Kill Your Completion X

I think how I am going to Heal my Completion is by using the Trophy Advisor as a guide, earn a trophy from it, and then just go from there. For example, after I sift through the huge backlog of KH3 trophies(because I couldn't complete the play due to the dumb installation procedure that made it impossible to enter the Realm of the Gods :(), the first trophy on these games is Summer's End, which is for completing the Roxas prologue in KH2FM. It shouldn't be too hard as I can take a few hours to grind. Then there is the trophy for completing your first skirmish in Ni no Kuni II which is easy to do as I'm close to the event that triggers that mandatory skirmish and it's just a tutorial on how they work so I shouldn't be annihilated. xD

This way I can take things in pieces and bits and slowly get to the end, that way I don't get frustrated as hell. In the end, Secret of Mana will probably the one I bullrush to the end as it's the shortest of the RPGs.

Finally got the online portion for Burnout Paradise Remastered over with. Never going to try to get 8 people together for any form of boosting ever again. As such a lot of the DLC can go burn in a fire. Probably going to go ham throughout this and next week, as there's a lot of races and misc stuff to still be done. Probably will do a handfl of races between other games to make it bearable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes Lol. I have that game in my backlog. Not looking forward to rounding up that many people... I tried to once for Battle of Z, and I believe we just did it with 5. It's just a massive pain to organize boosts with a large number of people. :/ 

I'ts only a pain in the ass, because people just sign up whether they are able to show up at the indicated time and date, or not. I have a hard time understanding why people just don't say that they can't at the given time and ask if it was possible to push it back by X

First time 5 out of 8 didn't show up, 2nd try 2 dropped out, 1 showed up 1h and 30m late and another one said he couldn't at the time, but would be available when he was "done" (whatever the fuck that means).

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

I was also very bored while finishing this game. I was on the edge of passing out on multiple occasions. I guess I'm not interested in Visual novels that don't let me date hot and/or cute guys.

I am probably not the target audience for otome games, but I enjoyed a number of those more than this. Might not have helped I was unfamiliar with the series, but it is one of the most dull ones I've read.

• Like 2

Finished the story for The Caligula Effect. Not too bad actually. Now the grind really begins with clearing the class mysteries and grinding to level 100. As I am currently only level 33, this is going to be a long haul I think.

• Like 2

Well, @Metal Slime King was right. Lollipop Chainsaw just got crazier and crazier. From fighting a Viking zombie (and eventually just his head) to a giant chicken zombie, and everything in between. A little bit of a grind for trophies, and I kept dying in the dumbest ways on one of the levels in Rank Mode. :/ But overall, very much enjoyed this one. Maybe should give Killer is Dead another shot, since I seem to really like Suda51. :hmm: 

Also, finally wrapped up .hack from the previous event. Last game was super short, and a bit disappointing. The cutscenes looked pretty nice, but the rest of the game looked no better than the PS2 entries. It was also only a couple hours long, stretched to 3 due to the cutscene for the bonus dungeon not appearing.. Kinda cool they got almost everyone to come back and voice their old parts, though. Or very similar voices?

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@PerryToxteth I also ended up getting sdie-tracked a lot with all the different side quests. I think I finished the game at the 76ish hour mark. The DLCs then added another 20 or so hours to it (not worth the full price imo). Have you tried out the tour guide mode yet?

I have done 10-12 tours in the discovery mode so far. They pack some pretty good information in, I just wish it could have been incorporated into the regular game somehow. I liked in games past, when you encountered something significant, you could just hit the options menu to get the building's info. But I'm glad the included the mode for something different.

Quick question- would it be beneficial to knock out some dlc play before progressing too far with the main game? I remember in a past AC game (might have been Unity), where you unlocked a sweet weapon at the end of a dlc. But of course, I had already platted the main game so there was really no use for it. Any goodies in Origins dlc to nab?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I have done 10-12 tours in the discovery mode so far. They pack some pretty good information in, I just wish it could have been incorporated into the regular game somehow. I liked in games past, when you encountered something significant, you could just hit the options menu to get the building's info. But I'm glad the included the mode for something different.

Quick question- would it be beneficial to knock out some dlc play before progressing too far with the main game? I remember in a past AC game (might have been Unity), where you unlocked a sweet weapon at the end of a dlc. But of course, I had already platted the main game so there was really no use for it. Any goodies in Origins dlc to nab?

The DLC is end game content. You'll be asked, if you want to get auto-boosted to the recommended level (40 I think), Leaving it for last is the best option I'd say. There is plenty of good gear to be had playing through the base game.

There is one type of side missions (I think they are a different colour) that are given to you by a merchant kid called Reda. Those always give very good rewards and usually are for your level at the time. He seems to sort of travel to the same cities/regions you do while progressing through the story, so keep an eye out for him.  I sort of made it a habit of going wherever he showed up, even if it happened to be somewhat out of the way.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Nearing my 50th hour in Pillars of Eternity. Reached chapter 3 (final one afaik) and started the first of two DLCs, which I'm almost done with. Killed my first Dragon, and have found another one who I haven't been able to defeat yet.  Still have around 15-20 side quests active at this point and have yet to explore a few areas.

I also upgraded the stronghold to the max (needs a couple of days to finalise the last upgrade). Once that is done, it's hoping for a Legendary adventure to show up, so I can get the arguably most difficult trophy out of the way. Got two more companions as well, who are from the DLC.

Encountered another bug, which I haven't found a fix for. The ranger class has an animal companion, however the animal disappeared after switching out party members and after swapping the ranger back in. This one is kind of bad, because a lot of the ranger's skills are related to the "pet".

I'll probably finish up the first DLC on the weekend and maybe try to clear all the remaining side quests in the base game.

• Like 4

So, I didn't get through the 10 games alotted as Papers Please and The Midnight Sanctuary didn't get played. But I did review 8 games for KYCX and I think that's not too bad all things considered.

So what has happened after the event and has there been any more progress to the games from my KYC list.

Inside

Trophies: 3/14 - 15% ➡️ 14/14 - 100%

Tacoma

Trophies: 7/13 - 59% ➡️ 13/13 - 100%

WRC5

Trophies: 19/38 - 42% ➡️ 19/38 - 42%

Fall of Light

Trophies: 5/24 - 8% ➡️ 5/24 - 8%

Trials Fusion

Trophies: 6/16 - 30% Base Game (35 DLC) ➡️ 6/16 - 30%

Tharsis

Trophies: 6/12 - 35% ➡️ 6/12 - 35%

Pyre

Trophies: 28/51 - 45% ➡️ 51/51 - 100%

Darkest Dungeon

Trophies: 13/53 (Base Game) - 19% ➡️ 15/53 - 21%

Some stats to see how this plays out:

600 Games Played ➡️ 611 Games Played

280 Games Completed ➡️ 287 Games Completed

60.89% Completion ➡️ 60.99% Completion

7825 Unearned Trophies ➡️ 7943 Unearned Trophies

Other Games Played:

Access Denied - 14 trophies earned :platinum:

Daggerhood - 16 trophies earned :platinum:

Zeroptian Invasion - 12 trophies earned :platinum:

FIFA 15 - 4 trophies earned

FIFA 17 - 3 trophies earned

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - 9 trophies earned

Even playing 11 new games and having 118 more unearned trophies, my completion went up strangely. Granted I did complete 3 that I started out of the 8 too...

If people are still reading this far down this post, here are how I ranked my enjoyment of the 8 titles I played.

1. Tacoma - :platinum:
  2. Inside - :platinum:
  3. Darkest Dungeon - :gold:
  4. Pyre - :gold:
  5. Tharsis - :gold:
  6. Trials Fusion - :silver:
  7. WRC 5 - :silver:
  8. Fall of Light - :bronze:

• Like 4

Update Post for Previous KYC Events:

KYC 3.0

1. Flame Over ➡️ 24%
  2. Grim Fandango Remastered ➡️ 100%
  3. Nom Nom Galaxy ➡️ 1%
  4. OlliOlli ➡️ 5%
  5. Resident Evil (PS4) ➡️ 4%
  6. Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones ➡️ 15%
  7. The Swapper ➡️ 100%
  8. The Swindle ➡️ 9%
  9. Titan Souls ➡️ 20%
  10. XCOM: Enemy Unknown ➡️ 0%

KYC: CYOA

1. Oddworld New'N'Tasty ➡️ 7%
  2. CastleStorm ➡️ 0%
  3. de Blob 2 ➡️ 0%
  4. Sonic Adventure ➡️ 0%
  5. Ether One ➡️ 0%
  6. Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 ➡️ 0%
  7. Kinetica ➡️ 0%
  8. Styx: Master of Shadows ➡️ 0%
  • Like 1

I finally finished my first playthrough of Pillars of Eternity. Took around 70 hours with all the DLC. Unfortunately there have been a lot of crashes the further I got into the game, and the loading screens are kind of killer. Both of these might be less of an issue on a PS4Pro , I own a regular one though and it was a bit of a rough ride. It's still a :platinum: for me, but objectively it's a :gold: due to the bugs and technical issues.

I'm missing one final playthrough with less than 175 kills, which I'll postpone until further notice, as I'm tempted to make this my 400th plat. Meaning I will need to find 15 plats for filler until then. Some candidates might end up being games from previous KYC events, like Assassin's Creed Unity and Transistor. Finished the story and DLC in Unity, so most of it is mop up of collectibles, misc stuff, 100% sync and the co-op stuff. Transistor I'm about halfway through of my 2nd playthrough.

• Like 2