The average UK gamer is 35, male, and has relationship problems

drummerklg

The average gamer in the U.K. is aged 35, male and plays for roughly 2.5 hours per day, a new survey by Pixwoo has found.

The survey polled 2,000 residents across the country, determining that the average gamer is married and rakes in an average annual income of £23,000. They also find time to game for five days each week.

Elsewhere, Pixwoo turned up some interesting stats in terms of console ownership. Apparently, the average player has purchased at least two platforms, 18 games, and takes roughly one month to finish a title.

Unsurprisingly, the survey found that couples argue over gaming time, with 15 per cent of those polled admitting they have broken up with their partner due to their hobby.

In terms of next-generation consoles, 44 per cent of participants confirmed they intend to purchase a PS4, Xbox One or new PC in the next year. Nintendo Wii is the most popular among those polled, followed by PS3 and Xbox 360.

Edited by drummerklg

Seriously? What "gamers" have they chosen? You can see that they picked casual gamers because, come on, Nintendo Wii is the most popular? Don't get me wrong, I have a Wii too, but that's a console for families and casual gamers.

Oh well, I don't mind anyway, I just hate surveys like that because that's not the average UK gamer, that's the average UK gamer between these 2000 people. It's the same problem I have with statistics at university. Anyways, just ignore my rambling  ;)

• Like 3

I am none of those things - well maybe

UK resident

late 30s

married and it the closest it comes to game related rows is "I am going to bed, will you be up soon?" If I say 10 mins and its an hour she ain't happy. If I say its an hour and its an hour its ok.

game for an hour or two 4 or 5 nights a week

get paid more than £23,000

currently taking forever to finish games

have more then one console

have over 18 games on my Vita alone.

Intend to buy a next gen console

And I wasn't part of any survey that has asked me about games.

This is just another gamer attack, media hates gamers, every incident in america is blamed on video games, but that is hardly the truth. We jusy need to get used to their bias.

Why is that a gamer attack?

They asked gamers, got answers and there isn't really anything bad in the result; it only summarizes what the poll told them.

Besides, it's not only America - pretty much everywhere it's the fault of videogames, if something happens. Before that it was television.

Personally I stopped carrying about rants like that.

@topic: Well, why not?

2000 people have taken their time to vote. Not exactly representative, but nothing to get annoyed up about either. Looks as if they would get very similar results, if they would have taken "watching TV" or "reading books" as a topic.

lol I'm not average

I'm only 14

never been in a relationship

I play at least 3 hours per day (5 on weekends)

and I only make about £300 per year (Birthdays and Xmas)

• Like 1

1348107455522_5379739.png

By the way my gf is a reasearch analyst and I'm constantly complaining to her that I think the sample sizes for most of the studies are too small and she always tells me it's fine. 2000 participants would actually be considered a very large sample size these types of studies.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Soc_participants.shtml

lol I'm not average

I'm only 14

never been in a relationship

I play at least 3 hours per day (5 on weekends)

and I only make about £300 per year (Birthdays and Xmas)

This information says a huge amount and explains alot of things mentioned in other threads! Thanks for the context :)

• Like 1

This information says a huge amount and explains alot of things mentioned in other threads! Thanks for the context :)

no problem :lol:

also I'm insane, but sanity wasn't on the list :pimp:

Edited by Ebbwvalerule

1348107455522_5379739.png

By the way my gf is a reasearch analyst and I'm constantly complaining to her that I think the sample sizes for most of the studies are too small and she always tells me it's fine. 2000 participants would actually be considered a very large sample size these types of studies.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Soc_participants.shtml

I am sure that a sample of 2000 randomly chosen people would provide some quality data, but this survey was by Pixwoo which advertises itself as a sotial space for gamers. So not particularly random to start with.

• 3 weeks later...