Atelier Raiza: The Queen of Eternal Darkness and the Secret Hideout announced for PS4

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals Atelier Raiza: The Queen of Eternal Darkness and the Secret Hideout for PlayStation 4. It will launch this fall in Japan for 7,800 yen. 10,800 yen and 19,540 yen limited editions will also be available.

The protagonist is Raizalin Staud (voiced by Yuri Noguchi), a normal girl who feels uneasy in her tranquil everyday life. Seeking excitement, she is always on the lookout for something interesting with her friends. She is a freewheeling girl with a strong sense of justice. When she thinks she is right, it is not easy to tell her otherwise. This is her story about finding something she never thought was so dear to herself after discovering alchemy and meeting a certain someone.

As for the field, in order to depict daily life and adventuring even deeper than previous Atelier titles, the height of the sky, flower thickets, and the like are being made more realistically in order for players to get a greater sense of the land than before.

Battles utilize an all-new turn-based command system, and are more tense and aggressive than before. There is also a new system in which players get a sense of their bonds with other characters.

Synthesis utilizes a new system in which “creation” is the keyword. It uses an easier to understand and more responsive format. Rather than the tile-based systems of recent Atelier titles, it is now more of a a skill tree-like tree system.

More here - https://gematsu.com/2019/05/atelier-raiza-announced-for-ps4

• Like 1

Interesting

Wonder if it will be open world?

Not the biggest Atelier fan, I tried playing Atelier Rorona recently and stopped after assignment 6 because it was so boring and grindy

The newer games I played, Sophie and Firis (which where also my first Atelier games) I absolutely love, and I think the soundtracks are amazing

Atelier Firis I especially loved because of the big areas and the sense of adventure they evoked, and the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic

I haven't played the ones after Firis yet, I hope they're just as good but I heard they're not open world which sucks

A big problem with this series is that the NPCs are kinda garbage. Like cardboard cutouts. Could they have maybe more than one or two lines of text.

I think the games overall could be a lot better witih some better writing

Edited by MeteoraXV

Atelier is dead guys nothing to see here... what a f****g joke is this Gust? a mixed game with blue reflection with a skill-tree system and more deep world to explore and the possibility to use differents tools to gather items in the same spot plus "summer memorie" trash and more realistic graphic, a new concept of music and the source said that already have the 45% of this s**t project already done? the hell is that? First Atelier Lulua destroyed one of the best trilogy with a fouth game that nobody ask just because the name of "Arland" mean money to you and now this strange stuff? and this quoted is hilarious:

“Synthesis, gathering, and battle being the core three elements of the game has not changed.”

I suppose it mean no more Atelier with time management like old games? do whatever you want Gust I don't think buy Lulua or other game like this"new Atelier" 

• Like 1

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/atelier-ryza-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Famitsu has gone up with its online preview of this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu, which features Atelier Ryza and confirms plans for release on Switch and PC in addition to PlayStation 4. While the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions are due out this fall in Japan, a release date for the PC version has yet to be announced.

y_5ceb6ec3eb0f4.jpg

z_5ceb6ec46b213.jpg

Atelier Ryza official Japanese website opened, first screenshots and video

■ Introduction

Atelier Ryza

Everyone has memories with friends, but they are special to each one of us.

This is a story of a girl and her friends, discovering something important to them before they become adults.

■ World

Feel the lights, shadows, and breath of the world. Visit the world of a new Atelier—.

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

■ Characters

Reisalin Stout (Ryza) (voiced by Yuri Noguchi)

Atelier Ryza

An ordinary girl characterized by her lack of special characteristics. She can be reckless and a bit of a tomboy, has a strong sense of justice, and does not easily change her mind when she thinks she is right.

After a certain “encounter,” change comes to her everyday life.

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

■ System

A New “Creation” System

A new “creation” system that has yet to be done in an Atelier game will appear. Please look forward to more information.

The familiar synthesis, gathering, and battles of the Atelier series have been revamped.

The fun of the Atelier series will be reborn as something even deeper.

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza

■ Creators

• Scenario: Gust and Yashichiro Takahashi
  • Character Design: Toridamono

■ Products

Standard Edition (7,800 yen)

Atelier Ryza

Available physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch, and digitally for PC via Steam.

Premium Box (10,800 yen)

Atelier Ryza

• A copy of the game for PlayStation 4 or Switch
  • Download code for “Divell’s Embrace” costume for Ryza
  • Atelier Ryza art book
  • Atelier Ryza illustration B2 cloth poster
  • Atelier Ryza stained glass-style clear file two-set
  • Atelier Ryza acyrlic mini character charm

Special Collector’s Box (19,540 yen)

Atelier Ryza

• Atelier Ryza special illustration extra-large cloth poster
  • Atelier Ryza secret base acrylic diorama set
  • Atelier Ryza “Connected!” character poster six-set
  • A copy of the game + Premium Box items

And here's the background music from the website:

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida

Or I could just get Xenoblade 2 expansion if I want to explore that bad. Areas were already too big in Mysterious and Lulua. They have nothing interesting in them and it's generally pointless to fight monsters. It really does not matter if I have 100 spots to collect the same Magic Grass from and the game assets are too poor to make areas that are both expansive and good looking. I guess it still looks better than Lulua, tho

Atelier Ryza introduces three new characters

1fe96bbda2e3a1531fc9ff06e0dac647.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Atelier Ryza: The Queen of Eternal Darkness and the Secret Hideout, including the introduction of three new characters (plus a sub-character) and a short story summary.

Here are the details:

Characters

• Lent Marslink (voiced by Takuma Terashima) – Treated coldly by the village for some reason. His dream is to achieve a feat that will change the village’s view towards him. He comes off as someone who pushes his luck, but can be quite sensible and is often keeping Ryza in check. Since his father was a mercenary, he wears his armor.
  • Tao Mongarten (voiced by Yui Kondou) – A boy who carries around a profound old book that he is continuously trying to decipher. He is shy and not very social, but his friends are very important to him and not something he would abandon.
  • Claudia Barents (voiced by Hitomi Oowada) – A young woman traveling with her peddler father. She is mild-mannered, but has strong determination and does not yield her opinions. She wants to go on an adventure with everyone, and is looking for comrades in search of a true friend. In battle, she uses a flute and clarinet-like wind instrument.
    • Rubert Barents (voiced by Kenji Hamada) – Claudia’s father. He is a clearheaded and clever merchant. He seems to be overly protective of Claudia.

Summary

The main setting is Kuken Island, which resides in the middle of a lake. Ryza is an ordinary girl who lives on the island’s Razenbozen Village. Together with her childhood friends Lent and Tao, she sets off on a journey outside the island. There, she meets a male alchemist, who takes her on as an apprentice, and takes her first steps into the world of alchemy. Her friends also begin to face their own dreams.

Producer Junzo Hosoi Interview Tidbits

• “This time, I think we need to show an Atelier different from the past, even more so than we did with Atelier Lulua. By continuing on the same path, the same old thing will end up becoming a sense of security.”
  • “We have yet to cast shadows on characters, but I wanted to challenge that kind of expression, perhaps due to an illustration from Toridamono.”
  • “Ryza had a mini-skirt at first, but Toridamono thought she should have skin-tight shorts.”
  • “The Atelier series is 23 years-old. I thought it would be good to go back to a familiar story from here.”

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 1:53 AM, AlchemistWer said:

Atelier is dead guys nothing to see here... what a f****g joke is this Gust? a mixed game with blue reflection with a skill-tree system and more deep world to explore and the possibility to use differents tools to gather items in the same spot plus "summer memorie" trash and more realistic graphic, a new concept of music and the source said that already have the 45% of this s**t project already done? the hell is that? First Atelier Lulua destroyed one of the best trilogy with a fouth game that nobody ask just because the name of "Arland" mean money to you and now this strange stuff? and this quoted is hilarious:

“Synthesis, gathering, and battle being the core three elements of the game has not changed.”

I suppose it mean no more Atelier with time management like old games? do whatever you want Gust I don't think buy Lulua or other game like this"new Atelier" 

Too bad Atelier fans these days aren't like us and more like MeteoraXV.

The old Atelier is dead. It's just a Nep clone now.

43 minutes ago, Godot54432 said:

Too bad Atelier fans these days aren't like us and more like MeteoraXV.

The old Atelier is dead. It's just a Nep clone now.

It's really sad but I'm already resigned, lately I always have problem with people when talk about Atelier, after Shallie the serie took another route and now we have this kind of thicc atelier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

It's really sad but I'm already resigned, lately I always have problem with people when talk about Atelier, after Shallie the serie took another route and now we have this kind of thicc atelier. 

Lulua was what broke me. Making an Arland game like that... they clearly do not care to make the kind of game I want to play anymore.

41 minutes ago, Godot54432 said:

Lulua was what broke me. Making an Arland game like that... they clearly do not care to make the kind of game I want to play anymore.

Exactly, at least do another Arland game like the previous you alredy did 10 years ago but no, now that Gust change the formule and they must continue with it until the end, if tomorrow they return and do another game with time limite like Rorona or Totori, people will be very dissapoint and angry.

1 hour ago, Arin1979 said:

I was traumatized with Rorona and Meruru, with limited days, cooking things ... with two guides because I couldn't miss events, too much stress.

Truth but saddly Atelier start with this premise in 1997 with Atelier Marie. The first game without time limite (for plot proposite) was Atelier Judie back in 2003 or 2002, I don't remember the exactly date.

• Like 1

Boy Reading This thread now i'm actually scared to buy some of the new one like Firis i saw on the Retail shope in my area O.o 

I Played (and almost platted...) Both Rorona and totori and Have Rorona Plus & Murur Plus to play. I Loved them, one of the 2 Best Jrpgs i ever played, is the game really so much different from that times now?

Did Gust really maanged to Ruin even this series making it commercial too after HN?.... 

PS: Boy i don't like the Guys in Ryza if there are just this 2....