Vita owners, can I get some feedback?!

Altergigo

I love my vita, been playing Ac liberation mainly and tbh with it's multiplayer, it's all I play ATM. That being said there are so many games available for it with more too come, trophy support and the compatibility with ps3 and ps4 mean its always going to be relevant. I got ninja gaiden, uncharted and gravity rush free on psn+ and there's a lot more there too, I got mine on launch too, I prefer it over my 3ds anyday

• Like 2

We own two VITA's at the moment and each one is used daily. It is an extremely powerful and user friendly handheld that goes way beyond gaming. the online features and ease of connectivity are a real plus! We purchased the WIFI versions and they can cover quite some distance and recognize a lot of stable connections to go online. The PSN store is real easy to use and downloading over WIFI goes really fast! No hauling of several gamecartridges, download and install to play ... I love that!

Apart from the overpriced memorycards (but do get a big one, you'll need it!) it's only drawback is the OLED screen. A fantastic (touch)screen when gaming inside or outside in the shade, but a little bit of sunshine and you can't see a thing.

If you're looking to purchase, but have doubts then rest assured: You will love this handheld! Yes, it is rather expensive, but with a PS+ subscription you'll get more games than you have time to play!

• Like 2

What Vita games have you plat'ed?

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Rayman

Sound Shapes

Modnation Road Trip

Gravity Rush

Reality Fighters

Resistance Burning Skies

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

PlayStation Allstars

Virtues Last Reward

I will also have the Smart As and Little Big Planet plats by the end of the month

• Like 3

So guys to continue this convo cause I am seriously now considering grabbing one and much sooner than later and you guys probably do not want to hear this but do you think Sony will introduce a newer version of the Vita as the PS4 launch approaches, an updated version if you will with maybe some new features? What are your thoughts?

Personally I believe Sony will "push" sales for the VITA by bundling it with the PS4 instead of releasing a new version. Although some new VITA bundles might be released too ... maybe with some games or a big SD card?

• Like 1

only bad things with vita that cant be fixed via system update or with current model are 520p nah 720p was been great 2GB or 4GB of RAM was been great and battery life is usually 3 hours and downloading it again takes over 2 hrs 9hrs of battery life was been great otherwise im fine with my vita i use my PS Vita everyday for mostly YouTube and web browsing i dont own tablet and vita is great for YouTube and internet browsing... still internet browser could get few fixes

• Like 1

I don't think a new VITA will come out, at least not any time soon. Personally my 3DS has held me over, but the VITA is a heck of a machine. All it takes is one price drop or a good bundle to get me to make the purchase.

• Like 1

We own two VITA's at the moment and each one is used daily. It is an extremely powerful and user friendly handheld that goes way beyond gaming. the online features and ease of connectivity are a real plus! We purchased the WIFI versions and they can cover quite some distance and recognize a lot of stable connections to go online. The PSN store is real easy to use and downloading over WIFI goes really fast! No hauling of several gamecartridges, download and install to play ... I love that!

Apart from the overpriced memorycards (but do get a big one, you'll need it!) it's only drawback is the OLED screen. A fantastic (touch)screen when gaming inside or outside in the shade, but a little bit of sunshine and you can't see a thing.

If you're looking to purchase, but have doubts then rest assured: You will love this handheld! Yes, it is rather expensive, but with a PS+ subscription you'll get more games than you have time to play!

Some really great feedback re the system. I don't plan to play it outside I don't think. I work A LOT and most of my days and some evenings I'm stuck at the office so thats where it will get most of its use. I also don't have a need for the 3G version as I would never see myself buying a data plan for I always have wifi access where I plan to use it. I also recently bought a 3 month PS+ subscription to test it out and you guys are all right in saying that PS+ is truly a great value especially for Vita with all the free games.

[small rant] Which honestly kind of pisses me off since Ive paid for XBL for the past 6 years and have gotten no such perks... Oh wait... ya... they've allowed me to watch my Netflix which I already pay for... I have no idea how they can get away with that one lol [end rant]

• Like 1

I have a vita, so I would say yes if you can get a good enough deal for it.

I have easily put in 60+ hours on Hot shots golf world invitational alone. (The trophies are a real grind.)

Don't worry to much about Sony bring out a new vita, it might not happen for at least a year or two.

• Like 1

the only thing that sucks about the vita is its console game bundles

Black Ops Declassified is terrible

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation is glitchy as ballz

Madden NFL 13 & Lego Batman 2 are inferior to their console versions

PS+ bundle is definitely the best bundle because you get 3 great games (Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush) off the bat and 1 year of the service so more games.

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

Just purchased a Vita off eBay a few days ago for $140 after reading some of you guys comments.

I also went to GameStop today and purchased:

Persona 4 Golden

Soul Sacrifice

Resistance (Forgot the rest of the title) 

FIFA 13 (Need my football fix)

Those should last me awhile and I appreciate all of your opinions, really helped me decide.

• Like 1

I have easily put in 60+ hours on Hot shots golf world invitational alone. (The trophies are a real grind.)

That would be the game I would buy. I had Hot Shots for my PSP and played the hell out of it...

PS+ bundle is definitely the best bundle because you get 3 great games (Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush) off the bat and 1 year of the service so more games.

That's a great point. i never thought of it that way and you're right, the bundles I wasn't too excited about although I did see an upcoming bundle with The Walking Dead which I would be interested in, however I don't know if I wan to wait that long. Plus I think the PS+ bundle will come out to be a better value.

PSP is nothing compared to the Vita. I honestly only bought it for new trophy opportunities and it has grown into my day to day web browser, guide and anything i use the computer for. i love this device. A+++++++ rating. I suck at reviews but yea, for $300 you'll be satisfied. better than them lame nintendo DS 3DS etc....all they know how to do is make games for kids and think that mario is still a best seller....psh. mario died when the N64 did...

• Like 2

That's a great point. i never thought of it that way and you're right, the bundles I wasn't too excited about although I did see an upcoming bundle with The Walking Dead which I would be interested in, however I don't know if I wan to wait that long. Plus I think the PS+ bundle will come out to be a better value.

Telltale's TWD is a great game but a short experience

The Vita is great. A bunch of great titles are conming out this year, like Final Fantasy X HD & Bit Trip Runner 2. I reccomend Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, & Resistance: Burning Skies. Killzone: Mercenary.

• Like 1

^_^ just stating the truth. 

More like stating an extremely biased post. Also, how ironic saying they make games for kids when you are playing RIO and Shrek.

Altergigo: I love the hot shots series. Sony should make another for PS4 in the near future. :lol:

I bought a vita about a month and half ago from a co-worker for $100 and my copy of injustice. And i have no regrets at all. To be honest there was only one game that i wanted for the VIta and that was Persona 4 golden and that game did not disappoint either. Sure it was a remake but still played and looked great. Over all i honestly do not have a negative thing to say about the vita and i am normally not a handheld player. The vita changed that in a mere 2 hours with Persona and Playstation AllStars Battle Royale..  Not to mention you can throw ps1 purchases made over PSN onto it so i now have the first 3 resident evils as well.. Great system in my opinion.

• Like 2

Altergigo: I love the hot shots series. Sony should make another for PS4 in the near future. :lol:

Right there with you... I hope so. Funny thing I've never owned or played any Tiger Woods games and I love golf games... Only game Ive ever owned has been Hot Shots lol...

I bought a vita about a month and half ago from a co-worker for $100 and my copy of injustice. And i have no regrets at all. To be honest there was only one game that i wanted for the VIta and that was Persona 4 golden and that game did not disappoint either. Sure it was a remake but still played and looked great. Over all i honestly do not have a negative thing to say about the vita and i am normally not a handheld player. The vita changed that in a mere 2 hours with Persona and Playstation AllStars Battle Royale..  Not to mention you can throw ps1 purchases made over PSN onto it so i now have the first 3 resident evils as well.. Great system in my opinion.

I had FF7 for my PSP but loving the idea of the first 3 RE's... Ya that was a great decision to grab those.