Challenge trophy exploit/bug

DLJUK

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the glitch to work but under different circumstances. I did my best to time the completion of the 2nd Triangle puzzle, I was a little early but not too early and I waited after pressing X dont press anything. I wanted a little over 10 seconds after the screen went dark but it never took me out of the puzzle. I pressed Circle and Heard the puzzles shut off in the pillar room, thankfully to a comment on youtube, I walked over to the pillars and saw they were off, I held the PS button and closed application, When I reopened the game, I spawned by the 2nd Triangle puzzle with the screen off and heard a sound, I walked to the pillars room and they were on! Infinite time to complete them and satisfying trophy pop!

Once you are able to start making it to the Maze, I highly recommend the puzzle solver, I had like 2 extra minutes of time because I could solve them super fast with it. Also, the 4th puzzle you do after the 3 easy ones tells you the path of the labyrinth/maze, the Golden marks are the puzzle locations although what screen at that spot is random.

This is what I used for Triangle Solver, when you need to clear it, refresh the page.
http://witness.webcrow.jp/

Edited by GamerCrazy2
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:31 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

So I got the glitch to work but under different circumstances. I did my best to time the completion of the 2nd Triangle puzzle, I was a little early but not too early and I waited after pressing X dont press anything. I wanted a little over 10 seconds after the screen went dark but it never took me out of the puzzle. I pressed Circle and Heard the puzzles shut off in the pillar room, thankfully to a comment on youtube, I walked over to the pillars and saw they were off, I held the PS button and closed application, When I reopened the game, I spawned by the 2nd Triangle puzzle with the screen off and heard a sound, I walked to the pillars room and they were on! Infinite time to complete them and satisfying trophy pop!

Once you are able to start making it to the Maze, I highly recommend the puzzle solver, I had like 2 extra minutes of time because I could solve them super fast with it. Also, the 4th puzzle you do after the 3 easy ones tells you the path of the labyrinth/maze, the Golden marks are the puzzle locations although what screen at that spot is random.

This is what I used for Triangle Solver, when you need to clear it, refresh the page.

I triggered this exact glitch on my 2nd "attempt". I had no real hope on either glitch triggering due to the timing fickleness, but it worked out in the end. The triangle solver you mention works like a charm as well.

The first time I made it through to the 2nd triangle puzzle I failed to activate the glitch mentioned by the topic starter, so I immediately tried your idea of closing the game and restarting just to see if your glitch activated. It didn't on the first attempt, though it did on the second and now I have the platinum. Thank you!

Date: 2019 august the first

Game version: 1.05

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

I triggered this exact glitch on my 2nd "attempt". I had no real hope on either glitch triggering due to the timing fickleness, but it worked out in the end. The triangle solver you mention works like a charm as well.

The first time I made it through to the 2nd triangle puzzle I failed to activate the glitch mentioned by the topic starter, so I immediately tried your idea of closing the game and restarting just to see if your glitch activated. It didn't on the first attempt, though it did on the second and now I have the platinum. Thank you!

This is great as this is the last trophy I need.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, de_digibeet said:

Awesome to hear it worked for you! I'm sad to hear to took 2 attempts but I am happy you gave it a 2nd try and got it! ?

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I have unlocked the challenge trophy two days ago using this exploit/bug.

So i can confirm it's still effective on 2019 August the 11st on EURO version.

Thank you for the tip !

I needed some attempt to get the good timing.

What i did :

- on my left, a smartphone with stopwatch app ready

- in front of me, a computer with web browser opened on the following url : http://witness.webcrow.jp

- on my right, another smartphone ready to take picture of the maze

1/ start the challange and the stopwatch at the same time

2/ solve the few first puzzle

3/ take a picture of the maze for both triangle puzzle location

4/ solve all the puzzle until you arrive in the maze

5/ use the picture and the website to go throught the maze and solve both triangle puzzle but don't valid the 2nd one yet.

6/ when you see 6(min)38(sec)30 on the watch, press cross button to validate the 2nd triangle puzzle

7/ go check the final room, the last 2 puzzle should be waiting for you now ;)

if not, try again but don't worry your close

good luck !

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

This is how it worked for me last night.  Thank you so much for posting this because the other method wasn't working for me at all and I was getting so frustrated just trying to make it to the maze puzzles.  The puzzle solver didn't help so much, especially when it came to the cylinder puzzles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Works on PS4 as of 12/23/19.

Pro Tip: Instead of trying to use your own timer or listen for the audio queues, just use this video as a timer. Start the record player as soon as he does in the video so that your music is synced to his, and then proceed as you would usually until the 2nd maze puzzle. Then, just wait and complete it the moment it's completed in the video so you don't have to worry about being too early or too late. It's already timed perfectly here so it's a great resource. Boom, Platinum :)

• 3 months later...
On 05/07/2019 at 10:31 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

After failing a few times to get the 3 second glitch to work, I tried your method and it worked first time!

Another shiny platinum to add to the collection, thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got this with the glitch today. Had to back out of game and restart.  Used the triangle puzzle solver for one, but not the other and remembered the maze puzzle locations myself as well. 

There is time to purposely fail a puzzle if you are stuck, go back and do the previous and get a new one.  But probably only once per round.

If you can do this without the glitch you should be doing something more important that playing this game, seriously, go cure a disease instead!  One column I had was straight forward, got it in seconds, the other took me about 20 minutes and i had the sketch pad out. Crazy. Without that time fart glitch this game would have a UR plat no doubt.

Overall I REALLY enjoyed this game, easily resisted using a guide (normally I do not) to solve the majority of puzzles but I did get stuck a few times, the rainbow ones were a bit much. I did well inside the mountain, the creativity of the game makers was impressive from start to finish, always going to the next level every next level. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, DLJUK said:

Edit: just wanted to add this link, http://witness.webcrow.jp/ this I believe is for the maze puzzles, the ones you have to hover over the solution and time correctly. Using this should make it even easier.

So I did this by mistake, and after it happened to me I looked it up and noticed this is a pretty under the radar bug.

Complete the challenge up to the maze, completed the 1st maze triangles puzzle legit, on the second triangles puzzle hover over the end with the solution. Now you wait for the music to end and count to 3 AFTER the music ends, with correct timing you will complete the puzzle (which for some reason causes a lag spike) at the same time as the puzzles all resetting. If done correctly the lag spike will cause the puzzles not to reset, meaning you now have infinite time to complete the last 2 pillar puzzles which most people consider the hardest part of the challenge.

whatever you do, DO NOT PRESS PAUSE, PS BUTTON OR ANYTHING THAT WILL PUT THE GAME INTO SUSPENSION, THIS WILL REVERT THE BUG AND RESET ALL PUZZLES.

hopefully this helps some of you struggling with the certain challenge as their final trophy.

Dude, you are my hero! I finished this fu... nny little challenge at the end of the game 3 years and 5 months after I first played it. Not to forget the Japanese genius, that wrote the triangle puzzle solver for the maze! Love you guys! ❤️

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 29/03/2019 at 3:49 PM, DLJUK said:

Edit: just wanted to add this link, http://witness.webcrow.jp/ this I believe is for the maze puzzles, the ones you have to hover over the solution and time correctly. Using this should make it even easier.

So I did this by mistake, and after it happened to me I looked it up and noticed this is a pretty under the radar bug.

Complete the challenge up to the maze, completed the 1st maze triangles puzzle legit, on the second triangles puzzle hover over the end with the solution. Now you wait for the music to end and count to 3 AFTER the music ends, with correct timing you will complete the puzzle (which for some reason causes a lag spike) at the same time as the puzzles all resetting. If done correctly the lag spike will cause the puzzles not to reset, meaning you now have infinite time to complete the last 2 pillar puzzles which most people consider the hardest part of the challenge.

whatever you do, DO NOT PRESS PAUSE, PS BUTTON OR ANYTHING THAT WILL PUT THE GAME INTO SUSPENSION, THIS WILL REVERT THE BUG AND RESET ALL PUZZLES.

hopefully this helps some of you struggling with the certain challenge as their final trophy.

Man this guy will do straight to heaven after he pass away! Got it the first time I reached the second maze puzzle... Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, Rizzie-Nino said:

Man this guy will do straight to heaven after he pass away! Got it the first time I reached the second maze puzzle... Thank you so much! 

Haha, I also got it to work the first time I made it to the second maze puzzle. Took me many tries to even get there, as I am not great at some of these puzzles, but it worked like a charm!

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, JABing said:

Haha, I also got it to work the first time I made it to the second maze puzzle. Took me many tries to even get there, as I am not great at some of these puzzles, but it worked like a charm!

Excuse me the glitch still works? And I just need the endgame and  challenge trophy when should I save?