope someone has made a good guide for the animals. 

I mean, there's a lot to enjoy about the game, be it from a story perspective or just riding around in the world and seeing some of the weird stuff that happens so I don't think there's really any right way to "enjoy" a game of this scope since there's plenty of stuff to see and do, and that does include finishing what appears to be a very interesting story. I probably spent about 20 hours on chapter 2 (and before anyone mentions it, I'm on Xbox), and just started chapter 3 tonight, but after spending so much time in the open world, I'm ready to plow through the story because it's got me hooked now.

As far as missable trophies go... well.. I can understand someone not wanting to play through a 60 hour campaign (plus 100% requirements) only to have to do it all over again because of one thing they missed, but I don't necessarily think that means they aren't having fun, but to each their own. I personally would never platinum this game, because a glance at the list and it looks absolutely nightmarish and tedious (RDR1 was, and will probably remain the only R* game I have and will ever platinum) and I'm playing it on Xbox where I don't care about achievements that much, but... as said... to each their own. It's not like the platinum is going anywhere right now, anyway, since the online function isn't even available yet.

Edited by iamjax

I'm still in chapter 2. Huntings taken over along with other challenges and I'll do the occasional mission or just explore and speak to strangers. Enjoying the game and I've not found it grindy yet. 

I get why people might "rush" it, they want to see the ending then come back for trophies once they've got a better feel for the game.

Me personally, I was gutted when the first game ended so I maybe that's why I'm taking my time with this one. I'm just delaying the inevitable so far and getting as many trophies as I can along the way.

17 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

then dont sync your trophies if you care about what the gamers want. you guys get games earlier to make a living off creating guides, we play the games to use your guides to earn trophies. so let us get the trophies lol

Your logic just killed me, I will stop hunting from now on so you sir can feel better about it. Oh and just for your information, I don't make a living out of if, I have a normal job and take care of the guides in my free time as a hobby you could say.

I will stop syncing my trophies from now and so someone else can get a hard one because he moved up one position in the first achievers leaderboards :P