Do you do trophy milestone celebrations?

PrimeTime101

I was thinking about doing this for my 3000th trophy, but decided not to. It’ll just be some random trophy I get in Uncharted 3. The only milestone I planned was Life is Strange on PS3 (an easy game but one that’s near and dear to my heart) as platinum number 50. 

With this profile I definetely do lol. As GTA III was the first PS2 game I ever played, I wanted that to be my first plat. The first trophy worked out well too - "First Day On The Job." So I continued with the next 2 PS2 GTA games as milestones. Thought about continuing with GTA IV and GTA V, but too much of a grind until I build up my profile, so I opted for the Dead Space series. Dead Space is my favourite game and I love horror games so I went with The Evil Within next. My next milestone (already slotted in place!) will be Evil Within 2. After that it will be Resident Evil. I'm just hoping the RE3 remake comes out in time ?

I try to make sure every 1,000th trophy is a platinum, and so far I've been able to keep that going:

1,000 - Transformers: War for Cybertron

2,000 - Metal Gear Solid 3 (also my 30th platinum :) )

3,000 - Assassin's Creed III

4,000 - Far Cry Classic

5,000 - L.A. Noire

6,000 - Beyond: Two Souls

7,000 - Saints Row The Third

Gonna have to make sure I have another plat ready to be my 8,000th trophy :D

• Like 2

With rum, of course.

I don't usually try and get a specific trophy. Only times I did were 3,500 & 4,000 trophies. 

Reason why I don't is it forces me to play 1 game to aim at 1 trophy and it's just not fun. Plus the planning is a pain.

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i did once, my 10,000th trophy i was playing dead rising 4 so i specifically made it so that platinum was my 10k trophy. i just thought itd be cool to have a plat as 10k lol. but nobody cared but me haha

I care man. My 10,000th trophy was a plat too. I thought it would be a great send off for the next 10,000. It was Deus Ex: Human Revolution btw.

if anyone in the world cares about stuff like that, it’s everyone responding to this forum post! 

I make sure every milestone is something I care about. I did Gal Gun 2 for 15,000th trophy, Enter the Gungeon for 250th plat (which was an accident),  Yooka Laylee and hat in time for 150, 200, plat, Gravity rush for 100th plat, diablo 3 for 50. Shovel knight for trophy 10,000. I remember all those off the top of my head.

I'm deciding on 300 now, leaning towards Darksiders 3. I even have a poll up for it. I'll also sometimes treat myself with nice food or something when I hit milestones.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

100% these milestones are on your profile forever and easily able to be seen make the most of it and achieve trophy/plat that means something to you 

my 100th platinum will be black ops 3 PS4 which I have around 900 hours used to grind multiplayer a lot and amazing Zombies mode 

My first and 100th Platinum is Assassins Creed II - planned 100th . Had ubisoft re-re-released for platinum 200 then it would of been a shoe-in

I try to make the milestone Platinums games I really enjoy -  100-150-175 .... 200 is set to be Spiderman 2 

I am also trying to pop Platinums in a series together , leaving the last trophy . Started with Tomb Raider , Marvel , God of War games - DLC messes it up.

Setting targets/milestones can help with fatigue and planning what to play next and beyond.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, Jamescush147 said:

I did make sure Plat 75 & 100 were games I really liked.

So Life is Strange & Assassin's Creed II.

Funny because LiS is also my 75th plat, but from there i went with retro stuff for 100th castlevania SOTN, scott pilgrim vs the world 125th, ape escape 150th, and shenmue for 175th, its a trend im enjoying, and i totally respect any milestones

Edited by Don_Chipotle

I really enjoy trying to line up milestones, but it's way overkill, and it makes perfect sense why most folks don't bother. To name a few: Rayman Origins on Vita was my first plat, so for #100 I did the PS3 version; Dark Souls was #50 on PS3 and #250 on PS4; Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was #350 and 15k total trophies, so Monster Hunter Rise was #700 and 25k. Occasionally I'll even plan out a milestone that the site doesn't track: The Binding of Isaac: Repentance was #596 (IYKYK), Paradise Killer was #625 (since that's 25²), and I'm hoping to get Final Fantasy VII Rebirth as #777 (unless the minigame trophies are a nightmare).