Anthem Demo Thoughts?

kidson2004

23 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Anyone played the demo yet? It came out yesterday I think (or today). It’s available to those who pre-ordered the game. If so, what do you think of it? 

It starts in 20 minutes.

30 minutes in and I haven't played once. Off to a great start. Attempted to load a mission then literally sat in loading screen for 7 minutes so I closed application, and now I'm stuck at main menu. Dang. Awesome.

Seems they had quite a bad start already. First the servers couldn't handle all the player request and they had to shut it down shortly after the start. And it seems even though they upgraded their servers a lot of people still can't get in. This isn't just a Anthem problem as it turns out, a lot of EA games are affected by this. Might even be some malicious attack by your usual angry script kiddy.

But what has the community in an uproar is the fact that a lot of people who can play the game didn't even pre-order the game. They were invited by those who did, every pre-order came with three free invite codes. But it wasn't communicated at all by EA/BioWare. Naturally a lot of people are unhappy with this, especially since many who paid for the game can't play the game while those who got an invite for free can.

Soucre A

Source B

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 2

I copied and pasted it from pushsquare website.

ANTHEM VIP Demo

ANTHEM VIP demo start date and times

Friday 25th January 2019

• North America: 9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST
  • UK/Ire: 5pm GMT
  • Europe: 6pm CET / 7pm EET
  • Asia/Oceania: 2am JST / 1am AWST / 4am AEDT

ANTHEM VIP demo end date

Sunday 27th January 2019

ANTHEM Public Demo

ANTHEM public demo start date and times

Friday 1st February 2019

• North America: 9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST
  • UK/Ire: 5pm GMT
  • Europe: 6pm CET / 7pm EET
  • Asia/Oceania: 2am JST / 1am AWST / 4am AEDT
Edited by Tigerz_bone_21

I enjoyed it. I had a rough start though Friday I could not get it to work and Saturday I was to busy, but Sunday I finally got to play. I agree with most on that it feels like destiny, a little division mixed in as well. I like the iron man feel to the suits though and will definitely get on launch if my friend gets it cause it is very fun with someone else.

I put up a clips video of some things I thought was cool/crazy/funny/weird