Internet Browser

xzero4812

i guess it'll, ps3 / psp / Vita does so why not ps4, the ps4 got 8GB of ram, it said it 'll use 7GB for games and 1 for the interface and other things, the question is the ps4 will required a PS+ for online play, will it's internet browser also needed a PS+ to use them as well?

i would hope not/highly doubt that PS+ would be required for internet browsing, and i wonder if the browser will be proprietary like past or will they offer chrome or firefox

i would hope not/highly doubt that PS+ would be required for internet browsing, and i wonder if the browser will be proprietary like past or will they offer chrome or firefox

some peoples actually manage to put firefox on their ps3 i think you need to pay extra for it, as for the internet browser on ps4 i believe it will be way much better. 

I think it should have an internet browser, but really.. What's the point of it. 

We all have computers/phones, do we really need to use internet browsers on the ps3?

But then again sometimes it is easier to get a wallpaper straight from google than get a flash drive and do all that other stuff..

I think it should have an internet browser, but really.. What's the point of it. 

We all have computers/phones, do we really need to use internet browsers on the ps3?

But then again sometimes it is easier to get a wallpaper straight from google than get a flash drive and do all that other stuff..

i personally feel like if ur going to add a feature just make sure it works, the ps3 browser didnt, and now with the ps4 release they are adding all kids of social features and stating that its a match for pcs then it shoud af a capable internet browser, not to mention the ps4 has a touch pad that with the exception of a few devs will largly go unused

i personally feel like if ur going to add a feature just make sure it works, the ps3 browser didnt, and now with the ps4 release they are adding all kids of social features and stating that its a match for pcs then it shoud af a capable internet browser, not to mention the ps4 has a touch pad that with the exception of a few devs will largly go unused

Well if they want a good internet browser, they should also include a special keyboard for the ps4 and a mouse. The touchpad on the little keyboard attachment was really bad, and I don't think the ps4 touchpad will be exactly like a laptop touchpad, either. 

>inb4 just get your own mouse and keyboard

Edited by Kirbz

Maybe when ps3 had the option to install linux, firefox could be used as browser.

i used to use the ps3 browser all the time after my laptop was stolen and i couldnt afford a new one for awhile ( spent to much on games, lol ) i had a wireless keyboard and for what i needed to do i was able to do just fine on the ps3, a bit slow when compared now that i have a new Viao. but either way i still use it from time to time, themes and all.

• 3 weeks later...

its sony im sure theyre gonna throw more accessories @ u  than u can handle

more then I can handle? Please, the PS3 barely had any 1st party accessories, I could count them with the fingers of 1 hand...

-Keypad for Dualshock

-Charger

-Eye

-Remote (for bluray)

-Keyboard

Have I missed any? Perhaps the bluetooth headphones, but I don't really count that as a PS3-specifid accesorie cuz you can use it with other devices. I suppose I should remove the Eye aswell then, cuz you can use it as a PC webcam.

PS: your signature.. that gif... What movie does it come from?

Edited by ElfenSky

more then I can handle? Please, the PS3 barely had any 1st party accessories, I could count them with the fingers of 1 hand...

-Keypad for Dualshock

-Charger

-Eye

-Remote (for bluray)

-Keyboard

Have I missed any? Perhaps the bluetooth headphones, but I don't really count that as a PS3-specifid accesorie cuz you can use it with other devices. I suppose I should remove the Eye aswell then, cuz you can use it as a PC webcam.

PS: your signature.. that gif... What movie does it come from?

well there was also move controllers, buzz buzzer, a playstation surround system, playstation dvr, and both the blu ray remote and bluetooth head sets were revised into 2nd models

side note: my signature came from a tv show called picket fences

Umm, they did have the Browser Icon in the PS4 User Interface screenshots if that helps...

1362038151-1.jpg

Thanks @ the time i made the post i didnt get a good view of this image

I hope Sony will put Google Chrome on the PS4

Hopefully they will include Firefox or Chrome like some said here because the default browser is a lot slower than the others

At least it doesn't have Internet Explorer :awesome:

Well, that or some smart guy/hacker ports them to the console. Or maybe the all-knowing-and-seeing google creates an official Chrome port (though I doubt it). What I want it HTML5 and Adobe Flash support.

Now, I can see HTML5 support being incorporated, but I doubt Flash's going to be there, I mean Adobe dropped the mobile version (huge userbase), and the PS4 doesn't have that big a userbase.

Lol, wait, I've got awesome idea for a joke, gimme 5 minutes, I'm gonna use myself some photoshop.

Follow up to the joke: lQMnaqr.jpg

PS: HOW TO USE SPOILERS, <spoiler></spoiler> doesn't seem to work!!!

Edited by ElfenSky
  • Like 1

Well, that or some smart guy/hacker ports them to the console. Or maybe the all-knowing-and-seeing google creates an official Chrome port (though I doubt it). What I want it HTML5 and Adobe Flash support.

Now, I can see HTML5 support being incorporated, but I doubt Flash's going to be there, I mean Adobe dropped the mobile version (huge userbase), and the PS4 doesn't have that big a userbase.

Lol, wait, I've got awesome idea for a joke, gimme 5 minutes, I'm gonna use myself some photoshop.

Follow up to the joke: lQMnaqr.jpg

PS: HOW TO USE SPOILERS, <spoiler></spoiler> doesn't seem to work!!!

Nice one

I lolled at contains a bit of this and a bit of that

It's next generation... I would hope there will be some sort of browser. Something better than Ps3 please. If consoles are really moving towards PC territory I would imagine a browser for starters.