Has anyone else reached level 100 and didn't get the trophy?

objectioner

16 hours ago, objectioner said:
Spoiler

So it popped on your 2nd time round?

Did you do anything different? Or avoid anything specific?

And how did you level up to 100?

Once I get the scorched earth trophy i'll probably try one last time levelling up to 100 if it worked for you.

Yes.
The first character was from the beta and i continued playing with and i did manage to get the trophies for reaching level 25 and 50 but not the level 100 and i did legit i did not use any exploit.
The second time from level 1-20 i was just playing the story to get some of the story related trophies that i have missed but from level 20-70 i used the exploit before it got patched. After that i was just grinding out the monster mash event and the whitespring. Once you reached level 50 i recommend hopping on and off servers until you find one with a nuke on the whitespring, from there make sure you join a team, clear out the whitespring and then do not leave the server just close the application and launch the game again it will spawn you back to the server and the glowing ghouls will spawn also. This is the fastest way of leveling up.

3 minutes ago, JonnyMcG20 said:
Spoiler

Good stuff did you delete your original character for whom the trophy didnt pop the first time before starting over?

No i still have it.

Edited by n9rawy_5220
typos

• 2 weeks later...

It popped for me this morning I only did two things differently which probably had no effect at all but they were 1) spent every perk point as it arrived (had 14 spare last time) 2) reached level 100 not in watoga high school (west tek research) just in case MM somehow glitches it. I really hope they fix it in the next patch for the guys who've been screwed by this or some acknowledgment of the issue at least

1 hour ago, JonnyMcG20 said:

It popped for me this morning I only did two things differently which probably had no effect at all but they were 1) spent every perk point as it arrived (had 14 spare last time) 2) reached level 100 not in watoga high school (west tek research) just in case MM somehow glitches it. I really hope they fix it in the next patch for the guys who've been screwed by this or some acknowledgment of the issue at least

Great to hear!

I'm currently level 59 and rising, have been grinding at Wotaga, but i'll be sure to avoid it when I get to level 99.

I've also been using every point I get like you did to possibly avoid this problem.

Also when I made the character i'm now using, I have stuck with them and not switched characters back and forth at all, in case that causes problems.

This is currently my 3rd attempt.

I may get to level 99 and then wait for the patch, just in case its fixed then, I hear the patch is coming sometime this January.

I really don't want to have to grind again with a 4th character.

Yeah absolutely could be worth leaving the character just short to be on the safe side i gambled with it knowing it was a 50/50 chance (or who knows actually). I mean they fixed the no nuke bug within two days of the problem coming up surely it can't be so hard to sort this. Must be other factors at play like an event voiding it and taking precedence or something. Its definitely achievable though man never fear you will get it

I reporting back about this trophy for the last time.

I hate to think about all the hours wasted doing this.

This was my 3rd attempt getting what should be a simple trophy, and after levelling up my 3rd character to level 99, I bit the bullet and pushed over to level 100.

And thankfully this time it actually popped! - I got a bit worried when it took a couple of seconds to pop, but it finally did! 

To possibly help others that stumble upon this here some things that might help you avoid the trophy bugging out:

*Avoid using glitches

*Avoid areas that are lagging when you are getting near level 100 (this is just me being cautious)

*Don't character swap, this may mess up the tracking, so when you create a character to get to 100, stick with them until after you get the trophy

*The 'Monster Mash' event might be buggy, so don't hit 100 while doing the event, I hit 100 with my 1st character while in the event and it didn't pop.

You can still grind the event though for good xp, but post level 50, Glowing Whitesprings ghouls give you better xp per minute.

This all may get fixed in the next patch, but I ask those who are close to level 100 and are worried to be cautious:

either wait for the patch just to be safe, or if you are feeling optimistic push on to 100.

I wish everyone the best with this game and tell those who haven't played it yet to just outright avoid the game unless you can get for £10 or less.

As for me I am deleting it and don't plan on touching it anytime soon and moving onto Resident Evil 2 at the end the month and am going back to replaying Fallout: New Vegas in the meantime.

• Like 1

Level 50 trophy didn't pop for me (was doing Monster Mash, didn't see the warnings til it was too late)

I'm going to mop up all the other trophies apart from level 50/100 and wait until they fix it, hopefully retroactively - I really don't want to level another character.

I was doing the monster mash event when I hit level 25 and no trophy for me, so that must be a certain issue with leveling or something. But hey at least I wasn't as unlucky as some of you. I would hate to have to get to 100 all over again. Debating whether or not to start over or wait for a patch? I doubt they will fix it in a patch though.

I hit level 100 a few days ago and my trophy popped almost immediately. The steps I took specifically to make sure it would pop:

1) I made sure that I ‘leveled up’ in the Pip-Boy at level 99 until the ‘level up’ prompt disappeared.

2) I made sure I was in a server with no active nukes, and tried to make sure I had a stable connection with as little in-game lag as possible before I leveled up.

3) I made sure NOT to be in any locations with a huge amount of enemies, players, and object density. That means no Whitespring, no Top of the World, no Watoga High School, etc... I got my character as close to level 100 as I could without going over the threshold, server hopped to a quiet server, and travelled near Vault 76 to farm low-level enemies until I hit level 100, and DING!

I’m not saying that this is a guaranteed way to ensure that the trophy pops correctly, but I took every precaution I could to reduce performance heavy areas when leveling up. I’m really sorry to anybody that the trophy didn’t pop for- especially with Bethesda continuing to nerf every way of getting XP quickly. The slog to level 100 can be a really boring one, and only seems to be getting longer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank God I didn't have this issue: this was the last trophy I needed to unlock before getting the platinum trophy. If this glitched on me, I would not have found the courage again to replay through the whole game with a new character.

I turned off Fallout 76 after acquiring it, and deleted it. Definitely a disgraceful entry in the Fallout franchise. They should take a look at the Metro franchise and take notes on how to build an immersive post-apocalyptic world. And please God, don't let them use the same updated engine for The Elder Scrolls VI, like Todd Howard has been saying they would. They should actually invest in building a brand-new engine, because the current one has run its course and needs to be taken out to pasture.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still bugged of course, but it seems like the monster mash event is the reason why. Some people including myself confirmed that they didn’t get the trophy while doing the monster mash event. It seems like if you reach lvl 50/100 while doing that the trophy won’t pop. 

According to one user this also included the 10.000 caps trophy 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:32 AM, breakXedge said:

Just got level 50 trophy while completing the tadpole running quest, solo.

This is the what I did to get my new character to level 25, took about 9 hours (cause my first character glitched out and did not pop the trophy) and to help my first character get from 41 to 100. Albeit the the triple XP could not have come at a more advantageous time :) 

Not to mention all the healing item etc you get from completing the race. I was swimming in stimpaks and purified water and explosives, it was a huge help for sure.