Haderax - how I beat the Invincible

Ringtonwhaledog

It is a pain and took me 2 days, hence why I wanted to capture the end of my pain.

Level 52 Axton on normal difficulty.

Preparation : You need to complete the DLC main mission for it to be available as a side quest from Sir Hammerlock

1) Get the 'mouthwash' relic the Paradise Found mission in 'Paradise Sanctum' - believe you get this by default

2) You have to do other side quests to make 'The Hunt is Vaughan' available

3) Progress this mission until you have to kills the 2 spider queens but before doing that bit of the mission back up your character and profile.
4) Get the 'toothpick' assault rifle from the 2 spider queens part of the mission. If it does not drop reload your save and do the mission again. 

5) I had a stack of 'eridium' from playing this a couple of years ago and invested all in the Assault rifle storage leaving enough for the boss fight ( but you can repeat the DLC locations and they are pretty generous with eridium ). This maximises the storage capacity of the 'toothpick'

6) I reloaded my character onto 'True Vault Hunter Mode' and farmed the Treants in 'The Forest' (Tiny Tina DLC) to get a 'Bee Shield' (dropped first time, never used one before !)

7) Reset my 'skill/attributes' and choice those that enhanced 'Assault Rifles' and 'Gun Damage'

Note : There is a 'retainer' shield that you can get but did not use it in the end ( it does make you super quick moving about and think is meant to assist in stopping the regeneration by giving you a chance to hit him)

Started the mission (for xxth time) and ran across the platforms to be diagonally opposite the speakers. There is a ledge off at the left / back as you are running towards it that you can crouch and drop onto. This is a near perfect "safe spot" although not entirely damage free. But its good to keep your shield fully charged (which is important to maximise what the Bee Shield does with enhanced damage). Wait until the beasty comes up the nearest vent and you have a brief window to hit his crit spot. Even observe and watch and train your gun ready for the next time. If you miss wait until he appears in that spot again. Once hit he then drops into a stun for c 10 seconds during which you keep on firing. I took half his health without ever hitting his crit spot again. He then pops up twice more and you unload both times, each one took another 25 %. (After 3 he goes into the regeneration cycle so if it has a sliver of health keep on firing).

Hope this helps, it was frustrating but good to play Borderlands 2 again...….

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With bee shield and a good smg this boss is a joke. Takes less than a minute solo even with a rank 53.

You can farm the bee at your level in the main game (forgot the name, that radio dj guy in the desert), takes about an hour. Would never use another shield again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, colia100 said:

With bee shield and a good smg this boss is a joke. Takes less than a minute solo even with a rank 53.

You can farm the bee at your level in the main game (forgot the name, that radio dj guy in the desert), takes about an hour. Would never use another shield again.

Another farming spot for a Bee Shield is the Treants in 'The Forest' in the Tiny Tina DLC

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you sign up for the Borderlands VIP club on Gearbox's website, you can earn points and use them to generate specific weapons in game.  You also get a free random weapon (there are 10 and 7 of them are rainbow ones).  I got a Toothpick for my free one and enough points to get a Bee.  They come into the game at your level.  With Toothpick, Mouthwash (increases Toothpick Damage), and the Bee, I killed him in 30 seconds (although I was lvl 52 and Haderax level 40).

Up until that point, I was having some luck with slagging him when he hides.  He will hide the first time when he gets down to 75% health.  If you can prevent him from charging back to 100% by slagging him 2-3 times when he runs around, then he won't hide until he gets down to 25%.  Unfortunately on that run, I stupidly got in the way when he dove into the ground and there were no small worms to get out of Fight for your Life so I can't be sure if it would have worked the rest of the way.

A way to beat him easily in UVHM is to first farm Uranus for a Conference Call and farm a Bee Shield from the Treants (Tiny Tina DLC). Also have an effective slag weapon like a pimpernel (with slag variant) or a grog nozzle. When you fight him, get up to the safe spot where he can't damage you - there's plenty of videos that show this. Once you're up there, wait for him to appear through the hole directly in front of you and then slag him as he's coming up. Once he's slagged, switch to the CC and unload on the weak point atop his head. This could take a few tries, but he'll eventually fall over and open up. Move towards him while firing the CC at the newly exposed weakspot and you should be able to defeat him in a few seconds from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up beating Haderax The Invincible with (most of) the gear I currently had equipped after reaching lvl 50 with my Siren during the mission "Toil And Trouble" on true vault hunter mode. I then switched back to my normal playthrough to confront him as he’s lvl 40 (out levelling him by 10 lvls) using the Toothpick rainbow assault rifle (lvl 33) I recently looted from a Sand Worm from The Burrows. It took me about ten or so minutes to take out all of the boss’s health due to it’s health regeneration. I never used any other weapons to stop this instead shooting it when ever possible to stop it from ever regenerating (not sure what the delay is).

Overall, I found I had no real troubles beating this boss. Whenever I found myself at below 200 Toothpick ammo I’d phaselock a Sand Worm (the Siren's skill tree allows me to kill enemies upon phaselocking) gaining 800+ assault rifle ammo from each kill. I should also suggest the use of the Mouthwash rainbow relic (the one you get after completing the Commander Lilith And The Fight For Sanctuary story).

That’s about it, really.

Edited by Dry

Am I missing something with this boss? Why does it require you to be at a level high enough to decimate him quickly? I am working on getting a bee shield and using the Firehawk method, but it just kind of upsets me that I even need to do this. The last fight I had with him he couldn't beat me and I couldn't beat him. Is there an actual legit way to stop him from healing himself that I am not hearing about?

16 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

Am I missing something with this boss? Why does it require you to be at a level high enough to decimate him quickly? I am working on getting a bee shield and using the Firehawk method, but it just kind of upsets me that I even need to do this. The last fight I had with him he couldn't beat me and I couldn't beat him. Is there an actual legit way to stop him from healing himself that I am not hearing about?

The only way to stop him healing when he runs away, is to keep hitting him with Elemental attacks.