Kitty Got Wet trophy unobtainable?

biokam

17 minutes ago, olliebear66t said:

They asked for this forum thread after I explained it was happening to everyone and not due to being unable to find anyone in matchmaking so just sent them that now. Just keeping you updated.

Thanks for keeping it up. Persistence is key for things like this.

• Like 2

I got the same exact message from support regarding peer to peer servers and that it'd work if people were there to play with. I am 99.9% sure that's utter horseshit considering the server error comes up before you even have a chance to search. I am willing to try it if someone one would like to though. Send me a friend request with Uncharted ufff and we can try searching at the exact same time. At least we can confirm its bollocks and I can tell them when I email them back

2 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I got the same exact message from support regarding peer to peer servers and that it'd work if people were there to play with. I am 99.9% sure that's utter horseshit considering the server error comes up before you even have a chance to search. I am willing to try it if someone one would like to though. Send me a friend request with Uncharted ufff and we can try searching at the exact same time. At least we can confirm its bollocks and I can tell them when I email them back

I believe it is peer to peer, but it is broken. I have two vitas and I have tried multiple times. Sorry guys.

As it turns out, it appears the do servers do actually work. Just not well enough to get anything done. Tried connecting at the same time as @mattman0702 last night and was getting different errors when searching for random and versus games. "Connecting to game failed" "matchmaking failed" instead of the usual "error connecting to server" then we actually managed to get an invite through to each other which we've never managed before

http://imgur.com/tWp8Ljf

Was even able to play a move

http://imgur.com/0eLYqAI

http://imgur.com/EONOVXQ

That's where it ended though. The game would register the other players move through the in game notification system but the server would hang on updating games and the game list would never progress past the waiting for rival move stage. We both managed to win a game by the other player timing out but alas that did not count for the trophy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

As it turns out, it appears the do servers do actually work. Just not well enough to get anything done. Tried connecting at the same time as @mattman0702 last night and was getting different errors when searching for random and versus games. "Connecting to game failed" "matchmaking failed" instead of the usual "error connecting to server" then we actually managed to get an invite through to each other which we've never managed before

http://imgur.com/tWp8Ljf

Was even able to play a move

http://imgur.com/0eLYqAI

http://imgur.com/EONOVXQ

That's where it ended though. The game would register the other players move through the in game notification system but the server would hang on updating games and the game list would never progress past the waiting for rival move stage. We both managed to win a game by the other player timing out but alas that did not count for the trophy

Yep, just as I said in my last post.

7 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Right, well I wasn't sure as nobody has ever mentioned ever getting beyond the initial error message before

Yeah unfortunately the peer to peer connection isn’t stable. I saw everything you did when I tried. It sucks, but I don’t think we can do anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, gamingslegend said:

https://discord.gg/HMA3ru

Discord server for this game

I honestly think this is done. I have two vitas and I try everyday. It is a bummer, but I am moving on. I am glad I didn’t start the game online, but it makes me really cautious about older stuff these days. Online first for me moving forward.

• Like 1

I had another email from them saying there's no reason why they shouldn't work and they are unable to replicate the problem. Seriously!?! They even offered me a refund so if you've bought it and are yet to play it there's a solution there if you can get them to offer you the same thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I had another email from them saying there's no reason why they shouldn't work and they are unable to replicate the problem. Seriously!?! They even offered me a refund so if you've bought it and are yet to play it there's a solution there if you can get them to offer you the same thing. 

I got that exact same email this morning.

Just now, olliebear66t said:

I got that exact same email this morning.

Lol They refuse to even acknowledge it's a problem outside of my issue yet they send the same email to two different people. They could replicate it by just booting the game and trying to play

Just now, Cleggworth said:

Lol They refuse to even acknowledge it's a problem outside of my issue yet they send the same email to two different people. They could replicate it by just booting the game and trying to play

Yeah, I don't know what else to do. I just sent them another link to this thread as well as asking them specifically if they connected 2 ps vitas over a network and were able to play so yeah not looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

Bend Studios is having an AMA on May 22nd at 2PM PT:

Yeah, forget a game that just came out on PS4, we need answers about a game they published that has multiplayer servers and on the Vita. Enough of this "We don't know why it's not working" mess. Put them on the spot. It is an AMA after all....

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Would someone please report the guy that finished the game in 10 seconds? He allegedly got Kitty got wet in May 2019...lol

If the option to report him isn't there it's because its already been reported ?

In other news, they processed my refund today. Shame it ended like this but it's something at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

If the option to report him isn't there it's because its already been reported 1f44d.png

In other news, they processed my refund today. Shame it ended like this but it's something at least. 

That's sad news. I guess i will do that as well than. Seems they aren't going to fix this one :(. What contact did you use for your refund?

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

That's sad news. I guess i will do that as well than. Seems they aren't going to fix this one :(. What contact did you use for your refund?

I was emailing support and they offered it when they decided they couldn't replicate the problem I was having. I guess it's cheaper to offer refunds to those few who complain than to actually fix them. Even more so now considering the recent server closure announcements