A rant on selfish, self absorbed vegans...

AJ_Radio

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Honestly, if it is affordable and has no health risks then I would not really care. I have no problem eating things that were previously alive, I would not have a problem with killing the animal myself, but I don't demand that the meat I eat comes from an actual animal. I would even eat fake meat, aka tofu or other vegan variants too from time to time if it weren't for the fact that it tastes like utter dogshit. With the current price, it will be a long time before laboratory meat becomes affordable and can actually provided in large enough quantities to satisfy the demand. In case of it ever happening, there will be a funny debate on what to do with the leftover animals, what the farmers who obviously can't switch to producing stuff in a lab are supposed to do then, and how vegans will try to find a way to cry about the laboratory meat too in some way because it is just kinda in their nature to ruin everyones mood.

Actually they lowered the costs for producing the meat from 100.000$ in about 10 years or so, and the goal is to produce a burger for 12$ with that meat.

right now they can't produce steak or something, only minced meat/hamburger meat. I am very curious how far we will get with it.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:10 PM, FilmFanatic said:

Don’t forget everybody, you shouldn’t drink water because that is a fishes home!!!

And their toilet!

Anyways, I hate it when a vegan tells me I can't possibly love animals if I eat meat. Who says? F* off! I love meat but I definitely don't NEED it daily but won't give it up for anyone either. Korean BBQ, steakhouses, hamburger joints, sushi joints, etc...take me to them all! Women need to replenish iron on a monthly basis and lots of it, animal protein is the best way because it is more readily absorbed than plant sources. Damn those self-righteous Vegans!

I find veganism to be annoying most of the time. Some vegans are really critical to the rest of the population and chastise meat eaters which I find to be most irritating. I don't mind people being vegan as long as they keep it to themselves, but hate it when they just try to push their ideas onto others and bash omnivores. The biggest annoyance is when they do these protests on the street showing pictures of dead animals, handing out vegan cheese to passersby and paradeing signs outside the fur shop. The was a regular Saturday scenario in Dublin on the main shopping street when I used to live there and I found it very disturbing and insulting.

I personally could never be vegan. I can't go a day without eggs, and love fish and chicken. I like some vegan foods like Tofu and soya milk, but couldn't imagine living on just that as I feel the meal isn't nutritionally complete. Also, you'd have to take a lot of supplements for things like essential amino acids, iron, b vitamins, calcium etc... I just don't eat red meat for health reasons, but don't mind ham or pork. 

Veganism seems so strict without eggs or dairy compared to vegetarianism, especially when going to restaurants where your choice becomes limited. I guess in big cities in the West it wouldn't be a problem, but in the suburbs and most of Asia, I'd imagine it would be super hard except maybe India where lots of people are vegetarian anyway.  Even in Europe, cheese and dairy is a huge part of cooking, esp. in the nordic nations, France, Switzerland etc. and most soups seem to have cream as well.

3 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I find veganism to be annoying most of the time. Some vegans are really critical to the rest of the population and chastise meat eaters which I find to be most irritating. I don't mind people being vegan as long as they keep it to themselves, but hate it when they just try to push their ideas onto others and bash omnivores. The biggest annoyance is when they do these protests on the street showing pictures of dead animals, handing out vegan cheese to passersby and paradeing signs outside the fur shop. The was a regular Saturday scenario in Dublin on the main shopping street when I used to live there and I found it very disturbing and insulting.

I personally could never be vegan. I can't go a day without eggs, and love fish and chicken. I like some vegan foods like Tofu and soya milk, but couldn't imagine living on just that as I feel the meal isn't nutritionally complete. Also, you'd have to take a lot of supplements for things like essential amino acids, iron, b vitamins, calcium etc... I just don't eat red meat for health reasons, but don't mind ham or pork. 

Veganism seems so strict without eggs or dairy compared to vegetarianism, especially when going to restaurants where your choice becomes limited. I guess in big cities in the West it wouldn't be a problem, but in the suburbs and most of Asia, I'd imagine it would be super hard except maybe India where lots of people are vegetarian anyway.  Even in Europe, cheese and dairy is a huge part of cooking, esp. in the nordic nations, France, Switzerland etc. and most soups seem to have cream as well.

I don't think it was super difficult to find something without meat in Asia, Asians eat veggies basically just as much as meat...or even more than meat. :)

On 23/01/2019 at 8:53 PM, DarkLoba13 said:

I don't think it was super difficult to find something without meat in Asia, Asians eat veggies basically just as much as meat...or even more than meat. :)

The thing is that in countries like Japan, China, Korea etc. many dishes and even just vegetable dishes are cooked in a meat or bone broth, and in Japan almost everything is cooked in dashi fish broth, even miso soup. 

Never had anything to do with vegans except for seeing the extreme ones on the Internet. So can't really judge them. It's definitely not something I'd ever do. While I like animals, steak is just too nice to give up same with chicken.

11 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

The thing is that in countries like Japan, China, Korea etc. many dishes and even just vegetable dishes are cooked in a meat or bone broth, and in Japan almost everything is cooked in dashi fish broth, even miso soup. 

As far as I know, being half Korean (but born there)...that would be stewed veggies and not many of the other veggie side dishes. There are so many side dishes in Korean cuisine, I'm sure there is a decent amount of choices for a vegetarian/vegan can choose from. Heck, they can probably make it themselves and replace particular ingredients with ones of their choice.

26 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

whats the difference between killing an animal or a plant?
both are alive

plants are alive they grow eat and move...

vegans are are murders too 1f52b.png

human teeth are not made to just eat veges lol

they are sharp for a reason

Vegans have double standards. lol.

Sharp teeth? What kind of teeth do you have? I believe my teeth are in-between...perfect for an omnivore. ?

Edited by DarkLoba13

16 hours ago, DarkLoba13 said:

Vegans have double standards. lol.

Sharp teeth? What kind of teeth do you have? I believe my teeth are in-between...perfect for an omnivore. 1f605.png

they do have double standards.. or should i say brain washed

your teeth are not sharp? :D

how can you chew and cut flesh?

i know for a fact a human can cut a chunk of meat out of another person if he fully bites and pulls :holy:

23 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

they do have double standards.. or should i say brain washed

your teeth are not sharp? :D

how can you chew and cut flesh?

i know for a fact a human can cut a chunk of meat out of another person if he fully bites and pulls :holy:

I usually cut my meat with a knife, lol. And ground meat, like hamburger...you don't need sharp teeth. lol.

Well, anything...whether they have sharp teeth or not...or even a sharp beak...can tear the flesh off if they really wanted to. :P

19 hours ago, DarkLoba13 said:

As far as I know, being half Korean (but born there)...that would be stewed veggies and not many of the other veggie side dishes. There are so many side dishes in Korean cuisine, I'm sure there is a decent amount of choices for a vegetarian/vegan can choose from. Heck, they can probably make it themselves and replace particular ingredients with ones of their choice.

I guess so, I love Korean food and many of the veggie dishes and banchan but couldn't imagine not being able to eat Korean BBQ and kimchi pancakes (I think they have egg in them, you can probably make them without it). Restricting meat is one thing, but I thing restricting as far as eggs and dairy as well takes a lot of pleasure out of many dishes. Maybe I just love eggs too much, especially the yolk on bibimbap....I can't imagine an eggless bibimbap, it's the next best thing to the sauce ? 

8 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I guess so, I love Korean food and many of the veggie dishes and banchan but couldn't imagine not being able to eat Korean BBQ and kimchi pancakes (I think they have egg in them, you can probably make them without it). Restricting meat is one thing, but I thing restricting as far as eggs and dairy as well takes a lot of pleasure out of many dishes. Maybe I just love eggs too much, especially the yolk on bibimbap....I can't imagine an eggless bibimbap, it's the next best thing to the sauce 1f605.png 

Lol. Yeah, I never felt it would be healthy for me to go meatless since I grew up always being underweight...no matter how much I snacked. Going meatless would definitely make it harder for me to pack on the calories. I also LOVE pork belly but I do also love veggies more than anyone I know growing up. I never understood why other children didn't like veggies. :P My dad is also a huge veggie lover and mom isn't a huge fan of meat...so I guess I was lucky with that aspect. But grew up in the states....where basically everyone LOVED meat...and would prefer being a carnivore over eating some measly veggies here and there. Lots to process!

• Like 1

You should check out Youtube. There are entire channels devoted to veganism, mostly with content critiquing non-vegans (and in some cases, fellow vegans that aren't vegan enough). Honestly, I think being vegan is great as a personal choice. However, I have a great deal of disdain for what the movement has become. What used to be a lifestyle that promoted peace and non-violence has transformed into a virtue-signaling, hateful contest of one-upmanship. For the most part, veganism is now a badge that says "I am better than you" rather than a personal choice for how to live life. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EvenstarII said:

You should check out Youtube. There are entire channels devoted to veganism, mostly with content critiquing non-vegans (and in some cases, fellow vegans that aren't vegan enough). Honestly, I think being vegan is great as a personal choice. However, I have a great deal of disdain for what the movement has become. What used to be a lifestyle that promoted peace and non-violence has transformed into a virtue-signaling, hateful contest of one-upmanship. For the most part, veganism is now a badge that says "I am better than you" rather than a personal choice for how to live life. 

I agree, I don't mind other people doing it provided they keep it to themselves. But I find many vegans act like some radical group these days, protesting on the street, campaigning against everything from fur shops to animal tested cosmetics.... like they are a religion trying to convert everyone else. I see their protests quite often on a busy Saturday in the middle of the shopping street handing out vegan cheese hoping that it might convert regular cheese lovers over. 

• Like 1

Self-righteous religious fanatics, vegans, and holistic people, ugh. I don't mind changing to cruelty-free products but don't tell me my diet is wrong and that I can't be a true animal lover while eating meat. I do believe we need more humane and better agricultural practices but don't tell me that human beings are supposed to only eat plants because that is sooo untrue. You do you and let me do me...leave me alone. Lol. Never got handed vegan cheese but I do get pamphlets. They should give out that vegan cheese to the homeless people over here, LOL!

Edited by DarkLoba13