The Last of Us General Discussion *Potential Spoilers*

Parker

I just beat the game on easy and was wondering if anybody has played on the harder difficulties as well as the easier ones, and knew if they really were that much more challenging or not? I found easy to be well easy, but I didn't think I would have that easy of a time with it. I really enjoyed the game and would love to play it through again, but I don't want to get too frustrated with playing on a higher difficulty setting.

Well I first played on normal and it was just normal but I'm on survivor atm and it can be easy or hard depending how you play I've been using stealth a lot and sometimes trying different approaches on where I go. Also there is no listen mode and they put less supplies and ammo in the game which is annoying. I'd actually never thought I'd get this far on survivor mode. But I'm stuck in the underground tunnel, I can distract everyhing but when I get close to boost her up they hear me :/ it can get very frustrating

I lost my first 8 hour session due to the save glitch. Im on my third playthrough now. Almost done with survivor mode. Its a bitch at times but i like it. Ellie is by far one of my fav characters ever! She kicks so much butt and i love her badass attitude. Still trying to get my firefly pendant and manual trophies to pop. Ive collected everything like 3 times now.

I just beat the game on easy and was wondering if anybody has played on the harder difficulties as well as the easier ones, and knew if they really were that much more challenging or not? I found easy to be well easy, but I didn't think I would have that easy of a time with it. I really enjoyed the game and would love to play it through again, but I don't want to get too frustrated with playing on a higher difficulty setting.

It can be frustrated at times but it depends on the approach you take when playing as well.

Also what does the new game + do? I am not yet done with the game. Is it like if you play new game+ your weapons are already upgraded?

Yes, the weapons you already upgraded will still be upgraded. Also Joel will be "upgraded" as well (if you did this on your former playthrough).

Finished my first playthrough at 4 AM this morning and holy shit the game was awesome. I've seen people complaining about the end but I loved it, it showed Joel in a way we hadn't seen him since the opening scene and it shows just hop important Ellie is to him. 

As amazing as the game is, I don't think it warrants a sequel. The game ended on a good note for Joel and Ellie but I imagine after the massive success we'll be seeing some more games, they certainly left it open for more story. I'm starting my New Game Plus playthrough now but I'm going to try my hand at the multiplayer too. 

Parker

• Like 1

How about some tough actin' Tinactin?  Jeez guys.  Seriously though, finished it a few hours ago and it is, by far, the best game I have ever played.  Emotion rivaled only by Telltale's Walking Dead and gameplay rivaled only by Uncharted.  All hail Naughty Dog.

Edited by Cob5210

Finished this the other day.

I really enjoyed the beginning, and though wow this is going to be awsome. However it sort of went downhill for me until after the City bit (After the car crash) Where it picked up again and became one of my favourite games ever.

The writing and acting in this game is sublime! Best money ive spent on a game this year so far this year. 

The ending at first was a bit..is that it. But after giving it some thought it was perfect. 

Im more sad the we wont get to see any more of the Ellie and Joel as i doubt if a sequel is made then it wont feature either of them.

So, I had a go at the multiplayer last night and i actually really, really enjoyed it. For the most part the players I was teamed up with actually played as a team, we stuck together, revived and healed each other and only occasionally would I get a teammate who would go lone wolf. I can actually see myself playing this multiplayer for a while. 

Parker

I'm not a fan of multiplayer generally, but I dabble in it from time to time.  I've found that Supply Raid annoys the hell out of me (it's pretty much your average multiplayer) but I have a little fun with Survivor, as long as I'm on a good team that knows what it's doing.  I think the "one life and you're done" idea really changes up the gameplay in a way that I can actually play and have fun with.  It not people just running around guns blazing.

Is anyone else having any problems with lag in the multiplayer.  Just about every match I've been in today I'll play for a good 3-4 minutes and then my character will just stop moving.  I have a 50 mbps connection so I don't think that this is a problem on my end.  But this is really messing up the mp for me and I was enjoying it.

Edited by MrKittyEmperor

About an hour and a half in the story playing on easy and really enjoying it. Just got past my first encounter with clickers and sprinters in a ruined officebuilding, it plays very smooth and you really get the shivers trying to sneak up on them. 

The interaction between the characters is "natural" and I really enjoy the dialogue.

Only thing I have doubts about is finishing the game so many times. Finishing it once will be a treat, twice will be fun, but after a third time I'll probabely lose interest. So looking at the trophylist I was a little dissapointed (although that is to strong a word, but I don't know any other word in english to describe the feeling) that so many of the trophies are for finishing the game instead of some exploration or killing based trophies.

Edited by AnRoDr

Man, wish I had more time with this game. I've only put in about 10 hours I think since my last post, and it is damn hard on Hard mode. I feel like this game could also be an award winning movie as well, in terms of story telling. Even though I hate the 3rd person shooting aspects of it, I still finding myself loving it.

Well, I beat the game today.

The ending was just...what the hell really? Ellie is definitely the best character Naughty dog has made. The winter part was the best one by far and when you get to salt lake city.

I think the reviews giving this game a flat out 10 is BS. The last of us was great, but not worthy of a 10 an 8 or 8.5 seems very fair for it. Bioshock Infinite still is my top game of this year.

Well, I beat the game today.

The ending was just...what the hell really? Ellie is definitely the best character Naughty dog has made. The winter part was the best one by far and when you get to salt lake city.

I think the reviews giving this game a flat out 10 is BS. The last of us was great, but not worthy of a 10 an 8 or 8.5 seems very fair for it. Bioshock Infinite still is my top game of this year.

I disagree, I'd easily give the game a 10. The game isn't perfect but in my opinion it is about as close as a game has been to perfect before. The story, gameplay, characters, sound direction and graphics are all top notch and apart from 1 or 2 flaws I can't think of anything bad to say about the game. I thought the ending was fantastic as well even though many seem to dislike it. If you have a child it hits much closer to home, I suspect. 

Apart from the GT series, this is my favorite game this generation. 

Parker

Sorry if anyone has mentioned it, I did scan through the previous posts but I'm not sure. But has anyone noticed that when you've finished the game, Ellie's knife is on the window sill on the title screen. I thought it was a nice touch and only noticed it when I started a new game and it wasn't there. Such a subtle change I didn't really notice it until it was gone...

The knife disappears after you quit and go back in?  Cause I didn't notice it when I started a new game the other day an I'm assuming it won't be there when I start the game tomorrow?

Finally made it to week 13 in the hunter journey.  Never had to start over but got really close a few times.  The game threw two Firefly attacks in a row at me in my last two weeks.  That sucked.  Now it's time for the Firefly journey but I'm definitely taking a break from mp before that one.  Can get really frustrating sometimes.  Probably finish my new game+ first and try to get all the collectibles. 

Edited by Cob5210