The End Is Nigh coming 30.04.2019 on PS4

Spinosaurus Rex

Oh nice! I had been waiting for this one (and Super Meat Boy Forever, but that one is delayed). It's a no-brainer for me, looks great, and I had a ton of fun with SMB ?

And if the trophy list is challenging... well then, bring it on! ?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Dear god!!! I hope the iron god achievement dosent end up in the list! Having to beat this game deathless would elevate the platinum to Necrodancer levels of stupidity! 

Honestly, I think The Super Mega Cart! - Unbreakable will be worse for most people, because it can't be cloud/USB-synced and Iron God can. But if you choose to do it legit, then yes, Iron God will be incredibly hard. (I still think Iron God done legit would be easier than Crypt plat).

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

Dear god!!! I hope the iron god achievement dosent end up in the list! Having to beat this game deathless would elevate the platinum to Necrodancer levels of stupidity! 

Well ok ?? i just watched one Video from the Game, but i am interested in everything that can compare to SMB ?

• Like 1

What a pleasant surprise. Another game I can screw my sleep schedule with. :D

2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

I have bought the game, and I can now confirm that Iron god isn’t in the trophy list. Every one can sleep easily again now 1f601.png

It seems that PS versions always get an easier Trophy list. Last game I've played was Hollow Knight, which had insanely difficult achievements on steam compared to PS4.

Well lets see how it will actually turn out this time.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Hold the PS button on your controller and you can see trophies in the quick menu.

I cannot believe that I didn't know this ? Oh well, you always learn something new.. 

In any case, I guess the trophy list will be up here in no time, so instead of taking screenshots and stuff lemme just write down what's included: 

• 32 Bronze Trophies for "Complete xyz", where "xyz" is The End, The Arid Flats, the Overflow, The Wall of Sorrow, the SS Exodus, Retrograde, The Machine, The Hollows, Golgotha, Anguish, Gloom, Blight, Ruin, MortaMan, Blaster Massacre, River City Rancid, Catastrovania, Dig Dead, Ash Cimber, Fallen Fantasy, Rubble Bobble, Morbid Gear, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Scab or Die, Tombs & Torture, Pus-Man, Ghosts & Grieving, Dead Racer, Spike Tales. 
  • 5 Silver Trohpies for "Complete xyz", where "xyz" is The Past, Acceptance, Nevermore, The Tower of Ascension, The Super Mega Cart. 
  • Collect all 9 retro cartridges from The Past
  • Collect all 4 cartridges from ??? (Trophy is THE TOWER OF ASCENSION!, so there you go)
  • Collect 450 Tumors
  • Complete all Cartridges
  • Complete the game in an hour and a half or under... (cannot read further)
  • Collect all Collectibles
  • Beat the full game and all carts!
  • Complete the main game with under 200 deaths. 
  • 100% all Cartridges. 

I know next to nothing about this game, so no idea what to think.. but unless the cartridges are the hardest thing out there, it doesn't look all too challenging! I'm not going to start it yet since I'm leaving tomorrow for holidays, but looking forward to getting to this later! :)

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

I cannot believe that I didn't know this 1f602.png Oh well, you always learn something new.. 

In any case, I guess the trophy list will be up here in no time, so instead of taking screenshots and stuff lemme just write down what's included: 

• 32 Bronze Trophies for "Complete xyz", where "xyz" is The End, The Arid Flats, the Overflow, The Wall of Sorrow, the SS Exodus, Retrograde, The Machine, The Hollows, Golgotha, Anguish, Gloom, Blight, Ruin, MortaMan, Blaster Massacre, River City Rancid, Catastrovania, Dig Dead, Ash Cimber, Fallen Fantasy, Rubble Bobble, Morbid Gear, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Scab or Die, Tombs & Torture, Pus-Man, Ghosts & Grieving, Dead Racer, Spike Tales. 
  • 5 Silver Trohpies for "Complete xyz", where "xyz" is The Past, Acceptance, Nevermore, The Tower of Ascension, The Super Mega Cart. 
  • Collect all 9 retro cartridges from The Past
  • Collect all 4 cartridges from ??? (Trophy is THE TOWER OF ASCENSION!, so there you go)
  • Collect 450 Tumors
  • Complete all Cartridges
  • Complete the game in an hour and a half or under... (cannot read further)
  • Collect all Collectibles
  • Beat the full game and all carts!
  • Complete the main game with under 200 deaths. 
  • 100% all Cartridges. 

I know next to nothing about this game, so no idea what to think.. but unless the cartridges are the hardest thing out there, it doesn't look all too challenging! I'm not going to start it yet since I'm leaving tomorrow for holidays, but looking forward to getting to this later! :)

List look fine, but 100% carts will be very, very long grind. You will have to beat about 20 carts deathless. Until this it should not be too bad.

• Like 1

Decided to buy the game and abandon waiting for unsure Vita port.

It's strange but bronze trophy for completing River City Rancid didn't pop for me even with doing everything including completing it deathless. So probably these trophies for carts are glitched for now.

The End, The Arid Flats and The Overflow I've got without problems.

However, I'm annoyed by fps drop in several places mostly Overflow and The Machine. It's unacceptable in such precise platformer.

Added note: Trophies for Ruin and Acceptance (two last story levels) didn't unlock for me. I think it's probably better now to wait for patch.

9 hours ago, Mattemery said:

None of the cartridge trophies are popping and the secret area in the hollows that requires a key crashes the game upon entering

I can second this. I beat the denial cartridge twice just to be certain, and no trophy popped. Could anyone tweet Edmund on to make him aware?? I’m not a Twitter user myself.

Both Edmund and Nicalis don't give a shit about it, despite several people describing the problem on their Twitter accounts.

It's probably best to get as many collectibles as possible without reaching any trophy requirements until the game is patched. I assume collecting 449 tumors, 8 carts from The Past and 3 carts from ??? will be safe.

I also hope those who got Anguish trophy before The Past trophy won't be flagged.

• Like 1