How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Good lord, I freakin mess with this for two hours, then decide to post this question, and try one more time and it suddenly works lol. I didn't even change anything. I just deleted and installed the game for the 4th time and this time it grabbed the 1.18 version I was trying to get.

I am trying to do this on my PS5. I have the free Royal Edition or whatever that came with your PSN Plus subscription. 

Everything seems to work in Charles, I get the ppkgo folder and see the json. I am able to make it map remote to the A126 link for North America...

But then I go to delete and install the digital Royal Edition that I have (again, it's the PSN Free one we were given from PSN Plus), but it immediately downloads version 1.30. It never even tries to download version 1.00 or anything else.

I've gone through this cycle 3 times. It always immediately goes to a 75GB download of the entire game. I de-selected all the add-ons too. And it still immediately downloads a 75GB version 1.30.

Anyone else having this issue? I've gotten every single other trophy from all the DLC... just need this dumb comrades trophy to be done with this. 

Thank you!

Edited by kurchak357
  • Like 3

can thsi method be used for subnautica? also is there another app like charles that could be used (free would be great)? also tried some of your links and they are down dont know if its just me

Edited by darkjjda

On 3/8/2023 at 4:40 AM, Nute202- said:

Have every trophy besides the multiplayer stuff, need to go ahead and try this again.

I was always under the impression that this can only be done if you had never installed the game before. I could have just read it wrong, though. Would love if you could confirm that it can be done even after completing all other trophies. I’ve been delaying playing the game because of this reason.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, uominee said:

I managed to download on PS5, but it's a little bit different from PS4. thanks for the guide @Golden Devil Gamer

• At the step 11 it's the same as the guide, but you MUST fill the query otherwise it will be reverted to 1.30 which is 79GB

IMG-7125.jpg

• After that, re download and select base game and comrades DLC, not a standalone, it's because PS5 cannot see comrades as DLC after installing the base game unlike PS4.

IMG-7123.jpgIMG-7122.jpg

You can close the proxy server and resume your download in normal settings since the proxy is throttling my download.

@kurchak357

This post helped me greatly, I think the original post should be updated to say this is what is needed on PS5!!!

Everything is the same but you copy paste the same query in 'From' into 'to'. 

ff151.png

Now that i've figured out the reverting, should i be reverting to even earlier versions, then slowly updating to make the achievements easier?

Edited by LDN-Legend
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I have tried this on both my PS4 and PS5. PS4 with the disc day one game and PS5 Royal Edition with Charles 4.5.6. I have used it for three hours now. I have memorized the steps and very comfortable with the program now...... But I cant get it to work. Can someone help me please? Or did I miss the windows its closed???? PSN name GamersBane 

EDIT: The download says 1.30 but its file size that you need to pay attention to. 1.30 is 35GB 1.26 is 30GB and 1.18 is 24GB.

Edited by GamersBane
  • Like 1

I need some help from the early steps. I don't know why but I can't even set up a connection. I followed the steps as described and it looks like my system recognized the LAN cable plugged in to it but it does not connect to the internet. I am on PS5. I am using a Wi-Fi connection on my PC and the LAN cable for the system. I tried setting up a Wi-Fi connection but that didn't seem to make a different either.

4 hours ago, GamersBane said:

Hey guys, I have tried this on both my PS4 and PS5. PS4 with the disc day one game and PS5 Royal Edition with Charles 4.5.6. I have used it for three hours now. I have memorized the steps and very comfortable with the program now...... But I cant get it to work. Can someone help me please? Or did I miss the windows its closed???? PSN name GamersBane 

I don't have any advice for you but maybe you could help me? Per my post below I can't even get past the first few steps. When I try setting up a connection on my PS5 it just fails and I don't see any prompt on Charles to accept anything.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:24 PM, EricAS17384751 said:

Sorry to bother you guys, my ps4 can't connect with Charles. The PS4 is connected to the Internet with LAN cable and the Laptop with WiFi, I'm on step 6 but no message pop up in Charles. Can someone tell me what to do?

Edit: All done. I just downloaded the latest version of Charles. My bad

Had to go back a bit to find this post. I'm in a similar issue now but on PS5. I also have the latest version installed. I don't know if the SSID is the issue since I have to call it something and I'm just setting it as "Charles," but either way no matter what I do nothing ever pops up. Could use some advice if you still remember what you did last year. Cheers.

2 hours ago, tmansep22 said:

Had to go back a bit to find this post. I'm in a similar issue now but on PS5. I also have the latest version installed. I don't know if the SSID is the issue since I have to call it something and I'm just setting it as "Charles," but either way no matter what I do nothing ever pops up. Could use some advice if you still remember what you did last year. Cheers.

The only thing I did was download the lastest version and follow the steps. Make sure to do that. And see if you have a good internet connection, I'm not an expert and it was some time ago, so I can't do much to help you.

1 hour ago, TheFilmAddict32 said:

I’m trying to do this downgrade guide on my ps5 but can’t get past Step 6, I need to put an SSID in order to to get my console linked to the PC, but whatever I put in for SSID doesn’t work. What the hell do I do?

Have both of them on the same network (netgear88 or my wifi) and disable the computers firewall.

Just checked step 6. you have to enter your computer IP address and Charles picks port 8888. Do those changes on your playstaion proxy.

Edited by GamersBane

I have both the console and the computer connected to the same wifi, and I have put the IP address and Port 8888 when doing the PlayStation proxy but it doesn’t work. If I setup a new network, like I said I need an SSID to continue, but when I’ve tried putting the address and port on the network that’s currently connecting, it then says it can’t connect

1 hour ago, TheFilmAddict32 said:

I have both the console and the computer connected to the same wifi, and I have put the IP address and Port 8888 when doing the PlayStation proxy but it doesn’t work. If I setup a new network, like I said I need an SSID to continue, but when I’ve tried putting the address and port on the network that’s currently connecting, it then says it can’t connect

its just one of two issues... your not making a new ssid.. thats a whole new network. 

1. the IP address you are entering is not the computer running charles

2. Computer has firewall on or another computer on your network has a firewall on.

3. Charles needs to be running to connect if you close the program the PS wont work after you connect it right the first time.

dont forget you have to accept the notice on the computer from Charles. Or try the latest Charles version. going to sleep will check tomorrow late morrning. hope this helps.

Thanks for the guide @Golden Devil Gamer!! 3 trophy done and a whole bunch of time left to get the rest, used the digital royal version and once update was going can turn off Charles and set network back to ‘easy’ or whatever you had before for faster speeds, then resume the main download which stopped. Just had to pause update 1.30 from continuing. Once was done went offline, though snuck back online to sync ;-)

3 hours ago, GamersBane said:

its just one of two issues... your not making a new ssid.. thats a whole new network. 

1. the IP address you are entering is not the computer running charles

2. Computer has firewall on or another computer on your network has a firewall on.

3. Charles needs to be running to connect if you close the program the PS wont work after you connect it right the first time.

dont forget you have to accept the notice on the computer from Charles. Or try the latest Charles version. going to sleep will check tomorrow late morrning. hope this helps.

The IP address I put in is the exact same one that the guide says it is, I turned the firewall off on my computer and I don’t get a notice to accept from Charles. I downloaded the latest version aswell. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. 

33 minutes ago, TheFilmAddict32 said:

The IP address I put in is the exact same one that the guide says it is, I turned the firewall off on my computer and I don’t get a notice to accept from Charles. I downloaded the latest version aswell. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. 

you put everything to auto, but proxy set to manual on the playstaion? if so i guess delete everything and start from scratch. oh make sure Charles is recording the red button should be pushed in on the app.

5 hours ago, GamersBane said:

you put everything to auto, but proxy set to manual on the playstaion? if so i guess delete everything and start from scratch. oh make sure Charles is recording the red button should be pushed in on the app.

Yea everything is to auto, and I have uninstalled and re-downloaded everything from the beginning for it still not to work