BlindMango

Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

771 posts in this topic

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users. It looks like I'll be stuck with my current PSN name because it's not worth changing it if that means not properly being credited for guides I've written. I know there's the workaround of adding both the old and new PSN names to the same guide, but that just looks messy. Fine if it's just a temporary solution, but who knows when if ever this is going to be fixed? There's no communication.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, Z-Yux said:

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. Hopefully, we can have our old guides transferred over soon. I know that it has been mentioned a good amount of times in this thread, but it has been a little while since the last time I believe.

 

On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users.... There's no communication.

 

@Sly Ripper - Hey, checking in again with this - Is this being worked on at all?

 

Edit (10 days later): Unfortunately I don't think we're going to get any information on this anytime soon...

 

Edited by BlindMango
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am real love your topic @BlindMango Your ranking and the way you put the topics are very wonderful

Edited by SoundDreams
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 0:27 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users. It looks like I'll be stuck with my current PSN name because it's not worth changing it if that means not properly being credited for guides I've written. I know there's the workaround of adding both the old and new PSN names to the same guide, but that just looks messy. Fine if it's just a temporary solution, but who knows when if ever this is going to be fixed? There's no communication.

 

The site owner cares little about anything anymore. 

 

Something like being able to click on the thumbnails for a game series when you look at a trophy list for one of the games should be an option. The game series thumbnails was added two years ago, and still nothing has been done.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Something like being able to click on the thumbnails for a game series when you look at a trophy list for one of the games should be an option. The game series thumbnails was added two years ago, and still nothing has been done.

Actually, you can click on the series thumbnails now and they do stuff. I believe that was added a few hours ago. 😜

   

Also, VR Tags are a thing now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Actually, you can click on the series thumbnails now and they do stuff. I believe that was added a few hours ago. 1f61c.png

   

Also, VR Tags are a thing now.

 

This must of just been added. Well I’ll take my comment back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Actually, you can click on the series thumbnails now and they do stuff. I believe that was added a few hours ago. 1f61c.png

   

Also, VR Tags are a thing now.

 

What do you mean about thumbnails?

 

Can you give me an example, please?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we ever going to fix where the cheaters get removed automatically from the leaderboards when they do the name change trick?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 24 hour waiting period, does it restart every time I attempt to type my new ID into the search box before it is merged?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lidhop said:

This 24 hour waiting period, does it restart every time I attempt to type my new ID into the search box before it is merged?

 

No, it's 24 hours from the switch

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Having a problem with the name change!
My old profile says:

Aww, no trophies here 😟

This profile is probably private

My new profile says:
Error
This user was merged due to a PSN name change

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LPGphotographie said:

Hey guys! Having a problem with the name change!
My old profile says:

Aww, no trophies here 1f61f.png

This profile is probably private

My new profile says:
Error
This user was merged due to a PSN name change

 

You'll need to let 24 hours pass until everything fully merges correctly, then 24 hours from now when you type your new name into the box in the homepage everything should switch over properly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I've just changed my PSN name, but was in the middle of an unpublished Downwell guide... I've tried going onto the 'Mine' tab of the Guides but sadly nothing is displayed there. I have also tried relogging into my account using my old name, but that didn't work either. I have the guide number and can access the page through 'History' but I do not have the permissions to edit it despite it being my guide.

This is a link to it: edit

 

Is this an ongoing problem and is there any staff member who can sort this out so I can finish my guide?

 

Many Thanks

Glacial__Phoenix (Old name: JHunter44)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Hi,

 

I've just changed my PSN name, but was in the middle of an unpublished Downwell guide... I've tried going onto the 'Mine' tab of the Guides but sadly nothing is displayed there. I have also tried relogging into my account using my old name, but that didn't work either. I have the guide number and can access the page through 'History' but I do not have the permissions to edit it despite it being my guide.

This is a link to it: edit

 

Is this an ongoing problem and is there any staff member who can sort this out so I can finish my guide?

 

Many Thanks

Glacial__Phoenix (Old name: JHunter44)

 

Hey you should be able to edit it now :) 

 

Sly, the owner of the site, will change the guides to be tied to name ID rather than username at some point which will fix this, but until then your new name is listed as the second writer of the guide

 

Edited by BlindMango
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

 

Hey you should be able to edit it now :) 

 

Sly, the owner of the site, will change the guides to be tied to name ID rather than username at some point which will fix this, but until then your new name is listed as the second writer of the guide

 

Hi BlindMango,

 

Thanks so much for sorting this out so quickly! I was concerned that I'd written it all for nothing! Being the Second Writer is absolutely fine and I look forward to the update that fixes this completely.

 

Kindest Regards,

Glacial__Phoenix :) 

 

 

Edited by Glacial__Phoenix
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Hi BlindMango,

 

Thanks so much for sorting this out so quickly! I was concerned that I'd written it all for nothing! Being the Second Writer is absolutely fine and I look forward to the update that fixes this completely.

 

Kindest Regards,

Glacial__Phoenix

 

No problem! You can also make a new Downwell guide under your new name and just copy and paste the text from the existing one if you'd rather do that too :P 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlindMango said:

 

No problem! You can also make a new Downwell guide under your new name and just copy and paste the text from the existing one if you'd rather do that too :P 

Would you say that is easy to do and would it be a lot of hassle?

 

Thanks Again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Would you say that is easy to do and would it be a lot of hassle?

 

Thanks Again.

 

It shouldn't be too bad as it's mostly copying and pasting the text over from one guide to another, however you'll have to relink the trophies to use the links for the new guide instead of the old one and you'll also have to re-add tags to each trophy in the new one

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

 

It shouldn't be too bad as it's mostly copying and pasting the text over from one guide to another, however you'll have to relink the trophies to use the links for the new guide instead of the old one and you'll also have to re-add tags to each trophy in the new one

Okay, perfect. Thanks very much. I'll get on with the transfer within the next few days :). 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if anyone could help me here, recently I created a JPN psn account so it’d be possible to purchase Japanese games, I’m just curious as to whether there is a way to purchase the PlayStation now subscription on the JPN store with a psn card or would you have to put in card details?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Wondering if anyone could help me here, recently I created a JPN psn account so it’d be possible to purchase Japanese games, I’m just curious as to whether there is a way to purchase the PlayStation now subscription on the JPN store with a psn card or would you have to put in card details?

 

This is not the thread for this kind of question. You should make a thread here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/846-playstation-network/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.