The Last of Us General Discussion *Potential Spoilers*

Parker

I have won both Survival and Supply Rad and didn't get the throphy... Im a missing something?

You won the entire survival match and not just one of the rounds right?    On a mp related note I made it all the way to week 10 day 5 before my colony was wiped out in a hunter attack.  So yeah I'm back to week 1 day 1. 

We're still saving up to buy this game, but there's one thing I'm quite curious about:

Can you influence the actions of Ellie or are they scripted events? 

She's controlled by the AI but I don't think everything is scripted. I've died a few times in the same spot (damn clickers) and each time I tried again I took a different path and so did Ellie. So you don't have a ton of influence over her but she won't follow the same path through the levels. 

Parker

• Like 1

I played single player for a couple of hours and enjoyed the hell out of it.  I went to multiplayer for a little bit to gain the trophies while the online community is still active.  I am the type of person that absolutely HATES multiplayer, but I've enjoyed this multiplayer a lot.

Still trying to get the hang of playing stealthily on single player, but it's not coming to me too easily.

Edited by Legend

She's controlled by the AI but I don't think everything is scripted. I've died a few times in the same spot (damn clickers) and each time I tried again I took a different path and so did Ellie. So you don't have a ton of influence over her but she won't follow the same path through the levels. 

Parker

Thanks Parker!

Aside from that little bug with the saving this game really does deliver on it's promises going by what I read here. 

You won the entire survival match and not just one of the rounds right?    On a mp related note I made it all the way to week 10 day 5 before my colony was wiped out in a hunter attack.  So yeah I'm back to week 1 day 1. 

Yeah all 4 rounds :/ I'm on week 3 day 5.

I missed the first of Ellie's jokes, so will she continue with the others when it gets to those certain parts or not?

Yes, and when you do another playthrough and go to the part were the joke was that u missed, the trophy will pop there since it doesn't have to be in one playthrough, or u could just do chapter select.

I haven't smiled/laughed so much in a game before, I even almost cried at the beginning, Ellie is adorable, I'm in chapter 7 right now, this has been a great ride so far! 10/10

Edited by drummerklg

Yes, and when you do another playthrough and go to the part were the joke was that u missed, the trophy will pop there since it doesn't have to be in one playthrough, or u could just do chapter select.

I haven't smiled/laughed so much in a game before, I even almost cried at the beginning, Ellie is adorable, I'm in chapter 7 right now, this has been a great ride so far! 10/10

Ah, awesome. Thanks! :)

I'm stuck on the part with the generator. Can't kill the bloater due to no shotgun ammo D:

No problem, molotovs are good for the bloater, also some nail bombs, forgot if you have them unlocked at that point?

Yeah, you do. I'll try the nail bombs. If I remember correctly, I didn't have everything needed for molotovs. If that doesn't work, then I'll try running for it!

Just need to remember to get the key card first. Haha!

There is no difference lol. You'll have to play as both eventually anyway for the trophies.

The only difference is in-game, there'll be dialouge like "Let's go get those Fireflies!" etc, that's basically it. I believe appearances are different too, but again, not really major xD

My Post-Pandemic Edition (which I paid one day shipping for) still hasn't arrived yet so I'm assuming I'll be getting it on Monday. I've already talked to GameStop and they're refunding me the shipping price which I thought was nice. 

Parker

Holy cow!

So, i cried when Sarah died. The atmosphere is engaging and terrifying. The multiplayer is better when you play as a team (who would've guessed! *sarcasm*). I just got through the first full room of clickers. Playing through on Hard but surprisingly easy, somewhat. STEALTH!

Holy cow!

So, i cried when Sarah died. The atmosphere is engaging and terrifying. The multiplayer is better when you play as a team (who would've guessed! *sarcasm*). I just got through the first full room of clickers. Playing through on Hard but surprisingly easy, somewhat. STEALTH!

Don't worry, it gets more difficult later on. 

Parker

Hello guys! Anyone playing MP already? I have a question by the way. About choosing sides? Hunters or Fireflies? What are the difference?

The difference is that you are tied to one faction, which means that if you want to play with a friend, you have to be the same faction.

While not the greatest game I've played to date, I do agree that it is well put together.

The time spend is worthwhile, and it would be a discredit to those who'd labored over it these past years not to try it out to at least the 50%+ mark -- though I feel the same about almost every game I've come across.

Enjoying it on the same level that I enjoyed Tomb Raider, but not as much as I enjoyed Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, or Bioshock Infinite.