Is the 'Double Platinum' Auto-Pop Considered Cheating and Flagged?

XxSweetRevengexX

Hey all! This is my first post on these fourms, and I have looked around and no where can I find the 'rules' for cheating. Obviously hacking will get you flagged, but if I auto-pop my trophies on my vita/ps3, will I get flagged as a cheater or a hacker? Obviously if al the trophies popped within seconds of eachother, thats sketchy and idk if the filter will find that as hacking. Anyways, thanks.

Well, lots of people did that on Sound Shapes and Sly 4, some even without wanting to, but it's not considered cheating, because the game itself allows it, it's your save file and you already platted the game in 1 of the consoles so you won't get banned.

Just the simple fact that you had to ask the community lets me know that deep down inside you feel it's kinda lame.  Friends i know who have done said that's how they felt when they did it the first and every time after.  But it's your profile so do what you wanna do.  Like others have said, i'm in that "other half" who frown upon it.

Basically i look at as "legal hacking" since it's from your own save data and this is coming from a "so-called" cheater who did the first instant save glitch games Socom/Fuel 3.5 years ago when they surfaced without the "mentality" that i was about to cheat or get an unfair advantage.  Everyone had an opinion when i did this back in the day, so now i just express my opinions on matters the trophy community is split-up about.  Which usually means i'm going against the grain! 

Once again, do whatever makes you happy.  Just know that the "other half" may express their feelings to you in the future, so don't be surprised when it happens like i was many moons ago lol.

• Like 1

getting frowned upon? thats just rediculous.

If you dont let them autopop and do it all twice they will still think you let them autopop so theres no point.

They could always just look at your trophy list and see the trophies were spread out over several hours instead of a few seconds.

I wouldn't worry about this. There are a lot of people who have done the double plat thing on this site.

Just the simple fact that you had to ask the community lets me know that deep down inside you feel it's kinda lame.  Friends i know who have done said that's how they felt when they did it the first and every time after.  But it's your profile so do what you wanna do.  Like others have said, i'm in that "other half" who frown upon it.

Basically i look at as "legal hacking" since it's from your own save data and this is coming from a "so-called" cheater who did the first instant save glitch games Socom/Fuel 3.5 years ago when they surfaced without the "mentality" that i was about to cheat or get an unfair advantage.  Everyone had an opinion when i did this back in the day, so now i just express my opinions on matters the trophy community is split-up about.  Which usually means i'm going against the grain! 

Once again, do whatever makes you happy.  Just know that the "other half" may express their feelings to you in the future, so don't be surprised when it happens like i was many moons ago lol.

very true

@texasboi727

NO I don't feel it's lame, I just don't want to get flagged.

It's not 'legal hacking'. Hacking implies I'm entering code or using someone else's save file as my own to get trophies. These are my trophies which I earned on my save final for my game on both my systems. So calling it 'legal hacking' is idiotic.

I don't see anything wrong with it, if I start a game on my vita, earn some trophies and transfer my save over to my ps3 to continue and the trophies pop again, I really dont see what the problem is, this is the way the developers have designed it isnt it, to have two identical trophy lists for the same game.

Its the same with the double regional plats, if you have enough money and time to go to the trouble of earning this said plat twice that up to you and I dont class it as cheating or frown upon it at all, you play how you want to play.

• Like 3

I have done it with Sound Shapes and Sly 4 and I don't think there is a problem with it. As Sparky says the whole idea of cross-play is to play on both systems (at home and on the go) now if you do it that way you have no control over the trophies unlocking because it happens as soon as you cross save.

Now in my instance I beat both Sly and Sound Shapes while I was out of town so when I got home I just uploaded my save filed onto my PS3 and got the trophies as well.It is a feature built into game that Sony is encouraging you to use (since you usually get the free vita copy with the purchase of the ps3 copy).

• 4 months later...

I agree with CHAR MAN DUH Dr_Mayus. It is how developers designed the game and not 'hacking' in any ways. That being said, I think giving double trophies for the same game would potentially devalue trophies. I want SONY to come up with a solution to share a single trophy list between PS3 and Vita for cross play.