How level up 50

Waraneasy

1 hour ago, Arcesus7 said:

Oh, I can confirm it has been patched. And so has the initial method of restarting the checkpoint during the last story mission over and over... 

As far as I know, there is no 10k+ XP method at the moment. The best you can do solo, besides being great at PvP, is about 4500 XP per hour (plus belt buckle awards unlocked during the grind). For me, that's 6 more levels, or equivalently 6 more hours of mindless grinding for XP. What a shame, after such a mostly great single player experience. 

Thanks mate.

Im totally awfull at pvp so it’s going to be hell to reach out 50 lvl :/

36 minutes ago, jorge_carpio88 said:

I will never reach level 50, Read Dead Online is dreadful 1f644.png I hope they release some single player DLC, since the campaign was amazing! 

Me probably neither.... I’m lvl 23 and it’s so boring to do the same stuff over and over. I’m turning on that only to do day challenges + one or two races. Worst is that RDR online servers are consistently kicking me off, sometimes I can play for hours and sometimes I’m kicked 4 times in one hour. All other games working fine :/ because of that I don’t have even mood to do 70 gold mission trophy.

• Like 1

I have 2 trophies left in this game, one is crafting ammo online, and one is the LVL 50 trophy, and sadly, I am putting this plat on hold until this game gets better. I have been playing the online for a few days grinding xp and after the update, there is almost no good way to grind to lvl 50. It does break me a bit because I am so close to the plat, but currently, the online is a disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dinstar123456789 said:

I have 2 trophies left in this game, one is crafting ammo online, and one is the LVL 50 trophy, and sadly, I am putting this plat on hold until this game gets better. I have been playing the online for a few days grinding xp and after the update, there is almost no good way to grind to lvl 50. It does break me a bit because I am so close to the plat, but currently, the online is a disaster.

I mean, if you only have TWO trophies remaining, go for it! I´m at 70% with Red Dead Redemption, I have no intention whatsoever to go for the platinum. For the crafting ammo, just buy the recipe, I think you can at level 25 or a little higher, and just grind it. I get it, red dead online is a snooze fest. BUT you are so close for the platinum that you should grind it out! The platinum for that game is a really respectable one! I won´t go for the 70 gold medals, or study all the animals trophy, and complete all the challenges, therefore for me it makes no sense to reach level 50 on the online mode.

Edited by jorge_carpio88

3 hours ago, lebrykgebryk said:

Thanks mate.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do another double xp weekend or week soon.

3 hours ago, dinstar123456789 said:

Give it time especially being so close. They're putting out new stuff every Tuesday, so hopefully that'll make it more interesting.

I just managed to level up 3 level yesterday... in about 6 hours... it's fuucking annoying. My weapons never hit the head, no matter how precise i am. And every enemie hits me one-shot every freaking shot. But i didn't care and just went on. Sometimes i joined matches (showdown large) where i could choose a double barrel shotgun, and this was the only way killing people for me. Unfortunately you just can't choose your game mode so i bought a double barrel shotgun for all modes i have free choice of weapons. Now i can just run around and pump peoples ass off und get around 25 kills a round. Still annoying but 600-1000 xp a game (Game mode bonus ~300-400xp + Kills 300-600xp depends on how much kills you get). Makes it more enjoyable and way faster.

Now i can get like 1 level per hour. Sometimes more, sometimes less... depends on my sweaty opponents.

The shotgun is just amazing and if you are not fimiliar with this fuucking auto-aim - right stick up - instant headshot shitty mechanic... just buy a shotgun. My only advise i can give here to make it less annoying. It's like pressing L2 and double tapping R2 for insta kills. No need to aim for headshots with your right stick. Just use the crappy auto-aim mechanic for your adventage. Still effective on ~20 meters.

Edited by Katzen147
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Katzen147 said:

I just managed to level up 3 level yesterday... in about 6 hours... it's fuucking annoying. My weapons never hit the head, no matter how precise i am. And every enemie hits me one-shot every freaking shot. But i didn't care and just went on. Sometimes i joined matches (showdown large) where i could choose a double barrel shotgun, and this was the only way killing people for me. Unfortunately you just can't choose your game mode so i bought a double barrel shotgun for all modes i have free choice of weapons. Now i can just run around and pump peoples ass off und get around 25 kills a round. Still annoying but 600-1000 xp a game (Game mode bonus ~300-400xp + Kills 300-600xp depends on how much kills you get). Makes it more enjoyable and way faster.

Hmm 25 kills per round in a large Showdown is pretty damn good! Using special ammo and Dead Eye that's a lot of XP right there. Pitty that one cannot choose the game mode to play... 

I'm currently rank 49 with 2000 XP left for rank 50, so should get this plat tonight when I get home from work. In total I spent roughtly 52h on Red Dead Online.. the first 10h were actually quite enjoyable, but with the lack of content playing for so long has been rough. Especially since when I started grinding for ranks the belt buckle method had already been patched out, the lawman kills nerfed (no saddle sore / death rider / headshot bonus) and the last story mission exploit didn't work anymore. So I needed to find ways to stay entertained and efficient. 

Make sure to ALWAYS accept invites to Free Roam events.. most players there ain't the PvP gods you'll see in the large Showdown matches, so getting kills there is pretty easy. Don't even bother trying to win the thing, just go for kills. Yesterday I had a "Dispatch Rider" game where I ended up with 25 kills (and I won the game, but that only gave 100 additional XP or so). That's 25 XP per kill + 5 (Headshot) + 5 (Death Rider) + 5 (Saddle Sore) + 5 (Special Ammo) + 5 (Dead Eye) for a total of up to 50 XP per kill! With the additional 300 XP or so for simply participating, that's something between 1000 and 1550 XP for 10 minutes of actual fun. 

Otherwise, what I also did for quite some time is running around Braithwaite Manor killing guards with my knife. That's 5 XP per kill + 10 (Melee) + 10 (Execution). They nerfed almost all bonuses from killing lawman, but not executions and melee. With an optimal route you can get about 150 XP every 2 minutes. When it starts raining all guards dissappear, so then I usually tried to play the last story mission, do some daily challenges or join some PvP lobby. Honestly, I suck at PvP and don't have any ability cards. But I can recommend buying the Lancaster Repeater and fully upgrading it. I refused to do so for the longest time and would always play with the Carabine Repeater. Since I bought the Lancaster, I get a lot more kills per round, so even if I don't win the game it's still a good way to break the monotony. 

Good luck everyone! Keep at it! :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Hmm 25 kills per round in a large Showdown is pretty damn good! Using special ammo and Dead Eye that's a lot of XP right there. Pitty that one cannot choose the game mode to play...

Never used dead eye, thanks for the advise. The Pumpgun one-shots anyway, so i just can use dead eye to increase my XP. I feel like how annoyed my opponents are when i pump them to death with just one burst and they have absolutly no chance to counter this, because i don't have to aim (for heads). Hopefully i have fun for the next 10 hours or so using this method. Still a bad online game experience, but i try do make it less boring.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, jorge_carpio88 said:

I mean, if you only have TWO trophies remaining, go for it! I´m at 70% with Red Dead Redemption, I have no intention whatsoever to go for the platinum. For the crafting ammo, just buy the recipe, I think you can at level 25 or a little higher, and just grind it. I get it, red dead online is a snooze fest. BUT you are so close for the platinum that you should grind it out! The platinum for that game is a really respectable one! I won´t go for the 70 gold medals, or study all the animals trophy, and complete all the challenges, therefore for me it makes no sense to reach level 50 on the online mode.

IDK if I was super lucky, but this Spoils of War game mode is amazing for XP. I am gonna go back to the grind, but I will take my time and not burn myself out like I did previously. I am gonna go slowly, and will work towards it.

• Like 1

On 11.03.2019 at 2:14 AM, lebrykgebryk said:

Thanks mate.

So play freeroam missions till you become expirienced player and earn enough cash to buy the hot staff. Buy bolt action rifle  asap and fully uppgrade it. Best weapon for freeroam missions

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dinstar123456789 said:

IDK if I was super lucky, but this Spoils of War game mode is amazing for XP. I am gonna go back to the grind, but I will take my time and not burn myself out like I did previously. I am gonna go slowly, and will work towards it.

I guess you mean because of all the kills you can get per game? Because the reward is only about 300XP per game, and that is if you win the match... But yeah the maps are soooo open that it's easy to just go about killing everything you see. ? 

22 hours ago, IoIly said:

So play freeroam missions till you become expirienced player and earn enough cash to buy the hot staff. Buy bolt action rifle  asap and fully uppgrade it. Best weapon for freeroam missions

Thanks. Will try. 

What's frustrating me - that it's hard to compete with guys that have 50-100 lvls higher than you. I wish i have start online earlier - before maxing single player, now it's more harder than back in november.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lebrykgebryk said:

Thanks. Will try. 

What's frustrating me - that it's hard to compete with guys that have 50-100 lvls higher than you. I wish i have start online earlier - before maxing single player, now it's more harder than back in november.

You need to uppgrade your abilty cards and weapons, get access to express ammo. I dont have a lot of pvp expirience but i kill easy any player who attack me during freeroam mission. I easy destroy even 4 people's passe if i have mission to destroy passe cause i got access to explosive ammo. You need patience. Play freeroam missions to get $ and gold. Finish mission when the time is almost expire to get max reward. You can hunt to get extra $ when you completed mission's objecrives but not finished mission. Desert and snow regions are not so popular. So other players will not attack you there often. If you stay close to finish mission area (yellow circle) nobody can attack you. Of course to play in passe is much easier but it is hard to find partner who ll  farm with you $ and gold playing freeroam missions few hours daily nonstop

Edited by IoIly

6 hours ago, reiner- said:

Looking for a grinding partner (nothing suss 1f606.png).

I am currently level 23 and have run out of things to do in this game.

Have run this method quite a few times now and are familiar with the method.

PSN: reiner-

Are you talking about the initial method suggested by the OP of exploiting the last story mission? Because that method has been patched... 

Edited by Arcesus7

8 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Are you talking about the initial method suggested by the OP of exploiting the last story mission? Because that method has been patched... 

The mission attacking Fort Mercer.

A mate and I were doing it yesterday and were getting 500xp each per run. 

Still getting 34xp per kill.

EDIT: In fact it seems to be easier. We join as a posse and start with 2 of us. Leave at least 4/5 enemies left and suicide and repeat.

I haven't tried today but as of last night it was still working. 

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, reiner- said:

EDIT: In fact it seems to be easier. We join as a posse and start with 2 of us. Leave at least 4/5 enemies left and suicide and repeat.

How long (time) is 1 run?

I did it legit by focusing on certain rewards and reset them once more 

- Animal Killing 

- Flying Animal Killing 

- Killing Player 

- Headshot Player 

- Repeater Kill

- Revlver Kill

- Killing more than one animal with a single dynamite (This one is super specially with fish)

doing so will rapidly increase the XP. 

Join event and start killing people with headeshot,dead eye and spcial ammot will give between 30 to 40 per kill. 

got the platinum  

3 hours ago, reiner- said:

Yeah, but after a couple of restarts you start only getting 5XP per kill, without additional bonuses.. Or did they undo that patch ? Have you noticed this happening?

11 hours ago, MITSTREITER said:

How long (time) is 1 run?

Haven't actually timed it but I would say between 5 and 7 minutes. 

10 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Yeah, but after a couple of restarts you start only getting 5XP per kill, without additional bonuses.. Or did they undo that patch 1f605.png Have you noticed this happening?

We replayed it for about 2 hours and it was still working. 

On 3/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, reiner- said:

Have you tried it recently?

I might try it tonight with my friend if it indeed still works.

24 minutes ago, Leonmyster said:

Have you tried it recently?

I might try it tonight with my friend if it indeed still works.

I tried it yesterday but not restarting at the checkout. 

Was playing with people that weren't there to grind xp (which is fine) so just had to play the whole mission from the start. Played through 6 times and it was still working.

On 18.3.2019 at 7:32 PM, reiner- said:

Ok, i boost automaticly. I play the new Mode "Spoils of War". I used this method 

to not kicked out! i expanded and configured the script. so that it press every 35 seconds to top, to get extra xp and press every 45 seconds X to not kicket out. I boost 33 Level without playing. it tooks over 1 week to get this 33 level. sometimes i have to restart my ps4 and PC, when i see the script does not works.