Vita owners, can I get some feedback?!

Altergigo

So this is a sincere question to all you Vita owners. I had a PSP and well, I wasn't too enthused with it, I used it, then it got old collected dust and I traded it in. I was happy with it but the experience didn't last as long as I'd hoped so I was a little disappointed at the price tag I paid for it on launch day.

Are you guys very happy with your Vita purchase? mainly the cost, do you feel that it was well worth the 250$? Just trying to get some feedback before I jump in blindly again. Target right now has a bundle with Lego Batman 2 for 250$ so I'm thinking of picking it up but wanted opinions on the system itself.

Thanks!

I had a PSP too but the Vita is way better.

Got mine second hand for £120.

So glad i got it. Cross play games, cross trophies, free games on PS+ etc....

At the minute i'm on my Vita more than my PS3.

One thing - buy a big memory card. I bought a small one and ended up trading in for a bigger size.

Not regretted buying my Vita.

BUY ONE!!!!

• Like 3

The Vita is a great handheld. Only bad thing is the lack of games. I'd say that the bundle is a decent price... depends on what type of Vita it is though like if it's the 3G one. Get it if it's the 3G. I paid more than $250 for my 3G version and it came alone without any games. It's a good thing you have + since you can get a lot of Vita games for free such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush etc... Vita plays and handles well. There are a lot of JRPGs that you'd like.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your feedback, I appreciate it. I've heard about the lack of games, but I can find a few that I really like and they will occupy much of my time, so that part I'm not too worried about. And yes I read about the mem cards definitely will get the bigger one and of course a big draw is the PS+ games that I can dload for free so it's really looking way more positive of a purchase than my PSP was.

I think it is the best handheld platform there is. I love all the games on it and there are some really good games coming out soon and amazing indie titles. I had a PSP and it is much better also if you do get one get PS+ it makes the experience much better just make sure you get the 16 or 32 gb cards since you will fill it up with PS+.

• Like 1

Definitely worthy of getting the handheld IMO. Have had one since it launched and its great. The cross platform capabilities with the PS4 alone make it worth it also. Then they constantly have games on the store where if you buy one you get the other free. Same with some games having two trophy sets. Just a great deal overall I think.

• Like 1

I have had no regrets getting a vita at all. Especially with the benefits of free games from ps plus (only have 3 retail games). It's a really good investment imo and admittedly there aren't many AAA games on the market I still feel there is hope once the ps4 is released.

If you like to game on the go a vita is a recommended purchase

• Like 1

great feedback guys. Thanks much! It seems that the majority is happy with it and I agree, I feel when PS4 comes out, we may see Vita take on a whole new life and the possibilities are definitely exciting.

I definitely don't regret buying mine. I got my Crystal White Vita on Black Friday for $200. I really enjoyed AC Liberation. I plan to get into Gravity Rush, and quite a few other games too, but I need to upgrade my card first. (I filled up the 4GB card it came with almost immediately.) I played a bit of Ragnarok Odyssey, which was pretty fun of you have people to play with, too.

I would say it really depends on what your money situation is like as well. But I do enjoy mine, and there are some pretty solid titles coming out for it. It's also a really nice companion piece to a PS3, and it looks like it'll remain the same for the PS4. If you can hold out a bit, I would try to get it for $200. Overall, I'm going to say yes, it's worth getting. Especially considering most tablets are $300 - $600 and don't offer an exclusive library of games.

• Like 2

Out of all the handheld systems I've ever owned (and to my knowledge I own every one that has been released in America) the PlayStation Vita is by far and away the best one I have. There are plenty of games available and apart from the stupidly expensive memory cards I can't think of a single flaw. The dual analog sticks work great, the touch screen and rear touchpad work great and generally don't feel forced into games and it has plenty of non gaming apps if you feel like doing something other than gaming, like watch Netflix. I've used my Vita everyday since launch and have not regretted it one bit. 

Parker

• Like 3

Out of all the handheld systems I've ever owned (and to my knowledge I own every one that has been released in America) the PlayStation Vita is by far and away the best one I have. There are plenty of games available and apart from the stupidly expensive memory cards I can't think of a single flaw. The dual analog sticks work great, the touch screen and rear touchpad work great and generally don't feel forced into games and it has plenty of non gaming apps if you feel like doing something other than gaming, like watch Netflix. I've used my Vita everyday since launch and have not regretted it one bit. 

Parker

Well stated. 

I think the Vita has a lot of worthy games if you take the time to look for them.

I used to have a 3DS and sold it later due to the fact that I got tired of playing the same old Nintendo games. Most of the 3DS titles just didn't appeal to me. I wanted to play games like Metroid Prime and Twilight princess but as the months progressed, I knew Nintendo was dead set on their path to appeasing the casuals.

The Vita, on the other hand, introduced me to new genres I never would have imagined to enjoy. Plus, the free games and trophies are extra

• Like 1