Pure RNG

Zanyverse

I love mahjong as much as the next guy. But am i the only one who was litterally forced to restart the puzzle because the randomly generated tiles decided to spawn 2 on the same on top of each other? Like how is it my fault? The game seriously needs some type of shuffle mechanic that we can use once per puzzle, before throwing the game over screen in your face.

Edited by LLegend_Fox
Spelling error
  • Like 2

Got to agree with Ai-ds. It's the fact you can fail that makes this version of Mahjong the best I've played on PS4. 

You can shuffle tiles until you're blue in the face in some of the other Mahjong games and they just get boring because you can't lose.

At least some of the game is meant to be good and bad luck.

Edited by JPageMartin36
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well honestly I don't think no shuffling is such a big deal because bad grids can happen, but restarting the same map 5 times because there always are two same tiles on each other under everything, so I realize that when I've cleared 90% of them, this is a real pain in the a$$.

Edit: After saying that I have completed the 50 last puzzles on my first try, I guess it ain't that bad if you have a good focus, you can avoid being blocked most of the time!

Edited by MarcancooL
To avoid multiple posts
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

A few years later ...

It's not pure luck. Each tile has 4 pieces on the board. The board is being created by randomly laying down all 4 pieces before moving to the next tile. To stack more than 2 pieces on top of each other is forbidden.

So there is always a logical way to beat the board. My strategy is to remove only all 4 pieces of a tile. If I see only 2 if them I leave them alone until a 3rd appears. If 1 of them doesn't cover another piece and completely isolated, it's safe to save that one for the later discovered 4th one. 

This works almost every time. Sometimes you have to think and guess, sometimes you have to look closely to to know where some missing pieces are. But I think with the strategy "only clear all 4s" in mind, you'll find many ways to prevent pure luck and make it into a pleasurable strategic board game that can be solved by logic alone with a very small portion of luck. 

I'm amazed how deeply I feel in love with this game. Maybe because I'm a horror fan and this is a navigational horror game. Honestly, the game is great, the controls are not, but it's neither time based not action, so perfect to lean back and play a few rounds to relax. 

• Like 2

It is absolutely not luck based at all. Every single board can be solved on the first try if you follow this simple rule:

Always make sure to only remove tiles of which you can see all four.

If you click at random then you're going to fuck yourself out of a solution. That's not the game's fault, that's just you being a dumbass.

Anyway, that uber strat that I posted above is part of my post in the previous and now locked topic. The reason why it seems to have been locked is that someone spoke the truth (this game is piss easy) and was subsequently accused of trolling. Incredible stuff.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Haven't you accused normal answer being troll in the other thread about mohjang? That's troll

Or can you address rest of posts then just headline?

No, when someone ends with you lack skill, they are attempting to get a reaction. That's trolling. 

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

The reason why it seems to have been locked is that someone spoke the truth (this game is piss easy) and was subsequently accused of trolling. Incredible stuff.

Locked because what's the point in having 2 threads open about the same thing. 

Did your actually read? I explained why it's not RNG and the tactics to you. 

Also, it's not a question of skill but with the wrong strategy you're doomed to randomness which happened to you. Otherwise you wouldn't face the problem you described.

17 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Have to disagree with you on that. 

I've done 70 boards now. This is not memory, it is Mahjong (single). 

Edited by Kraeftchen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just completed the game and I can also confirm that pretty much any level can be solved with the proper strategy. If there are no four tiles that can be seen, there is usually (or always) a set of three where the fourth one can't be under these three visible tiles. I only encountered two situations where I had to make a guess.

Overall, this was a fun game that I played while being in voice chats or watching a show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...